• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
The box office thread needs a hero

And July 20, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is gonna give them one to be proud of

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
what_have_you_done_face_by_peteypiranha128-d3pbwit.jpg
I have done what is necessary.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
China have been saving their Star Wars bucks for Avatar 2.

Cameron is going to be the one to create the shift so big that China becomes the new domestic box office and US becomes counted as foreign BO.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people are getting on me for wanting JJ to off Rose. To me death is a way bigger honor, than being written off in an anti-climactic way like Jar-Jar was.

Let me ask you people. Would you rather be written off by being "promoted", or would you rather end up in the Watchmojo.com top 10 list for best Star Wars character deaths? I know I want to be there with Porkins in the top 5.

I'd rather her stay in the main cast than vindictively kill her to please some bitter fanboys.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Two issues about Rose:

-She's annoying

-Love interest felt forced, especially at the end with her

It made sense: she is a nerd/sort of a nobody that meets one of the "heroes" and get to spend time with him. He also helps her do stuff that she wanting to do, while basically taking here in an adventure that makes her one of the heroes.

If you add all that up of course she is going to have a crush on him and of course he is not into it and he is all weirded out by her kiss.

He is not in love with her, but it makes sense that she feel like that: She have a crush that leads her to kiss him.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't know why people are getting on me for wanting JJ to off Rose. To me death is a way bigger honor, than being written off in an anti-climactic way like Jar-Jar was.

Let me ask you people. Would you rather be written off by being "promoted", or would you rather end up in the Watchmojo.com top 10 list for best Star Wars character deaths? I know I want to be there with Porkins in the top 5.
Dude...fuck off.
You started out saying you wanted them to fridge Rose so you could get your precious Rey/Finn ship.

You're just another stupid fan upset you didnt get your headcannon fulfilled. Y'all are the fucking worst, I swear.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
China have been saving their Star Wars bucks for Avatar 2.

Cameron is going to be the one to create the shift so big that China becomes the new domestic box office and US becomes counted as foreign BO.

That's not what domestic means, and no that's never going to happen. If Avatar 2 makes $500M in the US and $500M in China the studio will pocket a much larger share of the US gross due to China's laws about foreign films.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People complaining about Rose shows me that I can't possibly understand the hate for TLJ, it's like people watched an entirely different movie. Loved Rose.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody think Solo will have the legs to hold onto the top spot next week? I have this feeling Deadpool will take it back.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
People complaining about Rose shows me that I can't possibly understand the hate for TLJ, it's like people watched an entirely different movie. Loved Rose.

Rose is a victim of bad writing in an awful subplot that leads them absolutely nowhere. That's where the hate comes from. You could put any character in her shoes and he or she would receive the same reaction. Canto Bight + forced romance after flying her ship into Finn's (which could have killed them both) was a mistake. Not sure how they thought it was a good idea.

I don't think she should be "killed off", but I do think TLJ suffers from too many characters syndrome.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I want you to watch Brian Stokes Mitchell sing Through Heaven's Eyes from The Prince of Egypt, then keep trying to shitpost about TLJ.

It's not possible. Look at this magnificent, jolly motherfucker. Even the choir love him.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I already have my Incredibles 2 tickets booked for opening night, so I'm doing my part toward posting Brad Bird's Disney jail bail.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking over the last decade or so of movies that bombed, it's really surprising how much less of a loss they turned out being than I remembered... even something like John Carter.

*edited to actually make sense, less of a loss, not "profitable".

Last edited:

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck did John Carter have that marketing budget, and have one of the worst marketing campaigns ever. It felt like a smear campaign, paid for by the studio releasing it.

Just an all around failure of marketing.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017

You could have used a more appropriate example in
Admiral Ackbar

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Titanic shipping? What the fuck is going on in here?
A higher quality of discourse.

How the fuck did John Carter have that marketing budget, and have one of the worst marketing campaigns ever. It felt like a smear campaign, paid for by the studio releasing it.

Just an all around failure of marketing.

Marketing people are often idiots, they're the ones that came with the John Carter name change probably.

Never forget.

191430_195749243788873_170700836293714_553713_2329810_o.jpg

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I want you to watch Brian Stokes Mitchell sing Through Heaven's Eyes from The Prince of Egypt, then keep trying to shitpost about TLJ.

It's not possible. Look at this magnificent, jolly motherfucker. Even the choir love him.

I don't how this became a discussion of TPoE, but I endorse this post.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rose is a victim of bad writing in an awful subplot that leads them absolutely nowhere. That's where the hate comes from. You could put any character in her shoes and he or she would receive the same reaction. Canto Bight + forced romance after flying her ship into Finn's (which could have killed them both) was a mistake. Not sure how they thought it was a good idea.

I don't think she should be "killed off", but I do think TLJ suffers from too many characters syndrome.

The subplot led to Rose finding someone again in Finn after losing her sister.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I remember at the time that it was said the of Mars was removed from John Carter due to the performance of Mars Needs Moms. Some Einstein made the mental connection that the word Mars must be the reason audiences didn't go to see it.

These people make good money, I should point out.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember at the time that it was said the of Mars was removed from John Carter due to the performance of Mars Needs Moms. Some Einstein made the mental connection that the word Mars must be the reason audiences didn't go to see it.

These people make good money, I should point out.

There isn't many jobs that I'd trust random internet assholes to do over actual Hollywood professionals, but this is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.