• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I have some very strong feelings about that Zatt rant but it's probably better that I don't say anything otherwise i'd be banned, but I just hope that those ITT who constantly dog-piled and bickered with him would take the time for some self-reflection and realize that this place is becoming just an unhealthy and toxic as the old place and no matter how you felt about him, pushing someone to that point is not ok.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have some very strong feelings about that Zatt rant but it's probably better that I don't say anything otherwise i'd be banned, but I just hope that those ITT who constantly dog-piled and bickered with him would take the time for some self-reflection and realize that this place is becoming just an unhealthy and toxic as the old place and no matter how you felt about him, pushing someone to that point is not ok.
Kind of agree but zatt was also extreme and kept pushing back and doubling down, even if after calming down he would summon the "I was just kidding/not taking it seriously" angle

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody pushed him. He jumped. It's not the first time he does this, and hiding behind the "I can't say my true feelings or lest I'd be unfairly banned" spiel is tiring.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Who could have guessed that the guy that vehemently claimed that James Gunn getting fired and him not getting GotG3 was more important than the #MeToo movement could be off the deep end?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't want to dip my foot too deeply into this pool but Zatt brought an overwhelming amount of that stuff onto himself. Myself and others multiple times have tried to explain to him why and how he brings some of those dog-piles onto himself by constantly double/tripling down on clearly awful takes, refusing to listen, arguing in bad faith, and so forth.

And doing things like trying to downplay the #MeToo movement, unironically think Chris Evans should run for President because he played Captain America, and comparing how he gets treated on a video game forum to sexist attacks at congresswomen probably isn't going to help.

Also, this is part of the Zatt cycle. He'd come into a thread, make bold and generally unfounded claims, people would question/call out his stuff, he'd double down and go full hyperbole usually derailing discussion in the process, people would continue to call him out for that, then he'd try to play the victim because nobody was buying into his fanboy crazed hyperbole, he'd vanish for a little bit, then return to his normal threads and repeat the process all over again. It's usually around the 'victim complex' stage of the cycle that he has near meltdowns that get him in trouble with the staff.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If people were dog piling him why weren't those people banned? Why was it only him causing disruption that would get him banned. He isn't innocent of anything and history has proved that with him. Not sure if I read the post correctly but it seemed like he just poured out his feelings because of a break-up while being drunk and then randomly stating that he doesn't care about BO in a politics thread. He acts the same way over at BOT as he does here.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Kind of agree but zatt was also extreme and kept pushing back and doubling down, even if after calming down he would summon the "I was just kidding/not taking it seriously" angle
Zatt did push things to the extreme but it also showed the extreme of which bullies and dogpiling can thrive on here. I've been a part of these threads for a couple of months now and I've seen first hand how toxic this place can become if unchecked.
Nobody pushed him. He jumped. It's not the first time he does this, and hiding behind the "I can't say my true feelings or lest I'd be unfairly banned" spiel is tiring.
C'mon now. This place was borderline cyber-bullying Zatt for just being the person he is. Sure, was that person sometimes too much? Yeah, but not everyone is the same and some people take this online stuff more seriously than others. It's unfortunate and I WISH AND PLEAD that people take the time to look at how they talk to people on here before someone actually hurts themselves.

Edit: That's all i'm going to say on that. I'm out of these threads for a while.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
If people were dog piling him why weren't those people banned? Why was it only him causing disruption that would get him banned. He isn't innocent of anything and history has proved that with him. Not sure if I read the post correctly but it seemed like he just poured out his feelings because of a break-up while being drunk and then randomly stating that he doesn't care about BO in a politics thread when he acts the same way over at BOT as he does here.

He has a habit of putting himself the center of attention.
And thats rant came out of nowhere in the US politic topic no less.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
So... moving on...

Classic theater is showing Monty Python and the Holy Grail tomorrow night. If I'm not pooped from the week I'll definitely see it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, this is part of the Zatt cycle. He'd come into a thread, make bold and generally unfounded claims, people would question/call out his stuff, he'd double down and go full hyperbole usually derailing discussion in the process, people would continue to call him out for that, then he'd try to play the victim because nobody was buying into his fanboy crazed hyperbole, he'd vanish for a little bit, then return to his normal threads and repeat the process all over again. It's usually around the 'victim complex' stage of the cycle that he has near meltdowns that get him in trouble with the staff.

I completely agree.

But at the same time I was reluctant to just straight up say all the things you're saying before his ban, because even though I agree, I didn't want to add onto the dogpile. It's just a weird scenario where I don't blame anyone whatsoever for being more than fed up with the "cycle", but at the same time I ultimately still felt some sympathy and didn't want to be a part of ostracizing someone who is clearly very prone to being intense as fuck. In a way, that sympathy is also part of the cycle. You know why everyone's annoyed af with him, yet I still ended up feeling bad.

Well, all that's left to say is that his ban felt inevitable. Hope he's fine and all, but...

It's time to move on.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Zatt did push things to the extreme but it also showed the extreme of which bullies and dogpiling can thrive on here. I've been a part of these threads for a couple of months now and I've seen first hand how toxic this place can become if unchecked.

C'mon now. This place was borderline cyber-bullying Zatt for just being the person he is. Sure, was that person sometimes too much? Yeah, but not everyone is the same and some people take this online stuff more seriously than others. It's unfortunate and I IWISH AND PLEAD that people take the time to look at how they talk to people on here before someone actually hurts themselves.
The person who needs self-reflection the most is Zatt. I get that you like the guy, but absolving him of all responsibility for this and downplaying his astoundingly toxic behaviour in order to bash the people who did not like him as much as you is not helping create a less toxic environment if that is your intent.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Yep. Some people were just obsessed with picking apart every single word in his posts.
Honestly, I did find Zatt super annoying. So I just never engaged with him. Everything would have been fine if people had slowed down a bit with deconstructing his posts and basically calling him the worst idiot in the world for pages and pages at a time.
And yes, Zatt was absolutely responsible for some of this shit, but still, people got WAY overboard with him.

Edit: oops, missed Schlorgan's post above while writing this.
Sorry, just wanted to say my piece, I'll gladly move on.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been waiting for this. Was only available for standard until now and I knew that couldn't be the case for this movie.
Yeah and they even cancelled 3D tickets nationwide and refunded people too. It's like they needed time to assess what time slots to give this in wake of Lion King after some time tracking it. It was advertised in Dolby/IMAX too so it was definitely only a matter of time otherwise I would have been pissed lol (especially for movie like this as you mentioned)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So Lion King, huh guys?
Yes, let's talk about that shitshow.

M2zf9cw.gif

z73SUUH.gif

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So Lion King, huh guys?
boxoffice pro gave up on even trying to get an estimate:
Our own internal models suggest a wide range of possible outcomes this weekend. Social media growth has excelled past that of recent family-driven animated films (including Toy Story 4 and Aladdin), while we're seeing reports of interest and intent metrics comparable to those of Incredibles 2 and Black Panther, suggesting a $175 – 200 million+ domestic launch is possible.

On the other end of the spectrum, however, pre-sales observations paint a slightly more conservative picture — relatively speaking. Trends on that side of pre-release analytics are pointing closer to a $150 – 175 million weekend range. This could come to fruition if pre-sales have been dominated by fans of the original 1994 film and Broadway musical than is typical of family movies, which often attract a big walk-up crowd not measured or accurately observed in most forms of tracking.

A $140-200+M range

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Lion King tonight, going in with low expectations like I did with Aladdin, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised like I was with that one. I didn't love Aladdin, but it was more enjoyable than I expected for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.