• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I personally want Endgame to take the crown because it's a better movie than Avatar. Which is far from a bad movie on its own. I love Camerons movies... but Avatar is probably one of his weakest. Still good though.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, they're at maximum insufferablity in spite of that fact.
Also for those of you who do not think Star Wars fans are the worst of them all...I give you this buring trash fire of a thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo...-will-be-from-d-d.116880/page-2#post-20765732

I'll again quite a recent Simpsons episode. Lisa, talking about Comic Book Guy: "His favorite thing is Star Wars, and he hates Star Wars."

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also for those of you who do not think Star Wars fans are the worst of them all...I give you this buring trash fire of a thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo...-will-be-from-d-d.116880/page-2#post-20765732
Star Wars fans who hate Star Wars and won't shut up about how much they hate Star Wars while still insisting they are the actual real fanbase are the most annoying people on the planet.

Thank God for the sane Star Wars community thread on this forum.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am just riding this shit out. I accepted the fact that it will most likely fall, but there is still that glimmer of hope.
GBtM.gif

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fury Road is the greatest action film of all time and easily the best time I've ever had in a theater. I would pay 50 bucks to see it again.

TheHunter thanks, it's so nice to have the SW OT in hangouts, discussing almost anywhere else on ERA is just fucking exhausting.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When do theatres typically release showtimes for the weekend?
Depends on the movie and theater and if a movie will have advance tickets on sale etc.

If it's a big movie (such as Endgame) it could be up to a month before release date. If it's a regular movie sometimes it's 2-3 days before release, at least with AMC it is. For instance, I was able to purchase Godzilla tickets 2-3 days ago and that comes out May 31st (with previews beginning May 30th) but I cannot buy Brightburn tickets just yet and that releases May 24th.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see it in theaters as I was busy but I rented it, watched it 3 times; and rerented it for another week.

It was that perfect of a film.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fury Road is the greatest action film of all time and easily the best time I've ever had in a theater. I would pay 50 bucks to see it again.

TheHunter thanks, it's so nice to have the SW OT in hangouts, discussing almost anywhere else on ERA is just fucking exhausting.
"Did you know TLJ murdered my food, stole my childhood and raped my pet?"

"True story by the way I hate Rose but not because of racism or anything."

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

John Wick 3's action is better than Fury Road. There, I said it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
John Wick 1 was fun but kinda boring for me after a while. I can't imagine anything in that universe being classified as anywhere near Fury Road's action/direction/set pieces.

Unless it's completely different from the first film

Fury Road's action is just unlike anything I've ever seen or experienced. I've seen a John Wick action film a billion times before.

Not to mention the way the action is connected to all of the characters and the emotional resonance that comes with it.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Fury Road story (emotion, etc.) > John Wick 3
Fury Road action < John Wick 3 action

Fury Road is more unique, I think, and probably still should be considered the better all-around movie, but John Wick 3's action is just incredible. The movie oozes action from top to bottom. Gratuitous violence on gratuitous violence on gratuitous violence. I can't say enough times how good the action is.

Forget Raid 1 & 2 action. Forget Fury Road action. John Wick 3 is the action king now. You'll see.

Nicole, :o

Just when I thought my hype couldn't get higher.

It is an absolute treat to watch. Enjoy it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I mean,

that all depends on how you value your action. If it's completely disconnected from the characters, and 100% pure action, no one cares about anything but the bloodlust, if that's the metric I guess I'm kinda out of the conversation at that point.

You have to connect the action with the characters to make it meaningful, for me anyway. Which is why I was bored after about 20 or 30 minutes during JW1.
Or the fact that she was a CGI creation as well.
Can't believe they blew part of their budget on it when the end product didn't even feel like a real person.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean,

that all depends on how you value your action. If it's completely disconnected from the characters, and 100% pure action, no one cares about anything but the bloodlust, if that's the metric I guess I'm kinda out of the conversation at that point.

You have to connect the action with the characters to make it meaningful, for me anyway. Which is why I was bored after about 20 or 30 minutes during JW1.

Can't believe they blew part of their budget on it when the end product didn't even feel like a real person.

The Avatar problem.

The action is well shot, and awesome to watch and look at but I don't care about the characters or what happens to them; although Jhon Wick is saved because the main character is liked and his story is nice. It's everyone else that sucks.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The Avatar problem.

The action is well shot, and awesome to watch and look at but I don't care about the characters or what happens to them.
I'm actually gunna go against the grain on this a little and say that I thought the action in Avatar was pretty well connected well with its characters. I'm probably a minority there though, I thought it was engaging, even if a little silly at times.

But it's definitely not a shining example of how it's done.

I didn't connect to JW at all in the first film. I was utterly bored by the end and overwhelmed by action I didn't care about.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually gunna go against the grain on this a little and say that I thought the action in Avatar was connected well with its characters. I'm probably a minority there though, I thought it was engaging, even if a little silly at times.

But it's definitely not a shining example of how it's done.

I didn't connect to JW at all in the first film. I was utterly bored by the end and overwhelmed by action I didn't care about.
I mean, in the sense that there was plot relevence and the it drove character growth yes; but the central problem is the movie failed to get you to care about alot of them. Which is to me, Cameron's mistake not the actors. The woman that played Ripley should not be acting like she's just reading from a book and giving you a C tier performance.

Avatar's issue is the script. John Wicks issue is the characters are all disposable and not given any time to grow outside of John Wick.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

But Surfinn. What about last Jedi. Did you see how that movie ruined my head Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.