• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
At least with Geostorm, people know what they get, cg mess and bad story.
I dont what with BR so intimidated , my friends refused to see it and ticket price is just ~3$ on wednesday.

Last edited:

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least with Geostorm, people know what they get, cg mess and bad story.
I dont what with BR so intimidated , none of my friends refused to see it and ticket price is just ~3$ on wednesday.

Yeah I don't even mean the whole Geostorm vs Blade Runner. Just in general. Stuff like Geostorm, Resident Evil, etc just sometimes randomly perform really well there.

It's hard to predict it's box office because it doesn't really follow patterns anywhere else does at times

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Entry into the game is closed. Don't edit your posts. I can see your edit history anyhow!

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't even mean the whole Geostorm vs Blade Runner. Just in general. Stuff like Geostorm, Resident Evil, etc just sometimes randomly perform really well there.

It's hard to predict it's box office because it doesn't really follow patterns anywhere else does at times
They are probably showing up mostly for the spectacle. The more wordy and less visual focused a movie is the more than can get lost in translation not just in the words to words sense but culturally.

Oct 25, 2017
We'll always have Reign of Fire.

Also, when he's allowed to actually have some damn fun he's actually amusing to watch, like Gods of Egypt.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
So many ResetEra things to keep up with that i just now caught up to the thread. Missed the prediction by a bit, RIP.

But if i had to take a guess i would say:
Thor: $108.4m
JL: $145.6m

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
Shit. I forgot about Reign of Fire.

Dracula 2000
Reign of Fire
Olympus Has Fallen
London Has Fallen
Geostorm

Gerard Butler is a treasure.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LOL no, but I thought after 300 he would be a big deal. Looking at his IMDB, there is going to be a third Fallen movie? Are they any good?
I like Olympus has Fallen fairly well. It was a lesser Die Hard in an era when we don't really see a lot of movies like that. London has Fallen was awful, however - jingoistic, racist, dumb, and not very exciting either.

Oct 25, 2017
Olympus Has Fallen is so stupid and bad that it is enjoyable. I mean, there's a scene where
the bad guys beat up Melissa Leo and drag her out of a room all the while she's reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
If there is one major problem with the movie, it is
they set up that the President knows how to box, but he doesn't defeat the bad guy by boxing him to death. Instead, it is just a generic death.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I thought Dorff was gonna be huge after Blade. And I really liked him in Cecil B. Demented.
He was XIII in a tv show I think. Oh well.

I refused to ever take Gerard Butler seriously after being subjected to the second Tomb Raider movie. I have forgiven Angelina for some reason.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Gerard Butler unleashed is a beautiful thing to behold .
Citation : the man stumping around chewing scenery ( and apples??) on God of Egypt , and making no attempt to hide his real accent .

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember but weren't there a projection that Thor: Ragnarok would do $125 million ow?

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Blade Runner 2049 and Geostorm both opened in China this weekend.

Blade Runner is looking like a Sub-$10M opening. Maybe $15M total there.

Geostorm will open to over $30M
I love how utterly unpredictable China's boxoffice is.

Do we know how BR did in Japan yet? (not that it will save it)

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
thoughts on ragnaroks final total?

i just think JL will cut it a bit, and it doesn't have the homecoming luxury of 6 weeks summer holidays across the us and europe to give it legs

marvel should have really pulled it forward a week or two. JL has a month before jedi

if it sneaks over 800 it will have done really well

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does xaosslug post here?
Based on his posts post-exodus he seemed kind of oblivious that the entire BO community left and said he is going to keep posting his topics there. I really don't get the impression he fully understands what happened or where people went and doesn't seem to care enough to look into it. Oh well.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I hate being reminded about what a waste Reign of fire was . Dragonpocalypse, dragons vs tanks , Shit had potential .

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reign of Fire was one of those movies during the height of mid-00's DVD collecting mania that everyone seemed to own but no one seemed to like.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Justice League China trailer:

Why is the Chinese trailer better than the US one . Also I noticed that the cgi for cyborg has been improved in the tv spots vs trailer which I assume is the final version . The tv spots show a more brushed metal look vs shiny look in the trailers

It's still the worst cg of the group and movie

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
Based on his posts post-exodus he seemed kind of oblivious that the entire BO community left and said he is going to keep posting his topics there. I really don't get the impression he fully understands what happened or where people went and doesn't seem to care enough to look into it. Oh well.

Xaosslug already posted in this very thread lol.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Under $5m for a George Clooney, Matt Damon, and Julianne Moore movie is crazy! I saw the movie and it was utterly forgettable and not great but you'd think those 3 would get some butts in seats. I'm not sure anything could have saved the movie but the trailer also implies a movie that is quite different from what the story actually is.

Horror really seems to be the most reliable movie genre nowadays, doesn't it...

I wonder how It will do this week, a lot of the theaters around me are putting it into the best theaters for that Halloween bump.

After 3 months of moviepass'ing now I feel sorta movie'd out, I've been going 2x a week and pretty much seen everything and don't feel like watching those random "not sure if I will like this" movies anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.