• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Wkd Box Office - 5•25-27•18 - $103M 4-day for Solo. Second weekend trending towards >65% drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
That Rose quote, if it's not copy pasta from somewhere else, is a genuine ERA meme.

And I kind of agree with that sentiment. I hate how Disney cast an pretty homely looking Asian to do token representation.
good lord

so not only are y'all STILL SOMEHOW TALKING ABOUT THE LAST JEDI, we're doing THIS now?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm part of the problem. I have no interest in seeing SW our Marvel movies in a theater when they come to Netflix so quickly. It also doesn't help that I haven't liked a SW movie since Empire. I'd rather support a movie like Hearts Beat Loud in the theater.
Seems to me like you're not part of the problem at all. Supporting smaller movies in theaters, that's great! :)

Oct 25, 2017
The Finn/Rose romance was fine in the context of TLJ itself, but I'm still disappointed they didn't go with the obvious power couple from TFA:
Finn & Poe

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sculli is suffering from Cameron withdrawal. Quick, someone put in Terminator 2.
Cameron in my hometown at the moment. He gave a talk where he criticized the sexualisation of Ripley stripping down to her undies in Alien.

I'm surprised Indiewire or HuffPo haven't created a headline about it yet.

Well you won’t have that much longer, all Disney is leaving Netflix after this year.
Not quite. While there was some confusion in the initial reporting, Iger clarified that the current deal still covers all 2016-2018 theatrical releases from Disney, and that those films will continue to be available on Netflix for a while longer even after the Disney streaming service launches.

Given a ~5-6-month theater->Netflix window, this presumably means that new Disney movies will continue to debut on Netflix well into next year.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): antagonizing posters consistently over movie opinions, ignoring modposts
I don't know why people are getting on me for wanting JJ to off Rose. To me death is a way bigger honor, than being written off in an anti-climactic way like Jar-Jar was.

Let me ask you people. Would you rather be written off by being "promoted", or would you rather end up in the Watchmojo.com top 10 list for best Star Wars character deaths? I know I want to be there with Porkins in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.