• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I don't even know if I want to use my A-List until Far From Home TBH
Maybe I'll see Rocketman, or Dark Phoenix, maybe I'll just stay home and watch E3 streams, IDK

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
It's the same reason I haven't posted much in this weeks thread. I expected an open and welcoming community but what i've seen so far has been exactly the opposite. Which is a shame because I actually have been enjoying following the box office these last few weeks/months.

Some of the posters just wait for imaging Mahvel stan's meltdown to laugh at them even when someone new to this topic just asks question. The problem is I dont see any legion of delusional marvel stans they keep talking about all the time, people moves on or not care that much after 2 week. You could make fun of Zatt but Im affraid he in bargaining or acceptance phase right now.
This smug gatekeeping asshole attitudes always happen in close community.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder if Dark Phoenix will even reach 300m WW.
tumblr_naizuvh5of1qbvqikuz.gif

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Failure isn't judged by what random people on forums predict a movie will do.

DP was not a failure.

Some of you guys really need to realize there is a middle ground between "huge success" and "failure."

I saw this post quoted and thought that you were talking about Dark Phoenix at first. Too many DP films.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw Dark Phoenix for the 2nd and final time last night with my brother and we both came to a realization. If Hans Zimmer didn't score the movie we wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as we did.

It was epic music back to back and we were like wtf 🤣 I had told him that it was Hans and he was like "dude no fucking way!" "No wonder I feel engaged" lmfaoo

I feel the movie would have been rated worse if Zimmer wasn't involved honestly.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking there's a large amount of Avatar stans on here.

Now imagine thinking those (non existent) Avatar stans are worse than Marvel stans.

Imagine living that life.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
No joke. Alita will actually fall into the black once it hits home video. It's pretty much there already. But it's gonna squeeze a profit.

Disney will be able to buy a round a coffees with the profits from Alita.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to make the argument that Avatar stans (that are barely a thing on this forum) are worse than MCU stans after that thread about Cameron congratulating Marvel for sinking Titanic's record.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question for those who have seen Godzilla King of the Monsters:

Is it really worse than the 2014 Godzilla? Because that movie was such a disappointment for me. Did people not go see the sequel because they got burned with the 2014 one or is King of the Monsters seriously somehow worse? Because the 2014 movie had utterly boring human characters and there was barely any Godzilla.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
All I said was that the Avatar stans would be just as insufferable as I thought they would be.

Never said there was a bunch of you. Matter of fact, last time I said they could be even more insufferable cause there isn't that many. So far, y'all are proving my point.

Still waiting to see these delusional marvel stans y'all keep bringing up that are somehow worse.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
All I said was that the Avatar stans would be just as insufferable as I thought they would be.

Never said there was a bunch of you. Matter of fact, last time I said they could be even more insufferable cause there isn't that many. So far, y'all are proving my point.

Still waiting to see these delusional marvel stans y'all keep bringing up that are somehow worse.
As has already been mentioned, most people poking fun at MCU's legs aren't even fans of Avatar.

Apparently I'm the biggest Avatar stan on here. I'd love for people to point out my overwhelming insufferability with with regard to Endgame's legs failing. I think I posted one image poking fun and quoted some hypocrite's words back at him when he was contradicting himself to save face.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
As has already been mentioned, most people poking fun at MCU's legs aren't even fans of Avatar.

Apparently I'm the biggest Avatar stan on here. I'd love for people to point out my overwhelming insufferability with with regard to Endgame's legs failing. I think I posted one image poking fun and quoted some hypocrite's words back at him when he was contradicting himself to save face.
I get that. I'll say what I said before. Some people are poking fun and that's fine, but there's some real asses here too. If you don't feel that applies to you then it probably doesn't.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I need proof that there is an actual Avatar stan on here, because I'm honestly not sure one exists. Using data and logic to shut down pie in the sky Endgame beating Avatar posts after reality said otherwise weeks ago doesn't make someone an Avatar stan.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I get that. I'll say what I said before. Some people are poking fun and that's fine, but there's some real asses here too. If you don't feel that applies to you then it probably doesn't.
People would rather be defensive over your comment than perhaps use it as a chance for some introspection. As it is, this community is not a very welcoming and sometimes downright toxic.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People would rather be defensive over your comment than perhaps use it as a chance for some introspection. As it is, this community is not a very welcoming and sometimes downright toxic.

