• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Great opening for Captain Marvel. I wasn't entirely sure going off of the trailers but the movie ended up be rather enjoyable.

In even more pleasing news the low drop for Apollo 11 warms my heart. The more that movie makes the better.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a big fan of (the potential of) Captain Marvel, I'm looking forward to seeing this, but I'm going to wait a few weeks for the crowds to die down.

Man, Alita breaks my damn heart. It wasn't perfect but it deserved better. And a lot better than to be dragged into the #AlitaChallenge bullshit.

Yeah, I enjoyed Alita quite a bit, and now it's associated with regressive bullshit.

That's like, not even a blip on the radar. Stop giving them power.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Fantastic, hope it has good legs. Was going to see it again yesterday after work but only the bad seats were left. Trying to decide if I wanna go out in the rain to see it atm.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly you all should have known Alita was doomed when all the TV spots spent their time hyping up the visual spectacle and how you need to see it on the big screen instead of trying to sell the actual plot of the movie. That kind of marketing almost always leads to a bomba.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Slayven did you even get around to Captain Marvel after you messed up the summer time change?

Fantastic, hope it has good legs. Was going to see it again yesterday after work but only the bad seats were left. Trying to decide if I wanna go out in the rain to see it atm.
Lol, I'm contemplating going for a rewatch at this very moment as well.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Below is a picture taken of one of the incels upon hearing of CM's box office numbers

6e4.jpg

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
It's pretty crazy that we are 9 films into MCU Phase 3, and 7 of them opened to over 115M.

Phase 1 and 2 only had Iron Man and Avengers films break 100M OW.

mrmojo228

Dec 3, 2018
Did Alita end up doing well in the end? That movie is right in my wheelhouse and I had no idea about it until I randomly wanted to go see a movie and looked up showtimes. That almost never happens for me. Seems like they dropped the marketing ball. I really enjoyed it and want more.

nm read the thread :/

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I loved Alita, I don't know why some are cheering that it's not doing better. Movie had guts for a block buster, I'm a huge cape fan but bums me out that everybody turns out for aquaman and CM abut won't give alita the time of day.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
Damn Captain Marvel is doing much better internationally (sans China) than I thought it would. Perhaps $1B is truly within grasps.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i read Feige was gonna get fired because Captain Marvel will be the biggest bomb of all time.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
there's this alt right website that posted non stop articles that it will bomb for months and now they moved on to "but will it have legs? it will probaly flop in week 2".

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did Alita end up doing well in the end? That movie is right in my wheelhouse and I had no idea about it until I randomly wanted to go see a movie and looked up showtimes. That almost never happens for me. Seems like they dropped the marketing ball. I really enjoyed it and want more.

nm read the thread :/

It's within the territory that it depends on Cameron swaying things or not for a sequel

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
don't know how so many expected it to under perform considering how hyped up end game is. people are hungry right now.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Spectacular introduction - it looks like MCU will be just fine with T'Challa & Carol in the lead if Tony & Cap step away after Endgame.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Good debut.

Although, I feel I see a lot more anti-troll talk than actual trolls. Kinda odd, but maybe I don't swim near those waters.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kevie Feige was born to run the MCU the man is the greatest producer in Hollywood history. It's astounding the success the MCU has had.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She is. This movie was always gonna make bank. I genuinely wonder how anyone can unironically like her in comics. Looks like they just changed her character in the movie yeah? I'm still trying to figure out how ms marvel saw her as a role model.

Lol sorry to break it to you but they didn't change her character for the movie. This wasn't a RDJ like reinterpretation of Tony Stark. This is Carol Danvers through and through, it will take you some time to adjust but you'll get there once you stop taking YouTube vids at face value and actually read any of her comics. Not that she's had great writers over the last few years, but there's a clear difference between how she gets written in some books and other books that don't get the character.

Last edited:

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
It's looking like Alita won't have the legs I hoped for. Shame, it's a great movie and I'd like a sequel. But between Captain Marvel dominating, and Endgame looming on the horizon, Alita's Seemingly done for.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Good debut.

Although, I feel I see a lot more anti-troll talk than actual trolls. Kinda odd, but maybe I don't swim near those waters.

When the first thread here popped up about the flick getting reviewed bomb on RT. There was something like 50 user reviews total at the time. Nor did I know Alita was being used by the alt-right, till it was posted here. Where people already seem to be giving up on it for that reason. At times, it feels like people are giving them the soap box they so desire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.