• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Power Rangers was such a dull movie. There's like 30 seconds literally of them in their suits fighting and it was entirely in the trailers.
The spectacle was bad but I genuinely enjoyed the teen drama a lot.
They had a great cast, too bad.
I don't know that that franchise will ever make big money in movie theaters though.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Naomi Scott's Kimberly was a garbage person and anyone who supports her is a cop. (Kimberly not Naomi)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Can't see the tweet. What does it say?
That a potential sequel to the 2017 Power Rangers movie is dead dead. We already knew it would be dead, but now it's as official as it gets. Instead we'll get another reboot movie with a new cast.

I loved the teenage drama in it, it was seriously good, and I even liked the action parts at the end, thought the fights in the suits looked great. Zord fights was fine, especially as the iconic theme came on and gave me goosebumps.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I beg and pray every day to whatever gods may be listening but we knew this thing was beyond dead last year when they auctioned off all the props.

You know, when people spent thousands of dollars on great memorabilia like:

Uhhhh....

Similarly, if anyone is holding out hope for a surprise revival of the Marvel Netflix shows, well:

I 100% would have bought something from Power Rangers but I was working pretty heavily on that day and totally missed it. Still regret that.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Bring back the GOAT

tenor.gif

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
The most powerful zord ever made is destroyed by a weeb murderer on bike who stole the leadership role from the better and more deserving leader because 'red is always the leader.' Also Virgil from DMC is there.

Was talking about Jason coming back ( also the fight with Andros is awesome as well ). The ending is trash yup.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Crawl $1M Thursday.

Paramount's alligator-Florida hurricane thriller Crawl is off to a solid start with $1Moff 7PM previews last night. Industry tracking has the Alexandre Aja-directed movie in the $10M-$12M in the shadow of Sony's Spider-Man: Far From Home's second weekend which is expected to be in the low $40Ms, down in the low 50%-tile. Exhibitors we hear really enjoyed Crawl, and if there's a pic that could over-index this weekend, that's the one. Crawl will be booked at around 3,000 theaters. We hear that Paramount kept this Sam Raimi-produced R-rated pic at a very responsible $13.5M before P&A.

Disney has Fox's action-comedy Stuber starring Dave Bautista and Kumail Nanjiani. The pic is expected to file in the $7M-$10M range and is not expected to change the fate of comedies at the box office. Critics don't find the movie funny at 45% Rotten. The Michael Dowse-directed movie follows an Uber driver whose car is commanded by a detective for a crazy night. Previews were held last night starting at 7PM, we'll have those figures soon. Pic will be in play at 3,050 theaters.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
We should be getting a trailer soon shouldnt we? I'm so morbidly curious about that film.
With Sony skipping SDCC, I don't think we're going to see a trailer until fall.

They still have Zombieland 2, Mr. Rodgers, The Grudge, Little Women and Bad Boys for Life to market that release ahead of it.

I'm hoping we get at least a first look of Vinny as Bloodshot soon though.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Both West Side Story and In The Heights come out next year within 6 months of each other. It would be a shame if two of the most important Latin musicals bombed.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Heard Lion King made $14.5m in China day 1, not sure how that compares to other big films there.

So far, Lion King is pacing ahead of both Jungle Book and Disney's Beauty and the Beast, which earned $11.6 million and $12.4 million on their opening days, respectively.

Maoyan currently predicts The Lion King will bring in $59 million (RMB 412 million) during its opening weekend, for an eventual final total of approximately $170 million (RMB 1.19 billion).

Seems it's on track for a decent run in China.

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes Hasbro. Apparently also the Snake Eyes movie they were set to start filming back in spring is now rumored to be on hiatus and they might go back to a general soft reboot of GI Joe 3 instead. They are a mess with their movies.

Hasbro didn't have anything to do with this movie and I don't blame them for going full clean slate. Considering they'd have to pay the cast more money as plenty of them are doing bigger and better things.

Nov 13, 2017
Sad about Power Rangers :( ironically, all of its stars are pretty big right now. Becky G especially.

I hope the reboot is super faithful to mighty morphin. Awkwafina would be an amazing Rita Repulsa.

I also think an animated series that covers the Boom comics and serves as a direct sequel/retcon of the 90s show.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Will we finally get Cena as Duke?

The rumor was just that they were gonna go back to an old script that never got off the ground, which involved The Rock again as his Roadblock character forming a new GI Joe team as a soft reboot, and cause they wanted the Rock back again. But those movies never happened cause they kept failing to lock down a production schedule and the Rock is so insanely busy. If they want to get the Rock back I see them just failing again. A complete reboot is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.