• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
How the hell is Grace Randolph allowed to affect anyone's RT score? Her review is just "it's political so it's bad".

She's so deep into the alt-right rabbit hole now there's no going back. Same is happening with Jeremy Jahns and other YouTubers I used to follow but it's so obvious now that they're addicted to the easy views from conservative or reactionary users.

She prides herself in being in touch with audiences, but the Cinemascore, audience and critical reviews, and the box office are proving her wrong, which I hope further damages her brand to the few who still consider her trustworthy.

Aine

May 27, 2019
She's so deep into the alt-right rabbit hole now there's no going back. Same is happening with Jeremy Jahns and other YouTubers I used to follow but it's so obvious now that they're addicted to the easy views from conservative or reactionary users.

She prides herself in being in touch with audiences, but the Cinemascore, audience and critical reviews, and the box office are proving her wrong, which I hope further damages her brand to the few who still consider her trustworthy.

I feel content in never getting attached to Youtubers, these days.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
7 out of 9 Disney releases in 2019 will gross over 1 billion dollars...

giphy.gif
2020 is going to be an ugly drop for Disney and WB might regain the box office share.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
And some of the few negative reviews are actually positive. One gave it a 3/5 ! ?
Iirc 3/5 reviews are considered on the cusp and RT will usually ask the critic if they'd rather they consider it a fresh score or a rotten one.

I could be totally speaking out of my ass here though. Maybe it was 2/4 for sites that use that metric?

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Iirc 3/5 reviews are considered on the cusp and RT will usually ask the critic if they'd rather they consider it a fresh score or a rotten one.

I could be totally speaking out of my ass here though. Maybe it was 2/4 for sites that use that metric?
No, I've heard that too. I believe the critics get to choose whether their review is classified as fresh or rotten.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Paddington 2, Leave No Trace and Parasite also have a 100% with Top Critics (in fact, those first two have an overall 100%).

Not that this makes Knives Out's performance less impressive, just trying to get people to watch those excellent films as well.
Still haven't seen any of the paddingtons, should probably get on that. Haven't seen Parasite.. now it's on my radar. Also Leave No Trace murdered me with that ending, my god

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah, they do ask the critic when it's not clear. That's probably it.

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
God I'm so happy Knives Out is doing well. We need more movies like that in theaters. If this means a new franchise for Craig then fuuuuuck yes.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Estimated international totals through Sunday for Frozen II include:

China - $90.5M

If anyone had doubts about Disney continuing to force Elsa to remain in the closet, take a look at that number. Disney just added a few more locks to the door.

stefano-scola-render-0.jpg

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I think Black Widow is going to do a little better at the box office than people were saying...

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

China - $90.5M

If anyone had doubts about Disney continuing to force Elsa to remain in the closet, take a look at that number. Disney just added a few more locks to the door.

Sigh

But you're right

Conceal, don't feel

OP
OP

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact RT allows someone who attacks minorities and pushing white power bullshit like Grace Randolph on their site is bizarre.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeremy Jahns has been peddling alt-right nonsense for years, people just didn't notice it till it became more blatant.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017

China - $90.5M

stefano-scola-render-0.jpg

Isn't that a low number for China?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Jeremy went all in on fandom menace shit

I am trying to get my coworker to stop watching him and Cinemasins but to not much luck.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Rian Johnson could makes a billion dollar+ movie with critical acclaim on a project he was not "suited" for then damn, I'm even more impressed by TLJ now.

When even something as bad and unwanted as Solo can come to nearly 400m WW, Rian Johnson not being well suited to make a bridge entry in a trilogy wasn't going to stop TLJ (the 2nd mainline film at the time) from hitting a billion plus. It had fantastic upfront metrics and openings.

That is not to say that Rian Johnson is at fault entirely as he simply wasn't managed well enough by LF (that's not a shot at him, that's a reality of any directors working relationship while make a film — it's not fair to anyone in his position FYI). Also doesn't mean that his own trilogy can't be great since he's at his best when making original material. His trilogy could easily be better than a properly followed through JJ trilogy.

Last edited:

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again with the goalposts
Grow the fuck up homes

Excuse me?

Edit : I said that Rian Johnson is great, Knives Out is a treat, and an RJ only trilogy could easily be better than a JJ trilogy AND that what happened with TLJ wasn't to be solely on, —nor fair to— him.

Maybe look in the mirror and get some perspective. There's no need to post like you frequently do. :/

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lol at this narrative that RJ wasn't suited for the job, let the salt flow through you.

Imagine arguing that someone should be "at fault" for a movie achieving overwhelming critical success hitting 1.3B WW

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I only saw Paddington 2 because of the raves here. Expectations were high.

I was not disappointed! It was great!

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
031c110c38fc5de401036eb4d00b10b7.gif

But in all seriousness, they are so close in quality. The first was damn near perfect, then they somehow improved in the sequel and made it look effortless.
Agreed. I think the only flaw in Paddington 2 is that the family isn't quite naturally integrated in the plot. I love them all so much that having the story open up in the way it did meant they had less screen time. The film itself is still lovely and damn entertaining. It's hard to fault it for not giving me what I wanted when what it does give is truly amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.