• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Just as well, the franchise ultimately peaked at JP1 (it's pretty much just a question of which sequels are the least bad ones).

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I should really get around to watching JW 1 and 2.
The first movie is largely a familiar premise of "bad guys mess with the wrong person, man seeks revenge" in the mold of Man of Fire, Man From Nowhere, Taken, etc, but with subtle world-building, amazing choreography and stuntwork/action direction, tons of style, and a self-aware tone.

The sequel fully embraces that world-building and does an action movie plot couched in its own unique heightened reality. It's kind of like a Raid vs Raid 2 situation, except the first movie actually has the hints of a larger world beyond the relatively simple and small-scale revenge plot.

It's actually pretty impressive because John Wick was intended to be a one-and-done, they didn't have plans for a sequel, but the world-building in the first movie is so good that the sequel feels like a natural escalation and expansion.

Last edited:

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Canceled my John Wick 3 Dolby ticket for Thursday so I could see Endgame in a real IMAX theater, will probably be my last chance (didn't know John Wick 3 was getting IMAX screens)

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Box office era is 100% serious about seeing Endgame multiple times to beat Avatar. Some people have been buying up tickets on Fandango just to support it.
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Saw Endgame twice and that's enough for me. Love the film, but yeah I'm not sitting a third time for 3 whole hours. Planning to see Hellboy later this week and John Wick when it premieres here (in 2 weeks I think).

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hearing nothing but good things about JW3. SweetNicole has said some.. positive things about the film that one might classify as OUTLANDISH, so.. maybe it's time to give it another chance if
the action is better than Fury Road

Oct 25, 2017
With Endgame being as long as it is, I can't imagine seeing it more than once in the theater. I was pretty forgiving of its length since it needed to wrap up multiple character arcs and it moved at a pretty brisk pace.

TRUTH: Perfect movie length is 90min - 2 hours.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have never seen a movie in theaters more than once, never seen the point. I'll watch EG again when it hits Blu Ray

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure, but why are Endgames legs being considered bad?

I'd expect it to fall faster... it's already past Infinity Wars total, and will likely be passed 770milly by this weekend. Starting that high the descent was always likely to be steeper than the norm wasn't it?

Oct 25, 2017
I generally don't join the prediction game since the last time I did it was "NSMBU alone will get WiiU to 20 million units first year!"

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I'm not sure, but why are Endgames legs being considered bad?

I'd expect it to fall faster... it's already past Infinity Wars total, and will likely be passed 770milly by this weekend. Starting that high the descent was always likely to be steeper than the norm wasn't it?
It's legs are fine, some people expect it to have legs similar to movies that opened to smaller numbers but thats wishful thinking. The next movie that opens to over $350m, we'll have something to compare its legs to.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Box office era is 100% serious about seeing Endgame multiple times to beat Avatar. Some people have been buying up tickets on Fandango just to support it.
Where were those people when BR2049 was in the cinemas?
I get it when you want to see a movie multiple times to help secure a sequel or more movies in that cinematic universe, but for Marvel movies that was already a given.

Christ, I also wish people would rather buy tickets for Detective Pikachu.
I need more movies in that world!

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly with movies hitting bluray in like 2-3 months after release I usually don't bother seeing the same movie in theaters more than once.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Where were those people when BR2049 was in the cinemas?
I get it when you want to see a movie multiple times to help secure a sequel or more movies in that cinematic universe, but for Marvel movies that was already a given.

Christ, I also wish people would rather buy tickets for Detective Pikachu.
I need more movies in that world!

The goal is to beat that shitty Avatar movie. Whatever it takes.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly with movies hitting bluray in like 2-3 months after release I usually don't bother seeing the same movie in theaters more than once.
Wish Sweden was still so fortunate. Had to wait five months for us to get Spider-Verse, I regretted not seeing that twice. Endgame is the only MCU movie other than Iron Man 3 and Homecoming that I saw more than once, and the latter two were just because I had friends who wanted to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.