• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are overestimating Spidey and Poppins, while underestimating Aquaman. I feel like those two flicks have their markets picked, while Aquaman is going to be the "Let's pick something we can all agree on" flick. And outside Bumblebee, there isn't anything else. Bumblebee gonna die.

Last edited:

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Been waiting for the Poppins/Aquaman/Spider-Verse/Bumblebee showdown since summer. Other than Venom, things have been pretty uneventful at the box office.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Just got out from Ralph Breaks the Internet. Good lord, this might be the most dull Disney animation studio output yet. Most of the joke the doesn't land --- I feel like there were less of them, the theme was lame and they made the 2 main character as annoying as possible. Spider-Verse made Ralph looks like amateur hour in comparison.

I really hope Spider-Verse wins an Oscar next year because Incredibles 2 and Ralph 2 definitely doesn't deserve it.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

CHINA UPDATE
Sunday Estimates

Aquaman 221m/652m -16.5%

Venom did minus 26%, all hail merciful Poseidon and the sweet embrace of the sea.

A Cool Fish 15.6m / 746m -20%
Ralph 2 7.4m / 266.5m -4%
Einstein and Einstein 5.4m 20.2m -4%
Venom 3.45m / 1858m -26.6%
Johnny English 3 1.7m / 168m -14%
Adrift 1.6m /8m -36%
FB2 420k / 398.1m

Been waiting for the Poppins/Aquaman/Spider-Verse/Bumblebee showdown since summer. Other than Venom, things have been pretty uneventful at the box office.

Do you mean to taste or in terms of grosses? October was nuts with Halloween, A Star is Born, and Venom all breaking out and a lot of good smaller productions.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Aquaman or Poppins win's easily. Poppins has little competition for the audience its going for so that could easily do the best of the bunch. Otherwise its Aquaman. I just hope Into the Spider-Verse does well. I want to see more animation taking some real risks.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aquaman or Poppins win's easily. Poppins has little competition for the audience its going for so that could easily do the best of the bunch. Otherwise its Aquaman. I just hope Into the Spider-Verse does well. I want to see more animation taking some real risks.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I don't know what current populous is sitting around Fist bumping that a new Mary Poppins is coming out. I get it, families, but it's still weird to me seeing those projections associated with it.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-aquaman-swims-record-94m-china-1167802

James Wan's Aquaman made a giant splash in its China debut, grossing $93.6 million to land the top showing ever for a DC comic book adaptation two weeks ahead of its U.S. debut.
Aquaman — starring Jason Momoa in the titular role — marks the biggest opening ever in China for any Warner Bros. title, besting Ready Player One by 66 percent.
Among Warner Bros./DC movies, it launched 92 percent ahead of Justice League, 78 percent ahead of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and it's already exceeded the entire lifetime gross of Wonder Woman.
Aquaman also delivered the biggest industry opening for the month of December, commanding 85 percent of market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.