• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Both IM3 and Thor were enjoyed by the GA. There was no divisiveness on those movies at release time. The divisiveness came afterwards even on GAF when the minority on Thor 2 would bring it up in every thread, to the point it became a meme leading to people joining the hate train.

But at the time of release people were way less down on either movie than the current Star Wars.

However if you only live in NeoGAF/ERA then yes you will think that.

Iron Man 3 was divisive as soon as it came out and it is divisive outside of Era/GAF. That's just not true.

But either way, you missed my entire point.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I swear I brought up Thor 2 in the BvS RT thread and it took off after that.

Crowning achievement.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No... No... No... I don't want Rose's death to be off-screen. I want that shit to be on-screen. I want Rian to see his creation die in front of him on opening day. Then I want JJ to walk up to him after the scene, and stare him down to tell him "Mistake erased".
j7tXeo9.gif

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm hearing that Solo is likely to lose so much money that it's actually possible Disney will lose all of its profits from both TLJ and Rogue One? Is that just online bluster, or is that a legit possibility? Wouldn't this make this an unprecedented disaster in Box Office history?

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how anyone is going to a movie when it's so nice outside. I'm from MN though and I understand that the rest of the country doesn't only have 6 mos out of the year to not be freezing your ass off.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Then what is it about? Please enlighten me.
From what I've seen, it's about YouTube personalities that have no real history/love for the pop-culture pieces they're covering, but know that the fanbase for them means lots of clicks and insta-fame on YouTube. They're generally mocking the surface-level regurgitation soundbytes that passes for discourse these days, as opposed to any real engagement with the property.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm hearing that Solo is likely to lose so much money that it's actually possible Disney will lose all of its profits from both TLJ and Rogue One? Is that just online bluster, or is that a legit possibility? Wouldn't this make this an unprecedented disaster in Box Office history?
According to Kswis' breakdown, it'll lose around $115m, so no it won't lose them their profits from Rogue One and TLJ.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm curious if they won't put it on Netflix to try and recoup on brs.

tino

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Negatively characterizing diversity efforts + a pattern of sexist commentary, long history of infractions.
That Rose quote, if it's not copy pasta from somewhere else, is a genuine ERA meme.

And I kind of agree with that sentiment. I hate how Disney cast an pretty homely looking Asian to do token representation.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
From what I've seen, it's about YouTube personalities that have no real history/love for the pop-culture pieces they're covering, but know that the fanbase for them means lots of clicks and insta-fame on YouTube. They're generally mocking the surface-level regurgitation soundbytes that passes for discourse these days, as opposed to any real engagement with the property.

And also pandering to studios for freebies and access.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

No and No.

Disney alone is littered with similar box office flops. See also: John Carter, Lone Ranger, and Tomorrowland.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Then why would he claim nerd crew videos hit too close to home for the other poster? Has he said anything about enjoying fanboy vodcasts?

Some people who identify too much with the kind of person who'd host that kind of show and therefor ruthlessly skewered by TNC. The kind who swear fealty to a corporation or brand and mindlessly consume anything with the name on it.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Rose quote, if it's not copy pasta from somewhere else, is a genuine ERA meme.

And I kind of agree with that sentiment. I hate how Disney cast an pretty homely looking Asian to do token representation.

Ehh, don't really need to bring looks into it. It's actually a good thing when we get actors that don't look like supermodels.

Deleted member 17810

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No... No... No... I don't want Rose's death to be off-screen. I want that shit to be on-screen. I want Rian to see his creation die in front of him on opening day. Then I want JJ to walk up to him after the scene, and stare him down to tell him "Mistake erased".

That's a pretty gross reaction to a movie character... this is honestly one step away from "I hope that bitch dies"...

De Amigo

Dec 19, 2017
Because what does all of that say about the fans of those shows?

Some people who identify too much with the kind of person who'd host that kind of show and therefor ruthlessly skewered by TNC. The kind who swear fealty to a corporation or brand and mindlessly consume anything with the name on it.
So did he imply at all he was this type of person in his posts or are y'all just assuming?

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
You either stay long enough for the BO thread to devolve into TLJ venom, or derail it hard enough to see yourself become the quoted shitposter.

That's what I can be.

The combined Worldwide total of Infinity War and Solo won't reach Avatar, will it? Stay losing, Disney.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Kelly Marie is not at all an unattractive person, Rian just decided to make her look that way on film.

He's clearly taking notes from Bioware

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
You either stay long enough for the BO thread to devolve into TLJ venom, or derail it hard enough to see yourself become the quoted shitposter.

That's what I can be.

The combined Worldwide total of Infinity War and Solo won't reach Avatar, will it? Stay losing, Disney.
You trying to come for berzeli 's spot? You'd better not miss.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm part of the problem. I have no interest in seeing SW our Marvel movies in a theater when they come to Netflix so quickly. It also doesn't help that I haven't liked a SW movie since Empire. I'd rather support a movie like Hearts Beat Loud in the theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.