• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Oof at the Endgame Friday numbers.

It's going to depend on the last remaining countries yet to do the re-release inst it?

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
For comparison Spider-Man 2, which opened during the week of Fourth of July as well, dropped 48.7% its second weekend. Amazing Spider-Man went down 44% but had a much lower opening weekend.

So Far From Home's drop is about the same. Not bad at all.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
Let's talk about the fact that Dark Phoenix couldn't even outgross Divergent's: Allegiant despite being a Marvel property. #Divergentfranchisestayswinning

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Crawl does really well this weekend is there any chance that it might get some Dolby screens next weekend? I am debating as to whether or not I should see it now or wait and see if it gets some premium screens.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Crawl does really well this weekend is there any chance that it might get some Dolby screens next weekend? I am debating as to whether or not I should see it now or wait and see if it gets some premium screens.
Unfortunately Spider-Man will hold onto Dolby until Lion King arrives this coming Thursday. Then what appears to be happening with Hobbs & Shaw is that theaters seem to be playing the waiting game to see how Lion King performs before allocating Dolby/IMAX screens to Hobbs & Shaw. When tickets went on sale for it it was also available for REAL 3D now that's scrapped all together nationwide it seems (my 3D ticket was automatically refunded) and they only have standard digital available for purchase now.

So depending on how well Lion King does will determine if Hobbs & Shaw gets Dolby screens it seems but at this point I believe it will considering Hobbs & Shaw is tracking for $90m-$110m opening weekend domestically (in other words they're wondering if Lion King second weekend might do the same)

I need me my black Superman in Dolby though.
Is a billion assured at this point?
I believe it'll pass $1b.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got out of Aladdin. It was pretty great. Doesn't hold a candle to the original, but not living up to a masterpiece is hardly a negative.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Just got out of Aladdin. It was pretty great. Doesn't hold a candle to the original, but not living up to a masterpiece is hardly a negative.

That's basically how I saw it too, expecting the same with Lion King. These live action remakes are just neat little experiments to me. They won't stand the test of time like the originals at all.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was there any credence to that story where Amy Pascal threatened to take the Spider-Man rights back from Marvel if FFH didn't hit $1bil?

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Was there any credence to that story where Amy Pascal threatened to take the Spider-Man rights back from Marvel if FFH didn't hit $1bil?
...why am I just hearing about this?
lmao no. Pascal doesn't work for Sony, and hasn't for years.

It's just nerds wanting to be upset at a woman in power as usual.
We know just how stupid Sony is from the email fiasco so I believe it.
You shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.