• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First film did 352 million ww. Call me pessimistic but I don't see the sequel doing better

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
If someone here can vouch for 47 Meters Down, I'm gonna catch it tomorrow

I had planned on catching Hollywood, but I don't think I can sit in a theater for three hours anymore, especially with 30-60 minute commute back and forth.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
This is the same company/division that let the merch rights go for films. Let's not give them that much credit. But I'm looking at this in a few ways, mainly from the perspective that Sony does not plan to sell SPE at this time:
1) Post Amazing Spider-Man 2 the Spider-Man film brand is not as valuable as it once was (Not saying worthless, just not as valuable). They go to Marvel/Disney to make a deal. In order to take advantage of the MCU's popularity they agree to the collaberation providing that they still own the film rights, distribute, and get creative decisions (and get to use other Marvel characters they don't own). Disney/Marvel agreees in exchange for getting Spider-Man to be in some of their films, but they also want to take some precaution down the road to make sure the risk of losing Spider-Man in the MCU is minimized. They tell Sony they'll help reignite interest in Spider-Man (and maybe also allow use of other charaters in Sony projects, see Kingpin in Into The Spider-Verse), but Sony can be the only partner in this. Sony can't just make this deal so they can get enough value and allow the film rights to go elsewhere. Sony, desperate to get their top film franchsie back on track agrees to eliminate the transfer clause.
2) Assuming that the transfer clause was not eliminated during the original five film deal: Far From Home just became the first Spider-Man film to make a billion dollars. Into The Spider-Verse, which used a character that had to be licenced by Disney/Marvel (even if he's not a major reason why the film succeeded), is a critical success. Spider-Man was just featured in the highest grossing film of all time. And Marvel is allowing Sony's video game division, the big money maker, to probably make another sequel exclusive to their platforms. That's two dependencies on Disney/Marvel for success with the live action films, and two acts of good will to help out the projects Sony handles on their own. Renegotiations come in. Does Sony really want to cut ties with Marvel? We still don't know how Venom 2 and Morbius will perform. Sony's most profitable division could easily work a little bit longer with Marvel to get a few more million seller games providing both sides are happy. Why tank that relationship right now? Because that's a guaranteed way off hurting good will on the solo live-action spider-man films by rebooting. Any good will to get additional approved licenses for either the spider-verse films or the video games could disappear.

Disney/Marvel wants to make sure in the long run they aren't dealing with either Comcast or Warners (probably Comcast). They tell Sony eliminate the clause if you want to continue to work together. We're not helping you raise the value of the brand only for you to use it to sell the studio. (since as you said, Spider-Man's film rights are a big part of SPE).

Is that really worth it in Sony's eyes to tank a partnership that helps out mutliple divisions of their company? And potentially put the value of that license at risk by tanking it?

If Sony is lying about not selling SPE, sure. Point taken. But I still stand by point 1 in that case that Disney had to have taken some precautions and made the arguement about how much they contributed to raising the brand value a few years back. And we know how desperate SPE can be.
Well, Sony in the late 00's was desperate and hilariously kept floating largely due to Sony Pictures, so selling the merchandise rights was more telling of their financial health and management of the time. Yoshida, when he was CFO, said that was a dumb idea and regrettable decision Sony made.

