• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Spectacular introduction - it looks like MCU will be just fine with T'Challa & Carol in the lead if Tony & Cap step away after Endgame.
Reminder that a Captain America film didn't break a billion till the third film with most of the gang showing up for it; in a movie that was an Avengers film in all but name. Now we have origin films busting through a billion or getting close to it on the first try.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The Geeks + Gamers channel is a delcious salt mine

He deleted the video of him saying that he was laughing at people using Thursday numbers as a sign of success because presales couldn't be refunded and that Friday would show the effects of the boycott

Now he has a video full of "I never said that" and the comments are full of manbabies crying about Cap Marvel's success.

The schadenfreude gives me life

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
She is. This movie was always gonna make bank. I genuinely wonder how anyone can unironically like her in comics. Looks like they just changed her character in the movie yeah? I'm still trying to figure out how ms marvel saw her as a role model.

Don't agree. Her stories, arcs, villains and things happening around her in the books were mostly disappointing, but as a character she was developed and interesting. Full of juicy contradictions: Super powerful, gleefully aggressive, over confident in the diplomatic powers of her fists --- the cosmic hero reality in her head clashing with real life, the murkyness of politics, war, conflicts that can't be solved with violence -- and her warmth and love for her earthly friends juxtaposed with her addictions, struggles to find a place, etc.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Captain Marvel's 3-day surpasses the opening weekends of the first two Iron Man films, The Incredible Hulk, the first two Captain America films, all three Thor films, Doctor Strange, both Ant-Man films, both Guardians of the Galaxy films, as well as all Spider-Man films, Venom, Suicide Squad, Man of Steel, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, both Deadpools and all X-Men films.

Damn! Well done!

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
So Disney to have at least 6 billion dollar movies this year?

Captain marvel
Avengers
Lion king
Star wars
Toy story 4
Frozen 2

Missing any other Disney guarantees?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
mod edit: content removed

This idiot is going to have a heart attack today. He's been shitting on CM for months now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Does the thumbnail for ant alt-right YouTube video turn Brie Larson's face into the "shoop da whoop" meme?

Yeah, should probably delete that link.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I claim this as a victory over incels everywhere and karmic justice for having to see that awful Last Jedi video with the photoshop'd thumbnail of Laura Dern on Youtube for a fucking year.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's one success for Disney on their roadmap to dominate the 2019 box office.

kfLYyAd.jpg

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People on here seriously called me out for saying Captain Marvel would do better than Wonder Wonder as well. It was never in doubt, Wonder Woman had pretty bad numbers overseas and Captain Marvel is the much better film.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Captain Marvel. I'm stunned at the amount of hate that is being spread on the internet trying to bring this movie down. Fortunately its clear these people live in their own bubble and the larger world dont give a fuck about them

I just opened my phones to Google tab and this was the top recommended thing, I'm assuming because i read a bunch of Marvel stuff. I didnt search or anything. It's just plastered right there

http:///Kvkd.jpg

The amount of utter sexism thrown at Brie Larson is disturbing

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the goalpost moving I'm seeing online.

First it was gonna fail, now it's "the SJW's saw it so now no one will go and it'll fail!"

Like how pathetic are you that you need to see a fucking blockbuster movie fail?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Happy for Captain Marvel. I'm stunned at the amount of hate that is being spread on the internet trying to bring this movie down. Fortunately its clear these people live in their own bubble and the larger world dont give a fuck about them

I just opened my phones to Google tab and this was the top recommended thing, I'm assuming because i read a bunch of Marvel stuff. I didnt search or anything. It's just plastered right there

http:///Kvkd.jpg

The amount of utter sexism thrown at Brie Larson is disturbing

CosmicBookNews is a known clickbait bullshit site.

But this guy is obsessed with Captain Marvel. They allow him to write a ton of sexist alt-right articles.

https://twitter.com/mattmcgloin?lang=en

His Twitter is legitimately embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.