• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
What's her vulnerability then? Please do tell because I watched Endgame and Captain Marvel multiple times and I haven't seen it. At least kryptonite is Superman's weakness. Carol has none so far, at least in the MCU.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I hope they flesh that out and show some of that, but so far she's Superman of the MCU. I'm obviously talking about power level.

She actually doesn't have any vulnerability related to her power.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
What's her vulnerability then? Please do tell because I watched Endgame and Captain Marvel multiple times and I haven't seen it. At least kryptonite is Superman's weakness. Carol has none so far, at least in the MCU.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I hope they flesh that out and show some of that, but so far she's Superman of the MCU. I'm obviously talking about power level.

Her weakness? Being as strong/stronger than her isn't enough?

Like Superman's one weakness isn't only Kryptonite. He's vulnerable to magic, his powers can fade under different suns, and other aliens like Brainiac, Mongul, Darkseid, New God's etc can harm him. I imagine Carol will be the same, they'll have her fight alien races who are naturally as strong as her. Like I strongly doubt she'd be one shot in Gladiator from the Shi'iar.

It's the same way they got around Thor being an absurdly powered God. In the first two Avengers films nothing is a challenge for him, in the third one he gets the crap beat out of him by Thanos.

And re the above, she is pretty much Marvel's Superman. Not a one for one power wise, but come on... her introductory shot in Endgame is the most Superman thing ever. She's a visual representation of hope.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

Her weakness is alcohol.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
There are plenty of ways to take CM's story and "weakness". If they want to humble her, they can similar to Thor. They can introduce some one who she can't toe to toe with. Personally, for CM2 I'd play up on what was mentioned in Endgame as her reasoning for not being there. The universe is a big place, she can't be everywhere at once.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Carol's human weaknesses are many. She's impatient, over-confident, prone to addiction (yes, drinking too much), she's too aggressive, she believes she can punch her way to success regardless of the complicated political issues at the core of something, and so on.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Jungle Book almost hit a billion so I can see 1.5 for Lion King. Of the crazy predictions I've seen in here, Pikachu a billion, Godzilla 800m, Lion King 2b, the Lion King one seems the most probable but I think it's a stretch.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think LK will even hit close to 2 bil... but there is also nothing else before or after for kids. Once Upon a Time and F&F come out after, but it has a completely clean run for a family flick.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nail bitters...a fitting way to finish the race to number 1.

Next up will be biggest bomba of 2019.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck at Missing Link. Laika's biggest bomb by far yet. Basically has no chance of ever recouping its investment, no matter what. Too bad because apparently it was decent. I don't understand what possessed Laika to almost double their usual budget for this one.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Fuck at Missing Link. Laika's biggest bomb by far yet. Basically has no chance of ever recouping its investment, no matter what. Too bad because apparently it was decent. I don't understand what possessed Laika to almost double their usual budget for this one.
Shame too, because the movie was really great. I was honestly not expecting a chase sequence similar to the hallway fight from Inception in the film.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever was in charge of distribution on that one really cut its legs out from under it by also making it a Netflix Canada release the same day as its opening. There's been a 1080p torrent floating around since Thursday night.

Don't blame us, some other backwater country leaked that. We have to go and pay for it at the theater like anyone else.

Unless you're talking about the new McG movie, in which case then yeah that's up.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

I know some think this makes Avatar safe with the highest grossing film of all time record. I think the exact opposite. This makes me confident that Endgame is indeed topping Avatar. Infinity War made $143m after the Memorial Weekend, Endgame would need roughly 71% of that to top Avatar. Yes, Infinity War still had China, but that's $22m out of that total. It will be mighty close, but it's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.