I mean you guys were the ones who started calling people Avatar stans because they disagree with you so............

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Did people not go see the sequel because they got burned with the 2014 one or is King of the Monsters seriously somehow worse?

Honestly, it's probably both. There's rarely ever just one reason a film doesn't succeed, and with this on pace to do at best half of what 2014 did domestically it stands out as more likely that there were numerous reasons for that

Obviously some just don't like kaiju (the MonsterVerse has an established ceiling, no matter how good or liked it is it can't reach $600mil worldwide, and this will cement that further. Hopefully people adjust expectations for Vs Kong now);
Some got burned out by 2014;
Some who loved 2014 weren't intrigued by the trailers/hype to go through with it;
Opening weekend CinemaScore was the exact same for both films. So people who liked the first tended to feel the same about this, but that also means people who left the first unsatisfied tended to feel the same about this. Which meant word of mouth was nowhere near enough to prevent it from sinking Friday to Friday;
And even on weekdays this plummeted to fucking orbit. This got nearly $20mil opening day counting Thursday night premieres...and then had one day where it even reached $6mil after its opening weekend. That just doesn't happen if even a lot of people who were real excited to see this left satisfied and recommended it to others

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol please quote where I ever said anyone was an avatar stan. Have you even read any of my replies?
Big reason why I started lurking more in this thread. It's tiring hearing the same "Marvel fans are the worst", when that shit ain't even close to being true. It losing the box office battle doesn't really bother me that much, it was a great run, but the Avatar stans are just as fucking insufferable as I thought they would be.
It's the same reason I haven't posted much in this weeks thread. I expected an open and welcoming community but what i've seen so far has been exactly the opposite. Which is a shame because I actually have been enjoying following the box office these last few weeks/months.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I need proof that there is an actual Avatar stan on here, because I'm honestly not sure one exists. Using data and logic to shut down pie in the sky Endgame beating Avatar posts when reality hit weeks ago doesn't make someone an Avatar stan.
Read the previous box office threads or Avatar vs Endgame bet thread. If you don't see any stans, I'd be surprised. Something something cookie cutter factory line Marvel movies, something something James Cameron
It does seem as if people would rather make snide remarks than actual conversation.
I mean you guys were the ones who started calling people Avatar stans because they disagree with you so............
I said that. Quote me. Deception didn't use the word

Disagree? About what? Avatar stans?Avatar will most likely stay #1. Once again, all I said is Avatar stans were insufferable. You took that to mean you. So...yeah.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, I never called anyone an avatar stan.
Dude you literally quoted a person who's entire post was complaining that "all these Avatar stans are fucking insufferable" and in your reply you said that was same reason you haven't posted much.

Don't give me that "I technically didn't say that" BS, we all know what you meant.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Dude you literally quoted a person who's entire post was complaining that "all these Avatar stans are fucking insufferable" and in your reply you said that was same reason you haven't posted much.

Don't give me that "I technically didn't say that" BS, we all know what you meant.
You seem perturbed. Why come at him with that energy when I'm right here? I'm sure this is helping him feel real welcome
Zatt has giving up. No Endgame daily updates or debates anymore.
He's probably busy. He'll see it through to the end. Out of misguided hope or a sense of obligation, only Zatt can say for sure

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Question for those who have seen Godzilla King of the Monsters:

Is it really worse than the 2014 Godzilla? Because that movie was such a disappointment for me.
G'14 has its issues, but the worst that can be said about is it has a problem over cooking its slow burn

KoTM is almost objectively fucking terrible. The performers are all either phoning it in or annoying, the cutaways from the action are even more frequent, and the attempts at humor are wretched

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

If you read the context of my post I was agreeing with the lurking part. Which you only reenforcing that decision trying to come at me when my entire point is about toxicity. Honestly doesnt matter I'll just continue to lurk ✌🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.