• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
...Nobody said WHEN Endgame had to hit 3 billion
This train keeps going until the re-release
D6FxsJEU8AAy0U4

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Saying that you're eager for the MCU to adapt the X-Men more faithfully than the Fox movies did seems like setting yourself up for disappointment.
I don't expect them to be 100% faithful, but it honestly isn't that hard to be more faithful than the Fox X-Men movies were. Imo I don't really see a reality where the X-men are less faithful than they were in the Fox movies, but we'll see in good time

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame might have more than the entire rest of the box office just eyeballing that list

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'd say under 400M WW would count. I think that's what will happen, too.
Late-reply but when I think a "bomb", I think of something that loses a large amount of money. To me, for it to be a bomb it would have to make less than 350m (if we go off the reported 200M budget) whereas anything between 350-400 WW would be just a disappointment. Idk, I really think China is going to save this movie similar to Venom.

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I never was taken out of experience by rocket or thanos. I never thought them like cg while i was watching. Same with all planet of the apes movie ( newnonce) In avatar all i can think of plastic skins and cg.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Late-reply but when I think a "bomb", I think of something that loses a large amount of money. To me, for it to be a bomb it would have to make less than 350m (if we go off the reported 200M budget) whereas anything between 350-400 WW would be just a disappointment. Idk, I really think China is going to save this movie similar to Venom.

I should't use the word "bomb" since it's so loaded. Let's just say that I think people are going to talk about how bad the BO performance was for a while. I really think that the stink of the last movie plus knowing the world involved is over will kill it.

Oct 27, 2017
The theater I was in yesterday has officially started using the scene from Dark Phoenix where
Jean is about to kill Mystique
as their gag "please turn off your phones scene, edited to the terrible drama gets interrupted by a phone going off.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I should't use the word "bomb" since it's so loaded. Let's just say that I think people are going to talk about how bad the BO performance was for a while. I really think that the stink of the last movie plus knowing the world involved is over will kill it.
Gotcha, it's certainly going to be interesting. For all its faults, i'm going to miss this version of the X-men since it was my first real introduction to superheroes as a kid.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Gotcha, it's certainly going to be interesting. For all its faults, i'm going to miss this version of the X-men since it was my first real introduction to superheroes as a kid.

I was an X-Men fan since my tweens and when these movies hit, even with flaws, I was over the moon. X1 was so-so, but X2 remains one of my favorite superhero movies.

Some of the movies have been absolutely horrible, but there have also been great ones. I will certainly miss this world. I personally don't think the benefits of being in the MCU universe outweigh the benefits of being off on their own. But I cannot argue that Marvel Studios will hold them to a higher standard of quality.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was an X-Men fan since my tweens and when these movies hit, even with flaws, I was over the moon. X1 was so-so, but X2 remains one of my favorite superhero movies.

Some of the movies have been absolutely horrible, but there have also been great ones. I will certainly miss this world. I personally don't think the benefits of being in the MCU universe outweigh the benefits of being off on their own. But I cannot argue that Marvel Studios will hold them to a higher standard of quality.

I missed the train on responding to this tangent, but I agree with this and your last few posts. I do wish we had gotten that X—23 follow up, Gambit, Alpha Flight, etc. It's a shame because we very likely won't if not for a long time, and not in the tones that Fox might have done. Obviously the overall quality of the films will go up as a result.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Mendelson is confirming the Endgame numbers:

Walt Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Endgame, which for the record is one of the biggest movies of all time (an important caveat when discussing the minutia of its grosses), earned around $5.723 million yesterday. That's a decent-enough jump of 22% from its $4.7 million Monday and a drop of 54% from last Tuesday. That's actually below the $6.258 million "third Tuesday" or "day 19" gross of Black Panther and the $6.009 million day-19/third Tuesday gross of Avengers: Infinity War.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...-man-thor-black-panther-ant-man/#6d119b9e2ccf

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, if Endgame misses TFA domestic and Avatar worldwide, I wonder when those two will be beat? Maybe Avengers 5, in a few years?

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
I remember thinking that releasing John Wick 3 in May was a mistake. Good to see I was wrong.
Speaking of UNTITLED MUSICAL EVENT, did anyone end up snagging the rights to the theatrical Hamilton release?
Don't think any studio has it yet. But Warner Bros is adapting Miranda's other musical In The Heights next year so I'm assuming they'd be the front runners for Hamilton if it's a success.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Oh wow I was not expecting numbers like this for John Wick 3. That's quite a great box-office trajectory this series has had.
I was not a fan of where they went with 2 in terms of story as I preferred the simplicity of the original but I'm happy to see that people are excited for a new Keanu Reeves action movie in 2019. There's something comforting about that, lol.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was being optimistic for JW3 at $40m as I was expecting it to land between $30m-$40m. Tracking for $55m is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.