• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
That Rose quote, if it's not copy pasta from somewhere else, is a genuine ERA meme.

And I kind of agree with that sentiment. I hate how Disney cast an pretty homely looking Asian to do token representation.
good lord

so not only are y'all STILL SOMEHOW TALKING ABOUT THE LAST JEDI, we're doing THIS now?

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I thought Rose was a great character.

I for one, really bought the relationship between her and Jack.
A6kgq.gif

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm part of the problem. I have no interest in seeing SW our Marvel movies in a theater when they come to Netflix so quickly. It also doesn't help that I haven't liked a SW movie since Empire. I'd rather support a movie like Hearts Beat Loud in the theater.

Seems to me like you're not part of the problem at all. Supporting smaller movies in theaters, that's great! :)

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Rose is innocent, blame RJ for his writing.

Dude should only be directing other people's scripts.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Finn/Rose romance was fine in the context of TLJ itself, but I'm still disappointed they didn't go with the obvious power couple from TFA:
Finn & Poe

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can understand not wanting to ship Rose as the love interest and instead wanting to focus on the bromance between Jack and Fabrizio.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Give me a DJ movie. I need more than 2 hours of Del Toro stuttering his way out of trouble.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Well you won't have that much longer, all Disney is leaving Netflix after this year.

Not quite. While there was some confusion in the initial reporting, Iger clarified that the current deal still covers all 2016-2018 theatrical releases from Disney, and that those films will continue to be available on Netflix for a while longer even after the Disney streaming service launches.

Given a ~5-6-month theater->Netflix window, this presumably means that new Disney movies will continue to debut on Netflix well into next year.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's try re-rerailing this thread:

So, which is your favorite Marvel film: Iron Man 3 or Thor 2: The Dark World?

Oct 30, 2017
The problem with the ship was it ran out of fuel, and still kept moving, albeit a slower pace......

Wait are we talking about Titanic or TLJ?

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for somebody to splice scenes of Thanos and Scarlet Witch from Spike Lee's Oldboy remake into Infinity War.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): antagonizing posters consistently over movie opinions, ignoring modposts
I don't know why people are getting on me for wanting JJ to off Rose. To me death is a way bigger honor, than being written off in an anti-climactic way like Jar-Jar was.

Let me ask you people. Would you rather be written off by being "promoted", or would you rather end up in the Watchmojo.com top 10 list for best Star Wars character deaths? I know I want to be there with Porkins in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.