• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
The new Dark Phoenix trailer played in front of Captain Marvel and it looked ... good? I've seen a lot of hate for it in other threads but I don't know .. i thought it looked pretty decent. Such a good cast.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The beard isn't as sexy on this new Captain, but it's still an entertaining picture despite that flaw.

Lmao! I'll keep that in mind.

Don't you just hate it when you sit down in a empty theater only for someone to come and choose the seat right behind you and start talking. Movie hasn't started but it's annoying.

I started coughing and sniffling and they cleared away a couple rows up. (I'm not sick)

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who are you people, seeing movies on a tuesday?

173f2455-e544-4b12-b06b-b7e2bc603ee7.png

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
The new Dark Phoenix trailer played in front of Captain Marvel and it looked ... good? I've seen a lot of hate for it in other threads but I don't know .. i thought it looked pretty decent. Such a good cast.
You could say the same thing about the cast for the last one too. How did that work out?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did Poppins trailer received badly? Either way, negativity can be a good PR.
Poppins was more a case of indifference, old franchise and the new movie didn't exactly light the world on fire. Aladdin just outright seems to have some negative word of mouth right out of the gate, though true, the negativity might give it more attention.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I honestly don't remember seeing anything for this movie. I dunno, I saw quite a few 2017 and 2018 films.

I could be wrong and just have forgotten I saw it. But if it was promoted as much as you say it was, I feel like I would have remembered it?

Maybe my theater just didn't attach it to the films I did see. No idea.

It got delayed a LOT, I think the movie didn't come out until the trailers had been running for at least a year lol

Maybe you just got lucky and missed it

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The film did take a potshot or two at "men" the most obvious being
the scanner analyzes Fury and says "human male, threat level low"
but the correct response to that is to laugh (like all the guys in my theater did) and not go on a Twitter rage.
That's what you took away from that scene? The gag isn't about men, but rather...

How serious they were taking the damn cat 😆 That's the gag. They scan kitty and their sensor is telling them it's a dangerous creature. They scan the human, and he doesn't even register as a threat. But because we the viewers don't know that Goose isn't just a cute little cat, it's hilarious how they're so afraid of him.

Dlacy13g

Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
Was able to catch Captain Marvel on Sunday and I was quite pleased with the film. I think its good and possibly even upper third on the Marvel Superhero movie scale. Brie was a good choice for that lead role imo and for the most part I felt the movie moved at a good pace with some nice twists. There was a small moment of "ughh" for me where I think the writing got a little lazy but over all I left with a really good impression. . Went to a 10:20 am showing and the theater was pretty full so not shocked to see it doing well at the box office.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Love seeing all the thumbnails of "captain marvel, the mcu's first failure. Even aside it being a huge BO hit, it's a revision that all of the sudden now everyone loved ironman 2 and 3, or thor 2, or incredible hulk.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That's what you took away from that scene? The gag isn't about men, but rather...

How serious they were taking the damn cat 😆 That's the gag. They scan kitty and their sensor is telling them it's a dangerous creature. They scan the human, and he doesn't even register as a threat. But because we the viewers don't know that Goose isn't just a cute little cat, it's hilarious how they're so afraid of him.
(If I'm recalling correctly) They didn't specify Goose's sex (which a quick Google confirms as female so Goose isn't from a genderless species or whatever) but made it a point to mention Fury's as male. So while I agree that the first gag was how powerful Goose was, there's a second gag there about men, which is fine because it was funny.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Gotta point how absolutely absurd the idea of the antifeminist alt-right dudes getting behind Alita is.

Her crew at the end of ZOTT tournament arc in Battle Angel Alita: Last Order includes a black woman who looks like she'd fit right in with Dora Milaje and an android who is basically a female-to-male trans person.
latest

Oh and this after Alita herself gets crazy empowered, humiliates two male figures of power (one of whom is basically evil scientist Joker turned up to eleven, thus would probably be a GamerGator's favorite Alita character by default), completely erasing any moment of weakness she had up to that point and carries herself like the cockiest motherfucker around.

Those guys wanna pretend they are into this media? Like in a parallel universe where this movie was a big success and the adaptations got to this point, they wouldn't be blowing a gasket?

I call bullshit, they are just just using shit as a shield.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta point how absolutely absurd the idea of the antifeminist alt-right dudes getting behind Alita is.

Her crew at the end of ZOTT tournament arc in Battle Angel Alita: Last Order includes a black woman who looks like she'd fit right in with Dora Milaje and an android who is basically a female-to-male trans person.
latest

Oh and this after Alita herself gets crazy empowered, humiliates two male figures of power (one whom is basically evil scientist Joker turned up to eleven, thus would probably be a GamerGator's favorite Alita character by default), completely erasing any moment of weakness she had up to that point and carries herself like the cockiest motherfucker around.

Those guys wanna pretend they are into this media? Like in a parallel universe where this movie was a big success and the adaptations got to this point, they wouldn't blowing a gasket?

I haven't seen the movie or read the manga but it's pretty unfortunate that the movie gets associated with shitbags, even at a minor level.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dat feel when Cat video Fest has a higher theater average than Alita. Must've been the Goose bump.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

latest

Oh and this after Alita herself gets crazy empowered, humiliates two male figures of power (one of whom is basically evil scientist Joker turned up to eleven, thus would probably be a GamerGator's favorite Alita character by default), completely erasing any moment of weakness she had up to that point and carries herself like the cockiest motherfucker around.

Those guys wanna pretend they are into this media? Like in a parallel universe where this movie was a big success and the adaptations got to this point, they wouldn't be blowing a gasket?

Don't forget what happens to this PoS
latest

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. Though I should have went and paid full price when I went to see Allegiant, perhaps we would have had a sequel. I sometimes blame myself. Moment of silence please.

I pulled a matinee for Power Rangers and I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat sometimes because of it.

I remember a few years back they spent a ton of money to build an IMAX into my local theater and they had a massive free showing to promote it, with their choice of film being an advanced screening of Divergent.

I didn't bother to go then watched it online later.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
I pulled a matinee for Power Rangers and I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat sometimes because of it.

I remember a few years back they spent a ton of money to build an IMAX into my local theater and they had a massive free showing to promote it, with their choice of film being an advanced screening of Divergent.

I didn't bother to go then watched it online later.

How could you do that to Shay

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

latest

Don't mention this to everyone writing it off and/or rooting against it because 2 dozen Alt Righters tried to use it as a prop against Captain Marvel. It must burn now! It's born sexy yesterday (lol) it's anti feminist!

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no hope for that movie because I saw X-Men: Apocalypse and it's the same creative team as that so yeahhh

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I have no hope for that movie because I saw X-Men: Apocalypse and it's the same creative team as that so yeahhh

It's not though.

The one person who arguably had some talent got himself fired and they promoted the guy who wrote xXx: State of the Union to the throne.

Though the rumour is Kinberg ghost-directed most of Apocalypse (and Fant4stic) so hey maybe it will be even worse!

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not though.

The one person who arguably had some talent got himself fired and they promoted the guy who wrote xXx: State of the Union to the throne.

Though the rumour is Kinberg ghost-directed most of Apocalypse (and Fant4stic) so hey maybe it will be even worse!
That's what I'm referring to. He also wrote Apocalypse, as well.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess the #Alitachallenge was a failure? Sucks cause I have heard the movie is better than its being reviewed but I guess the alt-rights predicition of no one watching Captain Marvel was.....hilariously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.