• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What if he got displaced in time and got back to WW2 without the serum. He gives up the Captain America title but can live in peace with Peggy. Happy ending and no more Captain America.
Peggy had a life after Cap. She got married. It would be unfair to the character to fuck that up just so Steve can get what he wants. The way the character's been written, does that seem like a decision he would make?

The point in time, around phase 2 and beginning of phase 3 when people were whining about Marvel not having stakes cause they didnt kill off their characters was annoying and dumb. But now we've come full circle and, apparently, characters should never die in a story?

Character deaths is still a valuable tool of storytelling. I was against it happening in the middle of their decade-long storyline, but now we're at the end. It's as good a time as any.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else disappointed we haven't used the Korean train from Age of Ultron?

AP-24304_R.jpg

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
$2.8 billy is such a stretch goal. Like $2 billion alone is a marathon, that extra $800 million really needs a movie to be a global phenomenon.

I think Endgame will definitely beat TFA and Titanic. I hope it beats Avatar but I need to get a handle of the audience reception to it before I can really say either way.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
$2.8 billy is such a stretch goal. Like $2 billion alone is a marathon, that extra $800 million really needs a movie to be a global phenomenon.

I think Endgame will definitely beat TFA and Titanic. I hope it beats Avatar but I need to get a handle of the audience reception to it before I can really say either way.

Yeah it's crazy. You gotta do the already insane feat of $2b and then do a run that any (non superhero) movie these days would kill to get ($800b). If any movie anytime soon has a chance to do it, it's Endgame. Under 50% odds imo but it has the potential.

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Late thread again this week because of easter and everything, but the main event will be on time.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Everyone in china loves pikachu. Girls especially go nuts for him. I'd bet the movie will do pretty well here, as long as there isn't too much story. Chinese moviegoers want action.
Hmm interesting. Well, the trailers have shown at least a few action scenes, so hopefully it delivers in that regard.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Harry Potter and The Cursed Child is nowhere near as big as Endgame

Ya'll are crazy
Yea as an old Potter fan, I'm really soured on the franchise after the seventh book/movie. I don't care for the Cursed Child, I haven't even read it.

I guess there are people who still care, but I don't believe the hype is as big as it once was.

Fantastic Beasts 2 by all accounts is a pretty bad movie, but still made nearly $500M overseas. The last actual Harry Potter movie made nearly a billion dollars overseas. WB nailing all aspects of a Cursed Child adaptation would bring back a large number of the old fans, and bring in a lot of new ones. It'd basically be the Wizarding World version of The Force Awakens.

Also, generally speaking, part of when I talk about nailing it means that it's a Cursed Child adaptation like Civil War is an adaptation of that comic book story. It would take the basic premise of the actual book (the children of the old gang get into their own shenanigans) and spin something interesting out of it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"When he doesn't do it" very much implies it's never happened. His stans* being called out for thinking he's infallible is correct, and we'll continue to correctly do so

*I don't usually engage with his stans because of the frequent reality denial, so don't expect me to belabor the point further with you in particular

THE VOID has been civil with you, but here you acting like a pop-gaf reject. Grow up. Is this what the box office threads are becoming in this forum?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic Beasts 2 by all accounts is a pretty bad movie, but still made nearly $500M overseas. The last actual Harry Potter movie made nearly a billion dollars overseas. WB nailing all aspects of a Cursed Child adaptation would bring back a large number of the old fans, and bring in a lot of new ones. It'd basically be the Wizarding World version of The Force Awakens.

Also, generally speaking, part of when I talk about nailing it means that it's a Cursed Child adaptation like Civil War is an adaptation of that comic book story. It would take the basic premise of the actual book (the children of the old gang get into their own shenanigans) and spin something interesting out of it.

Most HP fans seem to hate the story of cursed child but love the stage production. Making a movie of it would ruin the best thing about it.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No matter how well endgame does, nothing will surpass the holy shit quotient of Black Panthers run for me personally.

I still can't fathom it a year later