• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume the Oscar bait is on its way now that it's December right? Feels pretty quiet this year, we already had a good estimate for nominees by November last year.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I assume the Oscar bait is on its way now that it's December right? Feels pretty quiet this year, we already had a good estimate for nominees by November last year.
You would be right about the Oscar bait coming!
tumblr_puvjhpSLdf1s8ev4jo3_500.gifv

Cats-1572079207-1572079209.gif

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
Once the International numbers roll-in, Terminator: Dark Fate will have officially passed Dark Phoenix's gross at the box-office.

#JamesCameronStaysWinning
#WhatisMarvel

wyndhamprice

Oct 27, 2017

Most of the big Oscar players have released already, believe it or not. Parasite, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Farewell, Marriage Story, and The Irishman all hit at the end of the summer/beginning of fall in theaters.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
HOLY SHIT FOR FROZEN

star wars is lucky frozen is pretty far back, it would have ate star wars alive if it was closer ( same studio i know )

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I like about this week? All the films in the top 5 are interesting films worth seeing. That hasn't happened in forever.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Why would anyone root against Knives Out just because they didn't like Last Jedi?
Hope I can catch the movie next week.

Great number all around except for... Charlie's Angels lol, managed to drop 60% even retaining 3000 theatres. ouch
Frozen 2 legs are going to be crazy. Expected big hit.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Knives Out was ruined for me by a couple talking the entire movie. I can't believe people think its okay to talk in a movie.

Shame about Charlie's Angels being a flop. Was awesome
Tell them to shut the fuck up. I do it all the time. First time a phone comes out, I tell them to put it away. First time someone starts talking, I shush them. Occasionally you get a chode who puffs his chest up over it, but they are typically cowards who won't do shit about it except try to look tough in front of their girlfriends

BTM

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Knives out is my favorite film of the last few years. Phenomenal

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Took the kids to see Frozen and liked it better than the first. Really fun time and the kids loooooooved it.

10:00 showing was sold out.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Gah. I really wish it wasn't supposed to snow really bad this weekend.

Family left early this weekend. I would have had time all day to see Knives Out.

Going to go next weekend instead. But I'm glad to hear it's really good.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Knives Out was ruined for me by a couple talking the entire movie. I can't believe people think its okay to talk in a movie.

Shame about Charlie's Angels being a flop. Was awesome
My Detective Pikachu screening was the worst audience I've ever been in. All the parents were on their stupid bright phones and some group of kids were chattering all the time. Theater etiquette is dead.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Creed 2 and Bohemian Rhapsody were family fare? Can't help but feel Deadline is trying to skew facts to fit their own story...

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Add me to the tally of "it's cool that we have a bunch of well-reviewed films in the top 5 box office" commentators. I'm unsure if I will find time to watch them, but I really want to catch both Knives Out and Ford V Ferrari.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
saw Knives Out on a whim on Friday, loved it and glad to see it doing so well...give me more Craig as Blanc, I love his shenanigans with that accent.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saw both Knives Out and Frozen II, both great movies and had a great time. Perfect weather in Maryland for movies day too.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Why would anyone root against Knives Out just because they didn't like Last Jedi?
Hope I can catch the movie next week.

Great number all around except for... Charlie's Angels lol, managed to drop 60% even retaining 3000 theatres. ouch
Frozen 2 legs are going to be crazy. Expected big hit.
Because Rian Johnson committed the unspeakable crime of RUINING THEIR CHILDHOOD (read: he made a movie they didn't like) and for that he must pay.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Frozen II continues to deservedly dominate.

uXVaK6R.jpg

The movie isn't quite perfect, but man is it still a truly incredible movie with some really amazing moments in it. Can't wait to see it again tonight!

The Lion King is shaking.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Waves not cracking the top 30 says I probably won't see it come to my area.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Glad Queen & Slim made as much as it did. Wonderful movie. Honestly, everything in the Top 5 are stellar films.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knives was absolutely incredible. Super tight script and great dialogue. Rian is really very talented, I still want to know how Canto bight and the resistance plot happened in TLJ from a writer of his skill. Also Daniel Craig and Ana de Armas are fantastic actors.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, these days you can get your furry stuff from many other places than just the legitimate theater.

AKA I don't know anything about CATS or why people cared for that play. The interest always seemed weirdly artificial to me.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Who at Hollywood keeps thinking that opening against Star Wars is a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.