• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Wick 3 opening close to same OW as MI: Fallout is impressive. Even managed to pull in a slightly better per theater average than it too.
Impressive for the scrappy little series that struggled for financing on the first entry.

May 10, 2018
Depends how long it stays in theatres I guess. What are we thinking? Two more weeks? Four?
Endgame will be in theaters until early September if it's stays in theaters as long as Infinity War did.

Black Panther was in theaters for 25 weeks, Infinity War for 20 weeks. Captain Marvel came out in March and is still in theaters and will be so until probably end of June or early July.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
If Endgame keeps pace with IW, it has roughly $70m or so left domestic in the tank. That means international needs to pull the other $90ish m to pull it off.

infinity war made 234m WW from this point on... endgame is 165m behind avatar
Don't forget China launched later on IW. It came in at week 3 instead of week 1, so it doesn't line up exactly worldwide without some adjusting.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
This is going to be so close.
tenor.gif

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
If Endgame keeps pace with IW, it has roughly $70m or so left domestic in the tank. That means international needs to pull the other $90ish m to pull it off.

Don't forget China launched later on IW. It came in at week 3 instead of week 1, so it doesn't line up exactly worldwide without some adjusting.

Endgame gets memorial day weekend next week

less

Oct 25, 2017
Aladdin this Friday. Godzilla next Friday. And John Wick still swimming in the waters. Gonna be really interesting.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Should've made more! but I guess the previous ones didn't really lit the chart either

It still isn't in the level of say, MI, but that's a damn good showing for JW. Second one made around half of that OW.

JW3 budget was around 55mil. So they already made that back in a weekend.

Excellent result, tbf.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing. I have a feeling it will top Pikachu's opening weekend numbers domestically. Say it does 22fri 22sat 15sun that puts it at 57m for the weekend but I have a feeling it'll do better than that. All my local AMCs have been sold out with barely any front roll seats left.

I'm seeing it tomorrow night with my gf and probably again Mon or Tues with my brother. Can't wait!

I wish someone could give me a cookie ☹️

(My math was off but I still meant 57m 😅)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variet...ning-weekend-avengers-endgame-1203220235/amp/

Last edited:

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also Endgame is at $29.4m this weekend. A bigger drop than anticipated and bigger % drop than it's brethren Avenger movies. (Estimate)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So, let's say it's got 13 weeks left and needs to make up 170 million WW. Needs to average between 12 and 13 mil per week for 13 weeks. Very doable and perhaps...inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.