• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Why would most think that way? You think the general audience follows behind the scenes film news? Most people don't even know who directed BvS and have no clue Snyder left and Joss filled in. I think you're over thinking things. If JL reviews decent with warm WoM it will do very well. If not we're probably looking at something around SS.
Enjoyed Wonder Woman. Thought it was great. I won't be seeing JL in theaters, but not because of BvS. It's more of not being sure if I want to further support stuff that Joss Whedon and Ben Affleck are doing.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Nolan couldn't even get nominations for the Prestige, his best movie, or the juggernaut of the Dark Knight he is never winning a best picture award.

Well, Nolan has never made a film more Oscar friendly then Dunkirk. History is littered with brace war pictures with Oscar gold, compared to magician movies and superhero epics. It's not only one of the biggest box office successes of the year, but a 90+ metacritic as well. It'll be there nomination morning

The biggest thing against is will be the lack of acting and writing nominations. The last fin to win the big prize without either of those was Titanic back in 98, which was the biggest movie of all time. Before that it was Sound of Music which was also one of the biggest movies of all time.

Best director these days often goes to the big technical achievements(gravity, birdman, revenent, la la land, life of pi) while best picture is smaller and more politically relevant(Argo, 12 years a slave, spotlight, moonlight) so that augers very well for a Nolan Oscar next year. If not this year it'll never happen

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"A24's Lady Bird from director/actress Greta Gerwig is currently posting the second best theater average of 2017 with $80K at four New York and Los Angeles venues after Lionsgate/Amazon's The Big Sick which charted $84K per theater in its opening weekend."

JaseC's muse rises! One of the very best reviewed movies of the year(93 on Metacritic, 100% on RT)

update, its 93k PTA, so its now the best of the year, 2nd best for A24 behind Moonlight.

Saorise, her power

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvM3duRTFVbEdGTHlYbS9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
A24 stay winning.

JC is seeing Call me by your name next week. I gotta wait till the official release here. Least I can watch 120 bpm soon.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Thor in Dolby in a little bit.

First time I've been excited for a Thor movie, if I'm being honest.

Screening of Lady Bird next week as well.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So even Sweden has a film festival. Can't say I've ever noticed Copenhagen have one?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect 2049 to rack up at least 5 Oscars in the tech categories. It is a stunning movie to watch.

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
$121M for Ragnarok this weekend.

I will post the new thread after the mojo chart goes up.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved for Thor, they finally nailed it with the third entry after struggling to make the character work.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Status
Not open for further replies.