At this point, Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters is a huge anchor for both its film and TV studio. I don't think with the turn around of Sony Pictures under Rothman and Vinciquerra, that they would prohibit the rights to Spider-Man from transferring in a sale. I could be wrong though, who knows.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
This is the same company/division that let the merch rights go for films. Let's not give them that much credit. But I'm looking at this in a few ways, mainly from the perspective that Sony does not plan to sell SPE at this time:
1) Post Amazing Spider-Man 2 the Spider-Man film brand is not as valuable as it once was (Not saying worthless, just not as valuable). They go to Marvel/Disney to make a deal. In order to take advantage of the MCU's popularity they agree to the collaberation providing that they still own the film rights, distribute, and get creative decisions (and get to use other Marvel characters they don't own). Disney/Marvel agreees in exchange for getting Spider-Man to be in some of their films, but they also want to take some precaution down the road to make sure the risk of losing Spider-Man in the MCU is minimized. They tell Sony they'll help reignite interest in Spider-Man (and maybe also allow use of other charaters in Sony projects, see Kingpin in Into The Spider-Verse), but Sony can be the only partner in this. Sony can't just make this deal so they can get enough value and allow the film rights to go elsewhere. Sony, desperate to get their top film franchsie back on track agrees to eliminate the transfer clause.
2) Assuming that the transfer clause was not eliminated during the original five film deal: Far From Home just became the first Spider-Man film to make a billion dollars. Into The Spider-Verse, which used a character that had to be licenced by Disney/Marvel (even if he's not a major reason why the film succeeded), is a critical success. Spider-Man was just featured in the highest grossing film of all time. And Marvel is allowing Sony's video game division, the big money maker, to probably make another sequel exclusive to their platforms. That's two dependencies on Disney/Marvel for success with the live action films, and two acts of good will to help out the projects Sony handles on their own. Renegotiations come in. Does Sony really want to cut ties with Marvel? We still don't know how Venom 2 and Morbius will perform. Sony's most profitable division could easily work a little bit longer with Marvel to get a few more million seller games providing both sides are happy. Why tank that relationship right now?
The video game stuff has nothing to do with movie side of things and it has been debunked many times and someone from insomniac had also clarified that they were offered to do any character from the Marvel universe and they chose Spider-Man. I am sure Sony and marvel games already signed a multi-game deal for Spider-Man because when the first one was announced in 2016, the head of marvel games said that the future of standalone Spider-Man console games is with Sony and insomniac.

With regards to the rest of your post I doubt a scenario like Sony pictures being sold would be discussed or even brought up in these sort of negotiations.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Sony in the late 00's was desperate and hilariously kept floating largely due to Sony Pictures, so selling the merchandise rights was more telling of their financial health and management of the time. Yoshida, when he was CFO, said that was a dumb idea and regrettable decision Sony made.

At this point, Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters is a huge anchor for both its film and TV studio. I don't think with the turn around of Sony Pictures under Rothman and Vinciquerra, that they would prohibit the rights to Spider-Man from transferring in a sale. I could be wrong though, who knows.

True on management being different.

I'm still not convinced yet that Sony doesn't crash and burn it's live action plans, even if the tv division is better. Which is really what's going to determine how valuable those other characters rights are. But I digress.

Still think there is a partial case Marvel could make to how much they've helped get the Spider-Man license back on it's feet and that they'll try to pursue that route to eliminate the clause. But I could be wrong. Rothman could try to avoid that.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I watched the Dora the Explorer film today.

Surprisingly better than you would expect it to be. Queen of the Jungle an easy recommendation over the King of the Jungle. Film needed more Swiper though.

I lost it when Danny Trejo, Machete himself, started voicing Boots.

Oct 31, 2017
2) Assuming that the transfer clause was not eliminated during the original five film deal: Far From Home just became the first Spider-Man film to make a billion dollars. Into The Spider-Verse, which used a character that had to be licenced by Disney/Marvel (even if he's not a major reason why the film succeeded), is a critical success. Spider-Man was just featured in the highest grossing film of all time. And Marvel is allowing Sony's video game division, the big money maker, to probably make another sequel exclusive to their platforms. That's two dependencies on Disney/Marvel for success with the live action films, and two acts of good will to help out the projects Sony handles on their own. Renegotiations come in. Does Sony really want to cut ties with Marvel? We still don't know how Venom 2 and Morbius will perform. Sony's most profitable division could easily work a little bit longer with Marvel to get a few more million seller games providing both sides are happy. Why tank that relationship right now? Because that's a guaranteed way off hurting good will on the solo live-action spider-man films by rebooting. Any good will to get additional approved licenses for either the spider-verse films or the video games could disappear.

