• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Way, way ahead of you.

I've lost count of how many elton albums i own.

My man. Hunting down old LPs over the last few years has been fun but nice to have it done. Or at least the ones I care about.
Can we talk about how well Aladdin is doing ?

It's had amazing holds.
It has been holding really really well. I expect that to continue this weekend. Question is will Toy Story cut it off fast. But it is nice to see something overperform.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
PhoncipleBone

Its not just the studio albums. I own a bunch of live albums. I own stuff like Rare Masters. I own that album he did with Leon Russel. The album he did with Pnau. The Road to el dorado album. His Duets album. A few greatest hits albums.

I also own a bunch of songs not on albums of his, like his duet with tony bennet, his duet with aretha franklin or his collaboration with Queen.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus I totally forgot we had a battle angel movie release this year

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Men in black seems like a franchise that should be bigger than it is.

For its time the series is honestly bigger than I think a lot of people might realize.

Grossing $589 million globally in 1997 was no joke and $441 million in 2002 as what many consider a disappointing sequel ain't nothing. And then the series came back from a decade-long hiatus to the tune of $624 million.

For the record, no one seems to realize that the 3rd is not only the best in the series but a downright fantastic movie regardless. I was shocked at how good it was when I caught it with a rental.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Think everything tanking this week bolds well for MIB

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
For its time the series is honestly bigger than I think a lot of people might realize.

Grossing $589 million globally in 1997 was no joke and $441 million in 2002 as what many consider a disappointing sequel ain't nothing. And then the series came back from a decade-long hiatus to the tune of $624 million.

For the record, no one seems to realize that the 3rd is not only the best in the series but a downright fantastic movie regardless. I was shocked at how good it was when I caught it with a rental.
And the Cartoon had one of the most fucked up villains I ever seen. Alpha the first MIB agent, who use to cut off parts of aliens and graph them on to himself

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i loved men in black but by the time the sequel arrived I had no desire to watch it. same for mib3. this new mib looks so unappealing to me.

(I did enjoy the men in black cartoon, though)

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wait WHAT! The third one made that much! I thought it did bad for some reason. Now I'm wondering what took them so long to make another one.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
PhoncipleBone

Its not just the studio albums. I own a bunch of live albums. I own stuff like Rare Masters. I own that album he did with Leon Russel. The album he did with Pnau. The Road to el dorado album. His Duets album. A few greatest hits albums.

I also own a bunch of songs not on albums of his, like his duet with tony bennet, his duet with aretha franklin or his collaboration with Queen.
Been meaning to listen to his last few albums. Friend said they are more in line with his experimental/prog stylings from early 70s which really interests me.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
Been meaning to listen to his last few albums. Friend said they are more in line with his experimental/prog stylings from early 70s which really interests me.

The Diving Board is a bit too dour for my tastes but wonderful crazy night has a few neat songs. Him and Bernie recently confirmed that they will be doing at least one more album and that on the same day he wrote his duet with Taron Egerton (seen in the end credits of Rocketman) he wrote a new song for the lion king remake but he didn't say for who, likely Beyonce.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
remember when Fox was planning a 150 million dollar Gambit movie? Slayven remembers

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take, I think DP wouldn't have done all that better without the Disney deal

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take, I think DP wouldn't have done all that better without the Disney deal
The Disney deal was an anchor that would have weighed down and sunk anything less than an exceptional film

But there were several other factors that exist that would have led to a similar result, including completely checked out actors even before the deal (Lawrence, Fassbender), the retelling of a story that kneecapped the franchise previously with similar aesthetics to that film, and the fact that this franchise film series had completely bled away any recognizable faces, with Jackman and Stewart doing their farewells in a spinoff film

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
The Disney deal was an anchor that would have weighed down and sunk anything less than an exceptional film

But there were several other factors that exist that would have led to a similar result, including completely checked out actors even before the deal (Lawrence, Fassbender), the retelling of a story that kneecapped the franchise previously with similar aesthetics to that film, and the fact that this franchise film series had completely bled away any recognizable faces, with Jackman and Stewart doing their farewells in a spinoff film
If New Mutatns gets released in theaters, DP might look like a highlight. I bet by the end of summer we hear it si hitting Hulu or Disney +

OP
OP
OrangeAtlas

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when we were supposed to get three X-Men movies released in 2018 and instead got Deadpool 2 twice and the rest spread out over the next two years?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Tweeted this right after logging MIB: International on letterboxd
Man this movie is going to be unwatchable trash isn't it.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
I was bored and did some archaeological digging at BOT to see admission numbers for Endgame and Avatar worldwide. Seems like Avatar wins in Europe, Japan, Australia while Endgame wins in Latin Ameria and South East Asia. Has no idea about the US number. Roughly total number is a win for Endgame.
Avatar wins in mature markets while Endgame wins in developing markets. It will be interesting to watch Avatar 2 box office in the future.

PS: Booksmart is terrible. I will never believe this topic tittle again.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Aladdin continues its incredible run here in Australia. It had a 24% drop second week and a 16% drop this week. Toy story will eat isn't it's screens a bit but with school holidays coming from could see It having a long tail.

Rocketman deserves better, but it should make a profit in the end at least.

It will make a good profit. I also think international numbers will be strong in certain markets. Here in Australia it dropped just 23% in its second weekend.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, my local theater-down-the-street that only really shows the big films is showing Late Night! Gonna go see that!

or maybe MiB because of that Hemsworth/Thompson power combo

Status
Not open for further replies.