• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Agree with everyone on Knives Out, definitely one of my favourite movies of the year. It was a lot of fun and every single performance in it was great.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Will be interesting how Knives Out does over the next few weekends. Its dipped pretty hard over the week, I wonder what its numbers will be this weekend? Optimistically, 15M? Is that too optimistic? While it's broken even on the film budget, idk if it's broken even between the movie and marketing...

Deadline is estimating 14 million

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Edge of Tommorow on TV right now.

Such a underrated gem.
3OBp.gif

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Knives Out was awesome, amazing cast.

I saw an advanced screening of Jumanji: The Next Level last night. I don't think it was quite as good as the last one but it was still good and very funny. The jokes got a lot of laughs from the audience, so I think it will do very well when it comes out.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PLAYMOBIL: THE MOVIE 0.17 0.17 (new; $71 PTA from 2,337 theaters)

There's so much to say about this, like the $71 PTA...who in the right mind saw this movie

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
STX's Playmobil is hardly registering, delivering an estimated $167,000 from 2,337 locations, with current expectations for a three-day that won't even hit $800k. Should it manage to hit $800k, we're looking at a $342 per theater average, which ranks among the worst openings of all-time and would serve as the fourth worst opening average ever for a film debuting in over 2,000 locations (third worst if you don't count the re-release of Saw five years ago).

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Universal should have expanded Queen & Slim. It's getting close to top 3 with half the theatre count of its competitors.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
US release being constantly delayed
STX as distributor
Lousy reviews from international reviewers
Weak international numbers
Barely any advertising leading up to the final release

I'm honestly surprised the producers didn't just throw their hands up in the air and pulled out the "straight-to-video/Netflix" shotgun from the shed for Playmobil.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
STX as distributor

I'm honestly surprised the producers didn't just throw their hands up in the air and pulled out the "straight-to-video/Netflix" shotgun from the shed for Playmobil.

That would require a streamer to want to buy it.

Paramount could convince Netflix to take the remains of Cloverfield Paradox off their hands and cover all the costs because even if it sucks folks are interested out of morbid curiosity.

But who the hell is going to drop $75 million on Playmobil? Crackle?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
STX as distributor

I'm sure they tried but Netflix wasn't interested lol

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That would require a streamer to want to buy it.

Paramount could convince Netflix to take the remains of Cloverfield Paradox off their hands and cover all the costs because even if it sucks folks are interested out of morbid curiosity.

But who the hell is going to drop $75 million on Playmobil? Crackle?

Oof, fair point. I just remembered that even Netflix has shown they have standards sometimes (Holmes and Watson).

Status
Not open for further replies.