• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saying Evangeline Lily hasn't had a successful acting career is quite a stretch I gotta say

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ssing-film-history-at-33-amc-theaters-1085844

Disney and Marvel Studios' Black Panther has already become the highest-grossing title in history at 33 AMC Theaters across the country, according to the mega exhibitor.

Put another way, Black Panther earned more at those cinemas on Thursday evening and Friday — along with advance ticket sales for other times during the weekend — than any other movie has in an entire weekend.

AMC didn't provide a list of the 33 theaters, nor a precise dollar amount for those cinemas, but noted that there were a record 83 showings on Friday at the AMC Southlake 24 in Atlanta.

Owned by Chian's Dalian Wanda Group, AMC is the largest movie chain in the world, including in North America, where it operates 661 locations.

never heard of this, but I will take it

Oct 31, 2017
Only the last 3 were over $800M, unless you are already counting BP.

I think that Ant-Man will break the streak.

I know it's early, but what do you think it gets to? I'm guessing a nice 20-25% bump from IWs high, which would get it to ~215-220MM Domestic and 630-650MM WW. If it is really good, I can see it getting over 250MM domestic and over 700MM WW.

When Feige leaves Marvel Studios it's gonna be to take Bob Igers job

Feige (or Kennedy) could realistically take Alan Horn's job in 5-10 years if either wants to. They will probably stay with Disney for now as they seem happy there and get to call all the shots. They probably gets offers from everywhere all the time though.

Wasn't the whole thing of Feige reporting directly to Horn a direct effect of him pretty much saying he was going to bounce if he had to keep reporting to Perlmutter and that whole drama at that time was happening? And then Iger said naw we changing that. Coincidentally (it's not a coincidence) minorities and women are getting an equal push/spotlight and directors have said nothing but praise about working with Marvel now (see every director in Phase 3 commenting on it).

Marvel is dipping into the Disney Vault right now to find a check big enough to give to Coogler for the sequel

I'll be highly surprised if Coogler is not signed to finish up the trilogy. Ironically I would also be highly interested in a Coogler Star Wars trilogy.

I heard "aboots" and "going oot" all the time when I worked in a small town in Wisconsin as well. They also said "eh?" a lot.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I think Ant-Man is gonna get a pretty decent bump over the original. What did it end up grossing? Rudd was fantastic in Civil War, really stole the show during the airport skirmish, and I'm sure Infinity War won't hurt, either.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think Ant-Man is gonna get a pretty decent bump over the original. What did it end up grossing? Rudd was fantastic in Civil War, really stole the show during the airport skirmish, and I'm sure Infinity War won't hurt, either.
I think it will do better than folks think. It was the only trailer my theater crowd reacted too. The Pez and building things were crowd pleasers

Oct 31, 2017

OW: 57.3MM
Domestic total: 180.2MM
WW total: 520MM

All three are the lowest numbers for an MCU movie post Avengers. I forgot how low those numbers were, especially OW.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Definitely the reason Marvel put it as a summer release over later in the year. Big gap until Captain Marvel after it, but at the same time if AMATW gets a huge boost from BP and IW it makes sense.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I expect Ant-Man to get a solid bump from the original but still be on the lower end compared to Marvels other big franchises.

But it's gonna do a lot better than that original run for sure. Probably end up somewhere more in the 650+ range I would think

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
When you and your mate want to go watch the hottest film around, but can only afford one ticket between the two of you. How far would you go to see Black Panther?

DWNZtaxVoAAcPgO

If you click on the twitter link and scroll down a little, the full video is posted there as well.

LOL

I'm fuckin dying

Tell me this becomes a meme

Oct 31, 2017
That would have been 4 Marvel Studios movies in a year. Has that ever happened?

There will be Marvel slots claimed in 2020 if the Fox acquisition goes through smoothly and closes by the end of this year. I expect Disney to move some of those around but expecting 4-5 Marvel movies a year post 2019 seems like a decent bet.

Nope. After Ant-Man there's nothing until Captain Marvel in March.

Someone get Scott Buck on the phone. Only he can fix this.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
There will be Marvel slots claimed in 2020 if the Fox acquisition goes through smoothly and closes by the end of this year. I expect Disney to move some of those around but expecting 4-5 Marvel movies a year post 2019 seems like a decent bet.

Someone get Scott Buck on the phone. Only he can fix this.
Scott Buck is for TV. You call Ridley Scott for movies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Ant-Man is going to have its entire domestic take blown out by Black Panther in its opening weekend lol

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those movies come across as uninspired and rather obligatory in the face of BP, but that has nothing to do with their leads' racial classification.

Status
Not open for further replies.