Disney/Marvel wants to make sure in the long run they aren't dealing with either Comcast or Warners (probably Comcast). They tell Sony eliminate the clause if you want to continue to work together. We're not helping you raise the value of the brand only for you to use it to sell the studio. (since as you said, Spider-Man's film rights are a big part of SPE).

Is that really worth it in Sony's eyes to tank a partnership that helps out mutliple divisions of their company? And potentially put the value of that license at risk by tanking it?

If Sony is lying about not selling SPE, sure. Point taken. But I still stand by point 1 in that case that Disney had to have taken some precautions and made the arguement about how much they contributed to raising the brand value a few years back. And we know how desperate SPE can be.

Sony could always use Kingpin without Marvel's permission. And Marvel can use Kingpin without Sony's permission (in Daredevil). Peter Porker, though, Marvel/Disney had to approve.

I do agree with your overall point that Disney would definitely want to change section 23 of the amended contract in 2015, however, given what's publicly known I am not sure Disney/Marvel really got much out of that deal.

Sony Picture is much healthier right now than PS3 days. Why would Sony sell it since they have Jumanji, Venom and MCU Spider all making bank?

Sony does not have the scale or content to compete in the movie and streaming business. If they didn't have MCU's partnership this year they would be down in the single digits with the peons of Fox and Paramount. Plus assets are like stocks in a sense, you wanna sell high and buy low. Not saying Sony is gonna do it, but they need to acquire and grow or divest and focus on their other areas, such as as games.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Sony could always use Kingpin without Marvel's permission. And Marvel can use Kingpin without Sony's permission (in Daredevil). Peter Porker, though, Marvel/Disney had to approve.

I do agree with your overall point that Disney would definitely want to change section 23 of the amended contract in 2015, however, given what's publicly known I am not sure Disney/Marvel really got much out of that deal.

Sony does not have the scale or content to compete in the movie and streaming business. If they didn't have MCU's partnership this year they would be down in the single digits with the peons of Fox and Paramount. Plus assets are like stocks in a sense, you wanna sell high and buy low. Not saying Sony is gonna do it, but they need to acquire and grow or divest and focus on their other areas, such as as games.

Oh Kingpin was available to be used by both sides? I thought he was under Daredevil's rights.

I need to remember that then.

Oct 31, 2017
Oh Kingpin was available to be used by both sides? I thought he was under Daredevil's rights.

Kingpin:

3.l(i) Fox Kingpin Characters. During the Fox License Term, SPE's Rights to the Fox Kingpin Character are subject to Fox's rights therein under the terms of the Daredevil Agreement, and SPE agrees not to include any of the Fox Kingpin Characters in any Production produced by SPE or otherwise use such Fox Kingpin Character during the Fox License Term without Fox's prior written consent (and notice of Fox's consent to Marvel). After the expiration of the Fox License Term, (A) SPE will have the right to exercise on a non-exclusive basis all Rights provided for in this Section 3 with respect to the Kingpin Character, and (B) Marvel shall be entitled to exploit on a non-exclusive basis motion picture, television and related rights (including without limitation rights of the nature described in this Section 3) with respect to the Kingpin Character solely in connection with motion pictures, television programs and related audiovisual productions in which the main protagonist is a Marvel character that had a Previous Association with the Kingpin Character, (C) Marvel shall be permitted to exercise its Reserved Rights and the LP shall be permitted to exercise its rights hereunder and (D) Fox Kingpin Characters other than the character "Kingpin" shall be shared between SPE and Marvel as set forth on Schedule 7(B) and each party may use such Fox Kingpin Characters only in motion pictures, television programs or other comparable audiovisual works in which the Kingpin Character appears in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. A Marvel character shall be deemed to have had a "Previous Association" with the Kingpin Character if such Marvel character was the main protagonist of Authorized Works initially published or released prior to the Amendment Effective Date in which the Kingpin Character appears. By way of example only, Marvel would have the right to include the Kingpin Character in a Punisher or a Daredevil motion picture produced after the Fox License Term because Kingpin has appeared with these characters in Authorized Works initially published or released prior to the Amendment Effective Date, but Marvel could not include the Kingpin Character in a Thor motion picture because Kingpin has not appeared with Thor in an Authorized Work published prior to the Amendment Effective Date. For the avoidance of doubt, (x) Marvel shall not be prevented hereunder from exercising its Reserved Rights in and to the Fox Kingpin Characters or the Jessica Drew Characters to the same extent that Marvel and the LP is permitted to exercise its rights with respect to Spider-Man Subsidiary Characters, (y) SPE is not granted under this Agreement any rights to Daredevil Picture Related Elements ("Daredevil Picture Related Elements" having the same meaning as "Picture-Related Elements," except that it refers to motion pictures produced by Fox under the Daredevil Agreement, instead of referring to Pictures produced by SPE), and (z) neither SPE nor Marvel shall have the right during the Production Term to produce any live action or animated motion picture or television program or other linear audio-visual work in which the Kingpin Character is the main protagonist (it being understood that nothing contained herein shall limit Marvel's rights to exploit the Kingpin Character as a main protagonist in publishing or in non-linear applications such as video and/or computer games).

