• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
ALL ABOARD!
avengers_hype_train.jpg
Fuck it, I'm jumping on.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i'm hopping on the billy train too.
haven't done any research but anectodal evidence says this is the most hyped opening in my lifetime.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to hop on the train--if it doesn't open to a billy that's fine but I want to be included in something, damn it

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame is going to have a gargantuan opening, but it'll be way too front-loaded to threaten Avatar.

It may well take down Titanic, but I don't see it going further than that.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They'll wait for after endgame, I thought that was obvious ?
That has always been their way. Give a little taste before the current movie, then go full bore after the current one is released. Noticed how much shit we gotten since Captain marvel has released?

Nov 1, 2017
Consistently surprised Ad Astra's release date hasn't been pushed yet. Supposed to come out next month and we've heard absolutely nothing.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017

Endgame might break the highest grossing single territory opening weekend record twice in one weekend.

Missing Link.

I just watched the trailer again. I think it showed at the beginning of us. Id seen it before but completely forgot about it. It just didnt look like a good movie and i love stop motion stuff.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just watched the trailer again. I think it showed at the beginning of us. Id seen it before but completely forgot about it. It just didnt look like a good movie and i love stop motion stuff.
For a moment I thought you were talking about Endgame before reading the last three words of your post.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Second pass done!
Anyone I missed will be grabbed on the next pass. I might need a bigger train though.
avengers_hype_train.jpg
Choo choo motherfuckers

Also, the cinema I go to here in Uruguay is doing on average 17 showings per day from Thursday to Sunday for Endgame, which is pretty much at capacity for them. They didn't do something like that even for the F&F movies (the current OW champions), which is crazy.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Missing Link was barely advertised it seems. Forgot it was coming out this weekend until only a few days before.

Stop-motion is always a tough sell for audiences, but I think the marketing team dropped the ball as well.
Trailer for it played all three times I went to see Captain Marvel.

The trailer didn't make it look really good. Playing "The male presenting hominid is named 'Susan'" as a joke probably didn't help much, but overall there was none of the artistry that made Kubo so interesting to look at.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in Portugal, in a small town in fact, and my ticket is for wednesday at 9pm. that is wednesday the 24th. I assumed it would be for midnight as usual (which would technically be the 25th), but that one is sold out, so they went ahead and added a 9pm one also, because thursday onward was all sold out...

I'm not sure thats even legal, the movie doesnt open until the 25th in europe as far as I know lol.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm in Portugal, in a small town in fact, and my ticket is for wednesday at 9pm. that is wednesday the 24th. I assumed it would be for midnight as usual (which would technically be the 25th), but that one is sold out, so they went ahead and added a 9pm one also, because thursday onward was all sold out...

I'm not sure thats even legal, the movie doesnt open until the 25th in europe as far as I know lol.

The UK is 25th, but I understand the film opens on 24th in some other parts of Europe.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Can endgame beat Avatar yes? But one is the conclusion to an epic saga of movies, the other was a brand new IP. That being said, if end game just tramples all over Avatar it doesn't really matter either way

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to drink the Kool-Aid and think Endgame might be the film to finally surpass Avatar

The ticket sales its putting up basically in every single region are mind blowing. Much larger than anything I ever imagined, even after how well recieved Infinity War was

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame ain't passing Avatar and that's a fact!

Y'all gonna look likee fools when it doesn't even come close.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to drink the Kool-Aid and think Endgame might be the film to finally surpass Avatar
I can't imagine that happening unless there is something about Endgame that makes people want to re-watch it again and again. Otherwise it simply won't have the legs for it.