• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Next up - Avengers opening weekend is going down.

It only took 24 days but whatever.
Can you imagine how much someone would have been mocked and dogpiled if they suggested that it would take JL almost a month to match the Avengers opening weekend? That'd be the most ridiculous prediction of all time

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason since the start I had it in my mind that this was a 2D animated film. That style looks great, however so I won't complain.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting years for this movie, and we finally get to see the first glimpse of it.

And holy mother of all good things does this look much better than I could have ever anticipated. Damn, it just jumped to be one of my most anticipated movies.

I'm not so sure what to feel about the "multiple Spider-Men in one universe" as I've always preferred Spider-Man on his own, but I'm willing to give the idea a chance.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 starts filming in June 2018
New information given to us has revealed that cameras are expected to begin rolling this Junein Atlanta. Our assumption is that it could complete filming around October-December.

And here's the first poster for Ready Player One before Sunday's trailer:

dqn5y05vwaawqungco4k.jpg

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, new trailer hype. Heard mixed things about the book but Spielgawd returning to action blockbusters is exciting

The car chase we saw in the comic con trailer reminded me of those great setpieces he had in tin tin.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, new trailer hype. Heard mixed things about the book but Spielgawd returning to action blockbusters is exciting

The car chase we saw in the comic con trailer reminded me of those great setpieces he had in tin tin.
I'm curious - does it mute your excitement at all for a scene like that if it's not "real", like the characters are doing it in a game and can't be hurt? Because I think that's one of the biggest hurdles the movie is going to have to get over. That and the pop culture references and robot fucking.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Friday Studio Estimates:

1) Coco - $4.3M (-32%) - $121M total
2) The Disaster Artist - $2.6M
3) Justice League - $2.5M (-44%) - $205M total
4) Wonder - $2.5M (-31%) - $94M total
5) Thor Ragnarok - $1.7M (-38%) - $297M total
6) Daddy's Home 2 - $1.6M (-25%) - $87M total
7) Murder on the Orient Express - $1.5M (-26%) - $89M total
8) Just Getting Started - $1.2M
9) Lady Bird - $1.0M (-18%) - $20M total
10) Three Billboards - $835k (-39%) - $16M total

xx) The Shape of Water - $403k from 41 venues ($9.8k PTA)

After 23 days in release, today is the day that Justice League finally takes down Thor: The Dark World domestically.

If it holds on, we may have a week in the hundred thousand range where Thor beats Justice League.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ready Player One looks like it's gonna be the most groan-worthy movie of 2018.

Us gamers amiright?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Cruise is hiring that guy for the MI6 promo material as we speak.

lmaoooo. no more need for lifts when you can get that cgi leg extension tech instead.

just noticed Alan Silvestri's name on that poster. him reuniting with the DeLorean on film, I think there's a good chance we hear a small tease of the BTTF theme in this movie. should be sick.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Saw Orient Express earlier. Pretty good. Sound in my theater seemed on the wonky side so I missed some dialogue though.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Remember the 70s and 80s? Aka Ready Player One

I wonder how many of the rights did they clear for the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.