• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think it's possible we could see Spider-Man show up in other MCU films before his third solo outing. Kinda hard to say since we don't know the whole slate yet

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So does Sony still have to Feige a cut once it hits a milestone like Homecoming or was that bullshit?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I hope so. After FFH I def don't want to have to wait three more years for the next Spider-Man. We've been spoiled with five Spidey appearances across the last four years.

As long as the quality remains high, I think it works well to have a Holland Spider-Man film every two years.

More than any other Marvel character, I want to see Peter (and along with him, Tom Holland) grow and go through different periods in life. If they can keep this deal with Sony going and keep Holland on board, I adore the idea that we could potentially have a long series of films where we follow Peter from high school into college and then into adulthood.

I'm sure that's Marvel's plan as well.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man doesn't show up on Disney's schedule. They're technically Sony movies, even though Feige and Disney are actually making the films.

So Spidey 3 would be released in July 2021 in addition to the 3 Unannounced 2021 Marvel movies on the current Disney schedule.

They have still released in July and based on Disney's schedule you're telling me there be 4 MCU films in 2021.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
As long as the quality remains high, I think it works well to have a Holland Spider-Man film every two years.

More than any other Marvel character, I want to see Peter (and along with him, Tom Holland) grow and go through different periods in life. If they can keep this deal with Sony going and keep Holland on board, I adore the idea that we could potentially have a long series of films where we follow Peter from high school into college and then into adulthood.

I'm sure that's Marvel's plan as well.

Yep. High school trilogy, college trilogy, adulthood trilogy. It's perfect and I'm sure that's what Marvel hopes can happen

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
They have still released in July and based on Disney's schedule you're telling me there be 4 MCU films in 2021.

tenor.gif

luca

Oct 25, 2017
3 MCU films and Spider-Man 3 in 2021 seems likely. They'll have GotG3 in July 2022. And Ryan Coogler only now started writing the outline for Black Panther 2, so that likely won't be ready until February 2022.

May 1 2020 : Black Widow
November 6 2020 : Eternals
February 12 2021 : Shang-Chi
May 7 2021 : Doctor Strange 2
July 2021 : Spider-Man 3
November 5 2021 : Deadpool
February 18 2022 : Black Panther 2
May 6 2022 : Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
July 29 2022 : Captain Marvel 2

And they still need to find a spot for Ant-Man 3 and possibly another Thor and Avengers.

Last edited:

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday seems the surprise semi indie hit, a story that is absolutely nuts to try and pitch with a mostly unknown cast. Granted, based off the Beatles catalog but still, with a 56% RT rating kinda shows there is always a spot for something different, but it doesn't really seem like you can predict what people will want.

The last few other rom-coms have done really pretty poorly in theaters though, haven't they? Wonder what made this different other than The Beatles.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like jake gyllenhaal. I really enjoyed Prince of Persia, which was the first movie I saw starring him.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. High school trilogy, college trilogy, adulthood trilogy. It's perfect and I'm sure that's what Marvel hopes can happen

College trilogy? Come on they can't keep this 1 year gap in the movie world going forever. Then the rest of the MCU would be held back to stay in line with Spiderman or Spidey movies would internationally be behind. Or time never moves because they have the 5 year time jump to fall back on lol.

Besides all that I don't want early 30s Tom Holland graduating from College even if he still has a youthful appearance. That kind of gets away from the point of having such a young Spiderman in the first place.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
3 MCU films and Spider-Man 3 in 2021 seems likely. They'll have GotG3 in July 2022. And Ryan Coogler only now started writing the outline for Black Panther 2, so that likely won't be ready until February 2022.

May 1 2020 : Black Widow
November 6 2020 : Eternals
February 12 2021 : Shang-Chi
May 7 2021 : Doctor Strange 2
July 2021 : Spider-Man 3
November 5 2021 : Deadpool
February 18 2022 : Black Panther 2
May 6 2022 : Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
July 29 2022 : Captain Marvel 2

And they still need to find a spot for Ant-Man 3 and possibly another Thor and Avengers.
No way in hell do they wait that long until BP2

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
College trilogy? Come on they can't keep this 1 year gap in the movie world going forever. Then the rest of the MCU would be held back to stay in line with Spiderman or Spidey movies would internationally be behind. Or time never moves because they have the 5 year time jump to fall back on lol.

Besides all that I don't want early 30s Tom Holland graduating from College even if he still has a youthful appearance. That kind of gets away from the point of having such a young Spiderman in the first place.
Each movie of the college trilogy is him getting a different degree

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's a record for the holiday, but I just wish they could have got it over 100 for the actual weekend.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Well, it's not like he's going to skip college so I don't know what you expect. He's going to spend more than one movie in college. The timeline doesn't have to be in sync the whole time either, Guardians 1 and 2 are both 2014. As long as the timeline lines up for crossovers it's fine

luca

Oct 25, 2017
No way in hell do they wait that long until BP2
Could also be November 2021. Ryan Coogler only started writing the outline just now. Then they'll write the script, then film and then post-production. We know Black Widow, Eternals and Shang-Chi are the next three. And they are further along with Doctor Strange 2 which starts filming this January 2020.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was waiting so.... so long for Mysterio being the main villain in a Spider-Man blockbuster movie. And now it finally happened. Couldn't be happier. Spider-Man FFH deserves every penny. 1+ billion here we come!

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Unless Sony snaps their fingers and Spidey 3 gets a July date, forcing Disney to move their July film to October unless Sony is willing to play ball.

Studios move off of dates without movies attached to them all the time. Disney putting an unannounced movie there is basically a "just in case something is done by then", and if Sony wants the date for a Spidey 3 Disney probably lets it happen.

Edit: Looking at the actual schedule, the bigger issue would be that Sing 2 is currently opening on July 2, which would the date that Sony would want. I don't think Indiana Jones hits the date they have for it the weekend after that. Disney's live action July movie isn't until July 30, which would be further away from a potential Spidey movie than The Lion King is from Far From Home.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Also it's pretty much a given TS4 is getting a bil. 17 days in, it's got $306,557,544 domestic (at the same time, TS3 had $289,106,193) and it's having near-similar holds so far (2nd weekend drop was down one percent more than 3's, but the third weekend drop was nearly four percent less)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Could also be November 2021. Ryan Coogler only started writing the outline just now. Then they'll write the script, then film and then post-production. We know Black Widow, Eternals and Shang-Chi are the next three. And they are further along with Doctor Strange 2 which starts filming this January 2020.
Yeah I know, but 2022 specifically seems far too late. Mid to late 2021 was my estimation.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see MCU Spider-Man being just a trilogy of high school-set movies. Before Homecoming Feige had talked about one of the major appeals of rebooting Spider-Man being able to put him back into high school for a longer period of time, given how quickly the Raimi and ASM movies got him out of there. I don't think Marvel will be any rush to move Peter into college again, especially since only one of the movies so far has been set in high school.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wolf is back from Vacation, so Wolf updates his Disney Chart.

3tBCwal.jpg

Halfway through the year, over halfway to the goal. Aladdin and Toy Story 4 will probably both pass the billion, and then we got Lion King, Frozen 2 and Star Wars in the back end of the year. And Maleficent 2 might perform well too (Or be another Alice and the Looking Glass, we'll wait and see on it.)

Should have had my holiday in September, charts barely going to move at all in that month.

But that would be a good month to make the avatar bet thread if they can breach the 10 Billion or not. And some people are going to still be salty from The Last Jedi to go against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.