• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It looks cheap, like the fact they are on sound stages is super evident
It was low budget.

Diesel did a cameo in Tokyo drift for the rights to the franchise and then paid for a big chunk of the budget himself.

I think it's cool how passionate he is for the franchise and I do enjoy it in a B movie way. But risking it all for riddick films is probably not the smartest play but it worked out.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-verse did well, it just deserved more. And the year before that BR 2049 did a lot worse, but deserved a lot more. I haven't seen much this year so what's the 2019 equivalent?
Shazam and High Life

Winter Soldier Iron Man and 3 are pretty much better than aquaman in terms of visuals. Aquaman has terrible cgi creatures/bad art design
RemarkableNimbleImago-size_restricted.gif

no

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It was low budget.

Diesel did a cameo in Tokyo drift for the rights to the franchise and then paid for a big chunk of the budget himself.

I think it's cool how passionate he is for the franchise and I do enjoy it in a B movie way. But risking it all for riddick films is probably not the smartest play but it worked out.
What did he fund with the money from The Pacifier?

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Midsommar was fantastic. Yet its not a film I will ever recommend to anyone.

The feeling of awkwardness and bewilderment in the audience was palpable. I was loving it and the fact I could feel how much others in the audience were hating it somehow made it more enjoyable. I couldn't help but have a stupid grin on my face for like the last 30 minutes.

Anything Ari does is an automatic viewing for me. Hes 2/2.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I think the primary reason for shazam!'s under-performance was it's release date. I don't know why DC decided to release the movie in-between Captain Marvel and Endgame. Considering it was well liked by the critics (91% RT) and DC fans, it should have grossed more but both marvel movies had way more hype than shazam among general audience.

imo, DC should have delayed the movie to Christmas.

This is pretty much it. It's even set at Christmas.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Can we all agree The Goblet of Fire film adaptation is terrible

It removes a lot but it does not remove out enough and remove things that weren't essential like the Yule Ball which serves no purpose for the film.

Also this

Goblet of Fire is one of the best movies out of the series in my opinion. What utterly changed my perception of the whole movie franchise is rewatching all the movies years after I've read the books, having forgotten most of what happens. It turned my list of favorite movies completely on its head. Prisoners of Askaban stayed first, though. Michael Gambot made Dumbledore very much his own and changed his portrayal a lot compared to how Harris approached it. GoF Dumbledore was great and changing details from the book is a non-criticism. The book isn't the script.

I remember being SO pissed at Goblet of Fire and Half-Blood Prince especially. Turns out: If you don't know what's missing specifically and instead are able to enjoy them on their own terms, they are pretty damn good movies that fit very well to the rest of the series. Meanwhile, Chamber of Secrets and Deathly Hallows Part 1turned from among my favorites (mainly because they tried so hard to replicate the books) are now among the bottom of my list. They are overstuffed, overly long and fail to do what an adaption should be doing.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

It's expanding really well, that's a double digit PTA in its third weekend and nearly tripling its theatre count.

edit: you know what let's edit in another film that quietly is doing really well for itself:

Boyle's biggest hit since Slumdog, over $100M worldwide, and it's gonna end up with something like 4x multiplier. It got legs for (yester)days.

Last edited:

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Midsommar was fantastic. Yet its not a film I will ever recommend to anyone.

The feeling of awkwardness and bewilderment in the audience was palpable. I was loving it and the fact I could feel how much others in the audience were hating it somehow made it more enjoyable. I couldn't help but have a stupid grin on my face for like the last 30 minutes.

Anything Ari does is an automatic viewing for me. Hes 2/2.

The couple next to us were bitching the whole movie about what they were watching, then other folks leaving the theater were like "wtf did we just watch"

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Winter Soldier Iron Man and 3 are pretty much better than aquaman in terms of visuals. Aquaman has terrible cgi creatures/bad art design
I am against this thought process.

Aquamans visuals was a beautiful bewilderment of colors and set pieces 1 notch above the movies you mentioned. Prolly one of the reasons it made a billion.

(I love Winter Soldier as mich as the next man. The defining pic of the MCU but come on now...)

Status
Not open for further replies.