• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Batfleck sucks and only looked good because he accidently synthesises with Snyder`s style.

100% the right move is to start fresh but not do an origin.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
maleficent bomba

looking at an alice in wonderland situation where the first one being as big as it was was a fluke, and literally no one is interested in a sequel

joker could win the weekend

Oct 31, 2017
First forecast for Jumanji from BOP is out and as expected they are forecasting a decent drop from the 2017 movie with a much higher OW.

Jumanji 2 forecast: OW ~70MM LTD ~265MM
Jumanji 2017 actual: OW 36MM LTD 404MM

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
First forecast for Jumanji from BOP is out and as expected they are forecasting a decent drop from the 2017 movie with a much higher OW.

Jumanji 2 forecast: OW ~70MM LTD ~265MM
Jumanji 2017 actual: OW 36MM LTD 404MM
I kind of agree.

Apart from Star Wars likely being less divisive, J3 has Spies in Disguise which could prove a compelling alternate for the family during Christmas break. Then there is Dolittle in January.

I do want Jumanji 3 to break $1bn though. Get Jon Favreau back to direct the sequel to Zathura for the Jumanji cinematic universe!

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So uhh... stealth ticket sale or am I missing something?

0TQJZkE.png

RmozqOd.png

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Parasite was amazing. Film of the year.

I wish I did not see that trailer for Jojo's rabbit right before. It spoiled way too much of the story for something I thought was going in the other direction

Oct 31, 2017
Zombieland 2 was okay. If you liked the first one you'll enjoy the 2nd one.

I am still waiting to see when Jojo is gonna show up at one of the movie theaters near me.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
There's money to be made in this weekend at the box office, as Universal/Miramax/Blumhouse's Halloween proved a year ago with the month's current third-best best opening record of $76.2M. But instead of one movie making that amount this weekend, it's being roughly split up between Disney's Maleficent: Mistress of Evil ($37.7M), Warner Bros. third weekend of Joker ($28.3M), and the opening of Sony's Zombieland: Double Tap ($26.5M) (actually the trio are making more than Halloween did with $93.8M).

For Maleficent 2, it's current forecasted opening is a disastrous stateside result for a $185M feature — and it has the support of 2,300 3D locations, 380 IMAX screens, 600 Premium Large Format screens and 135 D-Box/4D theaters. Right now the pic's 3-day is below tracking's $40M+ projections and 46% off the original pic's $69.4M opening. If this film is going to do any better, it comes down to matinees today and tomorrow as only 36% families showed up yesterday to 64% general audiences in Comscore/Screen Engine PostTrak exits. Similar to the first movie there's a disparity between critics, who slammed it at 40% on Rotten Tomatoes and audiences who, like the first film, gave the sequel an A Cinemascore.
Yikes at Maleficent.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I feel Joker will do gangbuster numbers again internationally this weekend. I have never seen my premium cinema this full (with full I mean booked out down to the last seat) in Germany on a non launch weekend unless it's like Star Wars

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Batman 89 hit 800mil WW with inflation? If so, that's 4 Joker movies going 800mil+, with 2 potentially 1bill+. Dude is money.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
There was nothing magical about the domestic box office debut of Angelina Jolie-starrer Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.

The sequel stumbled to first place with $36 million from 3,790 theaters, well behind expectations and more than 45 percent behind the $69.4 million launch of Maleficent five years ago. It also supplanted Dumbo to mark Disney's lowest opening of the year so far (excluding Fox titles).

Maleficent 2's fate will now depend upon its performance overseas, where the first film made 68 percent of its total haul. The $185 million sequel opened to $117 million from 56 material markets for an early worldwide total of $153 million, the third biggest global start ever for the month of October. China led with $22.4 million, 15 percent ahead of the first film.

Status
Not open for further replies.