• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Just saw Dark Pheonix , I expected it to be terrible and it was still bad. I hope the next reboot goes down the Logan route with the tone, instead of bringing it to the MCU

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
All I said was that the Avatar stans would be just as insufferable as I thought they would be.

Never said there was a bunch of you. Matter of fact, last time I said they could be even more insufferable cause there isn't that many. So far, y'all are proving my point.

Still waiting to see these delusional marvel stans y'all keep bringing up that are somehow worse.

Just suggest that Civil War wasn't good and had plot and characterization issues. They'll come.

Oct 31, 2017
Dark Phoenix is a piece of crap.

Sansa Stark is a horrible actress and her british accent keeps coming out all the time. Matter of fact most of the characters are supposed to be americans, but half of the cast sounds british. The story sucks, but there were a few cool special effects I guess. I'm thinking how cool it'll be to have these characters in the MCU done right and maybe we can have a properly done Dark Phoenix saga trilogy in 10-15 years time. I don't regret watching the penultimate end of this trainwreck just for the clusterfuck of it. I will watch the final episode, New Mutants, on April 2020 for the same reason. On the plus side (spoiler just in case)

No Wolverine. That means we haven't seen the character in film for a couple of years. That may mean they will be okay introducing him early (meaning in 2-3 years) in the MCU as Hugh Jackman's portrayal of the character becomes a distant past.

And I want a Magneto movie at some point. Thanks.

Just saw Dark Pheonix , I expected it to be terrible and it was still bad. I hope the next reboot goes down the Logan route with the tone, instead of bringing it to the MCU

I'm hoping for both with a Marvel Knights/MAX label for R rated affairs.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Dark Phoenix is a piece of crap.

Sansa Stark is a horrible actress and her british accent keeps coming out all the time. Matter of fact most of the characters are supposed to be americans, but half of the cast sounds british. The story sucks, but there were a few cool special effects I guess. I'm thinking how cool it'll be to have these characters in the MCU done right and maybe we can have a properly done Dark Phoenix saga trilogy in 10-15 years time. I don't regret watching the penultimate end of this trainwreck just for the clusterfuck of it. I will watch the final episode, New Mutants, on April 2020 for the same reason. On the plus side (spoiler just in case)

No Wolverine. That means we haven't seen the character in film for a couple of years. That may mean they will be okay introducing him early (meaning in 2-3 years) in the MCU as Hugh Jackman's portrayal of the character becomes a distant past.

And I want a Magneto movie at some point. Thanks.

I've been posting here for almost two years. I don't remember reading AnotherDayAnotherDollar posting anything that didn't came out calm and collected ever since, and I did see him peacefully treading through some heated Disney - Fox arguments before. Dude seems livid in this post LMFAO. I will never watch Dark Phoenix, but at least it gave me good laughs like this one.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
Question for those who have seen Godzilla King of the Monsters:

Is it really worse than the 2014 Godzilla? Because that movie was such a disappointment for me. Did people not go see the sequel because they got burned with the 2014 one or is King of the Monsters seriously somehow worse? Because the 2014 movie had utterly boring human characters and there was barely any Godzilla.

it's worse in ways... and better in ways

again, there are (even more) boring human characters throughout, and the whole thing does feel transformers'y

on the flip side, the action is now how you want it, and there is plenty of spectacle

so in terms of filmmaking, and being a coherent piece, i'd give it to G14

but if you want big set piece chaos with plenty of monsters, then it's G19

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Question for those who have seen Godzilla King of the Monsters:

Is it really worse than the 2014 Godzilla? Because that movie was such a disappointment for me. Did people not go see the sequel because they got burned with the 2014 one or is King of the Monsters seriously somehow worse? Because the 2014 movie had utterly boring human characters and there was barely any Godzilla.

Really depends what you want. Personally I think it wasn't close to as good as 2014. Personally I enjoyed Godzilla 98 more than KOTM.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
ScSKNOR.png

At least they kept the budget in check.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been posting here for almost two years. I don't remember reading AnotherDayAnotherDollar posting anything that didn't came out calm and collected ever since, and I did see him peacefully treading through some heated Disney - Fox arguments before. Dude seems livid in this post LMFAO. I will never watch Dark Phoenix, but at least it gave me good laughs like this one.

I've posted some livid posts here before lol, but I'm pretty calm on this one. The movie is garbage though.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
MIB will probably do fine because something has to make money this weekend, right?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Summer is fine. Toy Story 4 is out next week and has great tracking numbers and early impressions from critics has been glowing.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Worst since 2016 for me.

Neon Demon
Conjuring 2
Purge: Election Year
Lights Out
Shin Godzilla technically

May through July had more films released that I saw and liked/loved, and had far less films that I saw and hated (I only really hated X-Men Apocalypse and Batman Killing Joke, Warcraft and Ghostbusters were meh). August was cancelled out because I despised Suicide Squad but La La Land remains one of my most-watched films even currently

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Neon Demon
Conjuring 2
Lights Out

May through July had more films released that I saw and liked/loved, and had far less films that I saw and hated (I only really hated X-Men Apocalypse and Batman Killing Joke, Warcraft and Ghostbusters were meh). August was cancelled out because I despised Suicide Squad but La La Land remains one of my most-watched films even currently
I meant it's going to be for the box office most likely unless it's Disney or a Fast and Furious movie. Quality varies, and 2016 wasn't that great in the summer for box office.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Neon Demon
Conjuring 2
Lights Out

You are slowly coming to the conclusion that Summer is the new January. The only difference is the budgets are bigger.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Disney will be back to save the summer. TS4 and The Lion King will kill everything. Far From Home (not a Disney film) still has some Disney DNA in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.