• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I might take my dad to see Call of the Wild, he's a sucker for dog movies. It'd be especially nice to see one where the dog doesn't die at the end. (no spoilers)

Here's to Sonic having killer legs!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Call of the Wild is going to be fairly good considering it's Chris Sanders (Lilo and Stitch, How to Train Your Dragon) Live Action Directorial Debut. But people seemed turned away by the CGI Dog in it.

Ironic considering it's competition is Sonic which also had CGI woes.

Also, Call of the Wild I guess is the first Disney Film of the year isn't it? If I'm doing a chart for their 2020 progress (Just to compare, I don't think the 10 Billion will be met this time) I better get the template created for it this weekend.

The countdown to Artemis Fowl begins.
(Unless it gets delayed again)

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I hope Call of the Wild is going to be fairly good considering it's Chris Sanders (Lilo and Stitch, How to Train Your Dragon) Live Action Directorial Debut. But people seemed turned away by the CGI Dog in it.

Ironic considering it's competition is Sonic which also had CGI woes.

Also, Call of the Wild I guess is the first Disney Film of the year isn't it? If I'm doing a chart for their 2020 progress (Just to compare, I don't think the 10 Billion will be met this time) I better get the template created for it this weekend.
With their slate this year plus China not seeing movies for the first half of the year, $10b is a pipe dream.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
unknown.png

Same score as Pikachu.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I might take my dad to see Call of the Wild, he's a sucker for dog movies. It'd be especially nice to see one where the dog doesn't die at the end. (no spoilers)

There are dog deaths in the book, I imagine they aren't going to change the Buck VS Spitz fight for who becomes leader of the pack either. Just something you will want a heads up on.

The countdown to Artemis Fowl begins.
(Unless it gets delayed again)

jr4z8uY.png

This mock poster I made is more accurate than the last official poster disney released for the film.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Sonic's really gonna do better than Birds of Prey OW by $10M?
I...don't know what to say...
The score also has me shocked, oh well, guess I'm watching it with A-List

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Sonic's really gonna do better than Birds of Prey OW by $10M?
I...don't know what to say...
The score also has me shocked, oh well, guess I'm watching it with A-List

I don't see why this is so unexpected. BoP is a R-rated comic book film about a character that's mainly popular with teenagers and a sequel to a poorly received film. Sonic is a PG family movie in a market that hasn't had a family movie in weeks, and doesn't look horrible.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The movies coming out this year might (specifically Fast 9).

I wasn't convinced before this started that any movie this year could hit $1b, but without China, I think it's way more likely.
I think Black Widow can do it without China. Captain Marvel is almost at a billion without China.

But Fast 9 will be fucked out of its billie.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
I think Black Widow can do it without China. Captain Marvel is almost at a billion without China.

But Fast 9 will be fucked out of its billie.
I really doubt Black Widow will do a billion, even if it had China. Captain Marvel did a billion but it was the first female MCU movie and people knew that she was going to pop up on Endgame.
Black Widow is a prequel, doesn't seem to have much of influence in the future of the MCU. Unless it reviews crazy well, I don't see it doing a million.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Black Widow is going to do extremely well. Has one of the most popular characters people have wanted a movie from for a long time, and it is coming off a 10 month drought of MCU films. People gonna be hungry.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I made a bet in a post somewhere that Sonic would review well and make more than Birds of Prey's OW

As soon as i find it and collect my winnings im retiring from posting

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, I just looked and realized Rise of Skywalker won't even make as much domestically as Rogue One (and will barely pass it worldwide). What a shit show

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic gonna beat Harley?
Micheal Pena gonna beat Harley?
Fucking Photograph gonna beat Harley?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll review well and everything but Onward looks like it's the most uninspired Pixar film since The Good Dinosaur

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Onward looks like a mediocre Dreamworks movie with the Pixar logo in front of it. I still think I'll have a good time with it, just not in theaters.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
If BoP can miraculously hold onto the #3 and #4 spot for a couple of weeks maybe things will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.