• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Never seen anything quite like the way YouTube specifically latched onto the extreme hatred towards Brie / CM

The hilarious thing though is the box office is crushing, further proving these people are their own very insular group the larger world doesnt agree with
Terabytes and terabytes of nothing.....amazing

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I made the mistake of typing in captin marvel box office on YouTube. Just wow.

In my related or recommended videos I seem to get heaps of those shitty videos coming up. Like half the videos are of things I'm interested in and the other half are trash captain marvel hate videos.

Not sure why they're being pushed by YouTube so much.

Oct 25, 2017
In my related or recommended videos I seem to get heaps of those shitty videos coming up. Like half the videos are of things I'm interested in and the other half are trash captain marvel hate videos.

Not sure why they're being pushed by YouTube so much.

Anytime I'm browsing YT. Either that shitty "TLJ is a cinematic failure" pops up every so often or some trash as marvel/Disney video does.

Half the time I think the people who make those videos are grifters. They know these vids get hundreds of thousands of views so they just make them and just say dumb shit.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Never seen anything quite like the way YouTube specifically latched onto the extreme hatred towards Brie / CM

The hilarious thing though is the box office is crushing, further proving these people are their own very insular group the larger world doesnt agree with
WW and BP took it, but Brie specifically called them out. Hence why they are going harder on her.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Why feel bad about a few idiots? Kamala Khan will be a thing!
Incels, misogynists, and Islamophobes:

"Another female super hero?!"

tenor.gif

"And she's both brown and Muslim?!"

tenor.gif

"It made over a billion at the box office?!"

giphy.gif

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

I think many of the people attacking Larson and the movie ended up believing that they have way more power and influence that they actually do because of the Last Jedi situation. That movie was divisive among fans (I personally hated it) because of Rian Johnson's many controversial writing decisions and these people wrongly thought that their own agenda was being vindicated and adopted by the general population. So when Captain Marvel comes out and makes a ton of money because people very much enjoyed the movie, it shows that very few people actually pay attention to them.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No MCU movie has seen a 60% drop.
Civil War was the biggest, with 59.6%, though Age of Ultron and Iron Man 2 followed closely with 59.4%.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, yeah you're right.
I thought Civil War had the biggest drop, so I didn't really check others after it.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
55% drop is pretty damn amazing. It actually got competition the next three weeks, bit Capt is counting fat stacks.

Speaking of the competition, I'm leaning towards Dumbo being a stinker. I've barely seen anything for it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

They'll take it a mile if you give people enough of an inch. It feels like only yesterday I used to see a bunch of "Spider-Man Homecoming is an SJW movie" with clickbait thumbnails in my recommended feeds because... I guess they had a diverse cast in a high school setting movie? Feels like we're gonna hear about Captain Marvel for a longer while though because they've been emboldened by some of the bigger YT critics.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
55% drop is pretty damn amazing. It actually got competition the next three weeks, bit Capt is counting fat stacks.

Speaking of the competition, I'm leaning towards Dumbo being a stinker. I've barely seen anything for it.
Early impressions for Dumbo are actually pretty good. I think the movie will do well.

Aladdin still feels like a wildcard to me tbh.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I said genre on purpose, and more generally highly anticipated blockbusters of all sorts are often that frontloaded.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So do we have weekend numbers? Where are people getting the percentage dropped from?
Extrapolating from the Friday estimate. e.g Deadline had the following estimate going into the weekend; a $19M Friday resulting in a $69.7M (-55%) 3 day weekend. The "official" Friday estimate came in at $19.3M so slightly better than Deadline's indicating that the 3 day drop looks about right.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Is CM still on track to 1 Billion? We really need that billion for manbabies to cry even harder.
They'll claim everyone gets a billion now so it's no big deal. I've learned is these people will never admit they're wrong.

Also it's not even only men. I've seen women make videos against Captain Marvel. So weird how loud people can be against something and not even make a dent. Carol who's generally unknown to most is likely to get a billy in her origin movie with no Iron Man, Cap, Thor or Hulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.