• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Right as seeya is banned. Coincidence ?
giphy.gif

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
How are the holds for CM looking so far? When can we start getting an idea of what kind of legs it will have?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Huh....Captive State got a favourable review from IGN, even calling it director's best --- and he directed Rise Of the Planet of the Apes.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at those weekend estimates, Five Feet Apart won't only *not* bomb, it'll be a modest success compared to its budget.

Also looking at those numbers, Captive State may still bomb relative to its budget, low as it is.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder Park sounds like a joy behind the scenes.
  • $100M budget for a movie that appears to be a backdoor pilot for a future tv show first, movie second.
  • Original director fired for sexual misconduct. Three others (one with no experience in animation) took over, but no one will be credited as director. This may be a first.
  • Jeffrey Tambor originally had a part but was replaced with Max from Armageddon. In the UK the role is voiced by former Doctor Tom Baker.

The reason it's not getting any director credited is that even though the original director was fired, he had directed the majority of the film by the time he was let go. Even though others were brought in to finish the job, they weren't able to film enough to take the directing credit away from the previous director. Hence the decision to list no director at all. Films with no credited directors reportedly has happened before; but it is a rarity in the industry nonetheless.

Needless to say, I don't think that TV show is happening at all (or get further than one season if they still produce it, anyway). It's going to be another Paraflop Pictures release and another misfire from their animation division after gracing the world with Monster Trucks from early 2017.

EDIT: And it's another misfire as well for Ilion Animation Studios as well in the Hollywood industry, they were responsible for Planet 51 from ten years ago.

Last edited:

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Endgame will break OW domestic, Int and WW.
Endgame will become the second highest overall gross behind Avatar.
Endgame will miss Star Wars domestic total.

I'll judge Captain Marvel after the second weekend, but the film could end up with very bad legs.
Maybe an end of life boost during Endgame release will happen.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA

I'll judge Captain Marvel after the second weekend, but the film could end up with very bad legs.
Infinity War's worldwide total barely beat Avatar's international gross.
And Endgame would need a $100m increase worldwide to go past Titanic.
Could it do it? Maybe. But I wouldn't bet on it.
I do think the OW number though. The question is by how much. And can it beat Force Awakens Thursday preview numbers.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
???What gives you any indication of that???
The DoD drops and theater average.
But so far everything is just very early indicators. Need to wait for second weekend numbers.

Infinity War's worldwide total barely beat Avatar's international gross.
And Endgame would need a $100m increase worldwide to go past Titanic.
Could it do it? Maybe. But I wouldn't bet on it.
I do think the OW number though. The question is by how much. And can it beat Force Awakens Thursday preview numbers.
For me Endgame has anything going for it.
People who want to see Captain Marvel in Avengers.
People who want to know how IW continues.

Those who didn't want to watch Captain Marvel because of the "not made for you" controversy would still watch this movie.
People who went to Marvel because they finally feel represented would watch the Avengers now.
China is still growing and this movie comes after a hugely successful IW and a good Captain Marvel there.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I think CM will have legs just for the lack of competition and the people who weren't excited but feel they should get around to it before Endgame.

To clarify, it's not that it doesn't have excitement around it-- but it has those two additional factors to boost if further.

Last edited:

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The DoD drops and theater average.
But so far everything is just very early indicators. Need to wait for second weekend numbers.

All the numbers we got over the week has shown good to great legs for CM. It seems like you want the movie to do bad and are ignoring anything that says otherwise.

Zygnosis

Banned
Dec 1, 2017

Yeah, Endgame will be gigantic after the James Gunn goodwill stunt Disney pulled. Apparently he was already hired few months ago. They just wanted to boost their public image just before Endgame. People love Gunn, Endgame's going to break things.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Endgame will be gigantic after the James Gunn goodwill stunt Disney pulled. Apparently he was already hired few months ago. They just wanted to boost their public image just before Endgame. People love Gunn, Endgame's going to break things.

The actual reason seems to be he was about to start the press tour for Brightburn and they wanted to get it out before that, but the goodwill from the firing certainly alleviates some people who planned on "boycotting" I suppose.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Wonder Park sounds like a joy behind the scenes.
  • $100M budget for a movie that appears to be a backdoor pilot for a future tv show first, movie second.
  • Original director fired for sexual misconduct. Three others (one with no experience in animation) took over, but no one will be credited as director. This may be a first.
  • Jeffrey Tambor originally had a part but was replaced with Max from Armageddon. In the UK the role is voiced by former Doctor Tom Baker.
Top Gun: Maverick can't come soon enough for Paramount.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
Quick Update: According to Deadline, Wonder Park is projected to open between $20-22M! #Blessed #Blockbuster #SlayvenReedemed

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Internet community hyperbole almost never ever translates into box office money.

And before you say Solo, there were a dozen other things wrong with that movie's release strategy.

Last edited:

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think CM will have legs just for the lack of competition and the people who weren't excited but feel they should get around to it before Endgame.

To clarify, it's not that it doesn't have excitement around it-- but it has those two additional factors to boost if further.

Pretty bad concern trolling there bud

Looks like CM beasting to a 19+ million Friday and 72+ million weekend to an amazing sub 55% drop.

If this holds I wonder if Cpt. Marvel will break a billy... kwis input?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, Zach right? Who kept having the avatar with him wearing the infinity gaunlet anyway?

Is he still on here or did he leave?
self requested ban because of the "toxicity" on this site
this was almost immediately after smearing shit on the walls and calling out members for their toxicity for defending themselves from his garbage

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
self requested ban because of the "toxicity" on this site
this was almost immediately after smearing shit on the walls and calling out members for their toxicity for defending themselves from his garbage

Eh. He did bring a good amount of it on himself, but some of the dog piling was unwarranted. The whole situation was messy.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that counting CM and Endgame the last 4 of 5 marvel films will have made over a billion dollars! Jesus Christ....

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Box Office: 'Shazam' Eyes $40 Million-Plus Opening Weekend

https://variety.com/2019/film/box-o...ce-opening-weekend-early-tracking-1203162051/
Warner Bros.' "Shazam" could grow to as much as $40 million in ticket sales when it hits North American theaters on April 5, early tracking suggests.

Early tracking, however this part:

"Shazam" comes on the heels of "Aquaman," the studio's aquatic adventure that rocked the box office with a massive $1.14 billion worldwide. "Shazam" doesn't need to reach those heights to become a hit. It carries a $80 million production budget, before accounting for marketing and distribution, less than half of what it cost to make "Aquaman."

The only part they overdo the budget was in their 1 million for costumes :v

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I had zero industry awareness in 2009, so I have no idea if this falls in line with what I've said or the opposite of what I've said lol

I just know Pilgrim fell on its ass in the end
I was more referencing how people on the old board were freaking out about the movie and how it was going to be this monster hit. Then it came and went like a fart in the wind. I don't know if that was what your original post was about or if I misinterpreted. If I did, apologies.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was more referencing how people on the old board were freaking out about the movie and how it was going to be this monster hit. Then it came and went like a fart in the wind. I don't know if that was what your original post was about or if I misinterpreted. If I did, apologies.
What did most people there at those times thought about Michael Cera as the lead?

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.