• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Hah. I thought about putting an asterisk to explain my thoughts about Elf.
I kinda like some parts of it actually. The sentimentality just didn't quite work on me and I'm usually an easy target for that type of stuff.
So yeah I'd that Chef is his only film that I liked from beginning to end.
200.gif

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised if Lion King got anything less than an 80%. I'm predicting somewhere around the 90%~

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France

Aine

May 27, 2019
People remember Zemeckis' animated films, right? Other than The Polar Express, I mean.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the Marvel thread, but figured I would post here since it's talked about it here every now and again:

Mod Edit: Content removed due to inappropriate source

Take it with a grain of salt as the author even mentions it's a rumor, but this video makes sense to me. It touches on the different aspects of the contract and - as one of 3 people in this forum who probably read the 2011 contract - they are spot on even if they skip over a couple of things.
Dude, please stop spreading this alt-right openly racist & sexist youtuber around this forum. Please. He has videos attacking SJWs, Feminism, Soy Boys, Forced Diversity...etc.

He is an alt-right piece of human trash and you linking him in various threads helps generate ad revenue for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Lol. I did not remember that Peter Dinklage was in that film.
Alright I concede, I give it +10 Demblant points.

It's now at 45/100.

I do.
Because I still listen to its incredible score.

Unless you mean the Christophe Lambert one.
Which I also remember. Because Christophe Lambert was in it.
You know I am just giving you shit, lol. And yeah, Dinklage's small scene is great.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The final sequence isn't great either. The big musical moments are probably the worst parts of that movie.

Never Had a Friend like me was actually pretty solid
They actually got inventive with the Genie visuals there. Best sequence in the movie. I thought the full Speechless scene was pretty solid, it felt like a modern music video but Naomi Scott has such a powerful voice it worked. Street Rat was the worst sequence in my opinion.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Disney should have just gone the route that Illumination went with the 2018 Grinch film and just made all of their new live-action films into animated CGI films.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The movie was always gonna review well.

The people complaining about the footage we've gotten are a very vocal minority. This movie is as close to a sure thing as it gets in Hollywood.
Looks like that's not true since it's not reviewing that well after all.

Though after Aladdin I'm taking these critics with a grain of salt. It's not worse than Thor Dark World lmao

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously I'm in the minority but even back in 2008 I had zero idea what it was that people saw in that film. Beyond RDJ of course.
Even only in phase 1, I enjoyed Captain America so much more.

I was mixed on IM1. The first two acts are pretty great, IMHO. Seeing Tony get out of the cave is exciting, and seeing him grow was novel at the time. But that third act is garbage and always was.

Basically, that's a problem with most Iron Man appearances in the MCU. Seeing him figure stuff out is great, seeing him fight stuff is really, really boring.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Oof, if word of mouth is as bad as these reviews are then I don't see it getting anywhere near $1.5B.
Hell, if it's really bad then it might not even top $1B!

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like that's not true since it's not reviewing that well after all.

Though after Aladdin I'm taking these critics with a grain of salt. It's not worse than Thor Dark World lmao

Damn.

Thought the floor for this thing was around 85%.

It'll still print money, but, yikes.

(The number of critics misapplying the term "uncanny valley" to a bunch of talking and singing animals is hilarious)

Status
Not open for further replies.