• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Start praying for re-release 2, because Avatar still has this
tumblr_n8rm85xDRu1r9je2ro6_400.gif

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter means nothing. Messages boards mean nothing. Highly online nerds mean nothing.

General Audience doesn't care about the stuff we rant about.

This is just further proof of how little influence hardcore fans have over boxoffice runs.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
This Endgame push is kinda pathetic.

Eh. CM got a bump from having been in theaters right before Endgame, they had reason to assume Endgame might have gotten a bump right before Spider-Man

Still did get a bump, $5.5mil domestic this weekend compared to not even a full $2mil last weekend isn't nothing, but yeah, more distance between this and the original release could have helped

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. CM got a bump from having been in theaters right before Endgame, they had reason to assume Endgame might have gotten a bump right before Spider-Man

Still did get a bump, $5.5mil domestic this weekend compared to not even a full $2mil last weekend isn't nothing, but yeah, more distance between this and the original release could have helped

CM was a new movie with a new character vs Endgame which is Infinity War Part 2, I don't think they're totally comparable.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

They also could have done more than put some DVD extras on at the end of the credits.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The only reason this got a bump was because they expanded it to 2,025 theaters up from 985 and marketed as "see Endgame one last time before it leaves theaters" with some saying "let's get this to #1" along with a whiles supplies last poster and Blu-Ray extras at the after credits.

If it remained at 985 theaters that bump would have been minimal and disregarded even more so than this weekend's numbers.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Even if Endgame passed Avatar, I'm 99.9% positive Avatar will be re-released before Avatar 2-12 drops in 2030.. It'll probably make another $100 million if they release it in IMAX again... I don't remember the story but it did look fantastic in IMAX...

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They also could have done more than put some DVD extras on at the end of the credits.
Exactly. You don't serve lukewarm Tostinos pizza and then lament that the neighborhood didn't turn out for your feast. If they wanted audiences to assemble then they should have provided an actual reason for them to do so.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Alright so are we done here?

Let's get to debt paying. I've been excited for this for a month now. Even though I am one of the losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.