• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Does that mean Sony's only major franchise with success this year is going to be Spider-Man?

If so, they better hope their live action spin-off plan doesn't blow up in their face.
Yes.

Spider-Man / Sony Universe of Marvel Characters is their only real viable franchise at this point, alongside Hotel Transylvania, to a lesser degree.

Maybe if Bloodshot does well, they can either renegotiate with Valiant or build around him.

Ghostbusters, maybe this reboot might reinvigorate the franchise.

I assume they'll have to rely on PlayStation Productions to help develop new potential franchises. (They did list Robotech as a cornerstone franchise, but that film has been in development hell for years)

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
what's the deal with Promare? Is it one of the best animated movies of 2019? I haven't seen it but those that have can't stop talking about it.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
what's the deal with Promare? Is it one of the best animated movies of 2019? I haven't seen it but those that have can't stop talking about it.

It's an anime film by Trigger animation (Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia). It's certainly a popular subject in anime communities right now, but I can't see it getting bigger recognition in the wider animation community compared to anime films like Weathering with You.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Welp. Good luck to Sony on that one. I can't see enough people caring about Morbius or Jared Leto.
They were drunk with power after Venom made $800M+ without stopping to consider that Morbius has zero name recognition nor Venom's connection to one of the most famous superheroes in the world.

I'm surprised they didn't work out a deal for Hardy to have a minor role since Venom was such a hit.

Oct 25, 2017
My experience with Promare was not actually seeing it myself but waiting in line for tickets/concessions and two grown ass men who smelled terribly were ahead of me. They were arguing over who was the prettiest Sailor Moon character. They seemed pretty heated. When they got up to the counter, they bought two tickets to Promare.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
They were drunk with power after Venom made $800M+ without stopping to consider that Morbius has zero name recognition nor Venom's connection to one of the most famous superheroes in the world.

I'm surprised they didn't work out a deal for Hardy to have a minor role since Venom was such a hit.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't past Warner Bros to do the same thing now that Joker is such a big success.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
In a way, when think about it, people's headcanons are kinda as valid as the screenplay written by someone who didn't have any connection whatsoever to Star Wars beforehand. I mean, what is TLJ but RJ's own personal headcanon? :P

You mean besides the official canon as put forward by Lucasfilm?

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Worked for the first IT
The Finn Wolfhard Bump.

Oh shit. Did not know Marriage Story is out today.
I forgot too -- thanks! My heart tonight:

giphy.gif

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Not sure if there's a thread on it (couldn't find one) but y'all need to watch Marriage Story on Netflix. I was 5 when my parents went through a messy divorce, and this movie fucked me up. The performances are just incredible.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Not sure if there's a thread on it (couldn't find one) but y'all need to watch Marriage Story on Netflix. I was 5 when my parents went through a messy divorce, and this movie fucked me up. The performances are just incredible.
Planning on watching it as soon as I get home. I thought about making a thread but I wasn't sure of the interest level.

edit: nvm, one is already up: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...ationship-out-now-on-netflix-94-on-mc.151345/

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Lionsgate should hand the John Wick franchise to Rian Johnson.

Just imagine the masterpiece John Wick 4 would be with him at the helm.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I think Lionsgate should hand the John Wick franchise to Rian Johnson.

Just imagine the masterpiece John Wick 4 would be with him at the helm.

I honestly thought JW3 was a goddamn masterpiece and think it deserved more at the BO despite it being profitable.

The dog and motorcycle scenes alone were worth the price of admission.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I honestly thought JW3 was a goddamn masterpiece and think it deserved more at the BO despite it being profitable.

The dog and motorcycle scenes alone were worth the price of admission.
fBuIJKP.png

Any series would kill to have the growth and momentum that Wick has. It isn't lighting the world on fire with record breaking grosses, but the jump from each entry to the next is impressive.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
fBuIJKP.png

Any series would kill to have the growth and momentum that Wick has. It isn't lighting the world on fire with record breaking grosses, but the jump from each entry to the next is impressive.

I feel like you're my alter ego that always has statistics ready to back up my comments. I come in here and say something and you have an awesome chart prepared to back it up or refute it perfectly within minutes. I love it.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I feel like you're my alter ego that always has statistics ready to back up my comments. I come in here and say something and you have an awesome chart prepared to back it up or refute it perfectly within minutes. I love it.
Just quick on the draw is all, lol. And happened to be at my computer.

The chart function on The Numbers is really really fun to play with.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
oh my god....I've never been on the numbers. It's amazing!
It was fun before, but since Box Office Mojo shat the bed the other month it is where most of us are migrating for everything instead of just a comparison here or there.
And I do appreciate that they are listening to feedback and adding features people want, even basic things like sortable tables.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
It was fun before, but since Box Office Mojo shat the bed the other month it is where most of us are migrating for everything instead of just a comparison here or there.
And I do appreciate that they are listening to feedback and adding features people want, even basic things like sortable tables.

Perfect! I'm empowered to make a lot more baseless comments knowing you have the tools to back me up at your fingertips!

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Will be interesting how Knives Out does over the next few weekends. Its dipped pretty hard over the week, I wonder what its numbers will be this weekend? Optimistically, 15M? Is that too optimistic? While it's broken even on the film budget, idk if it's broken even between the movie and marketing...

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Seeing knives out in a few hours. God damn people have just been dumping praise on it, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.

Even one of my HS students said she loved it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.