Oct 31, 2017

Kingpin:

2.f. Shared Characters.

2.f(i) Kingpin and Related Characters. Marvel represents that exclusive motion picture rights to the character "Kingpin" (the "Kingpin Character") and those related characters listed on Schedule 7B (the "Fox Kingpin Characters") have been licensed by Marvel to New Regency Productions ("Fox") under an agreement currently in effect ("Daredevil Agreement") relating primarily to the character "Daredevil" for a license term (the "Fox License Term"). The Fox Kingpin Characters are included in the Property, but, notwithstanding any contrary provision hereof, (A) during the Fox License Term, SPE's Rights to the Fox Kingpin Characters are subject to Fox's rights therein, and (B) after the expiration of the Fox License Term, the Fox Kingpin Characters shall be shared by SPE and Marvel as set forth in Section 3.l below. For the avoidance of doubt, any characters relating to "Kingpin" that are listed in Schedule 6 (and are not listed on Schedule 7B) have not been licensed by Marvel to Fox (and are not subject to Section 3.l below), and are included in the Property and included within the exclusive grant of Rights to SPE under Section 3 below. Marvel will not take any action that would cause any Spider-Man Subsidiary Character associated with the Kingpin Character that is not, as of the Amendment Effective Date, subject to Fox's rights to become subject to Fox's rights under the terms of the Daredevil Agreement or otherwise.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
DmpHD2m.png

So what's the avatar bet on Detective Pikachu vs Angry Birds 2 being the highest rated video game movie?
You forgot to tag OrangeAtlas when talking Pikachu

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I agree with the streaming aspect, which is why they're staying away from it and sold out of Crackle.

But film production, remove FFH and they'd still be on pace to crack $1bn domestically and maintain double digits market share also if they didn't have the MCU they'd have a Spider-Man film which let's assume doesn't make more than TASM2 but still a good haul.

But I do agree, Sony needs to acquire or divest if they're serious about SPE. MGM, AMC they need scale. But Yoshida is way too conservative at this moment so Sony is likely to meander in mediocrity through his tenure. If they sell SPE, please explain a cohesive story about Sony. They'll be a hodgepodge of different businesses that make no sense together. And God forbid PS5 craters.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Huh. Well ok then. Learn something new every day.

I agree with the streaming aspect, which is why they're staying away from it and sold out of Crackle.

But film production, remove FFH and they'd still be on pace to crack $1bn domestically and maintain double digits market share also if they didn't have the MCU they'd have a Spider-Man film which let's assume doesn't make more than TASM2 but still a good haul.

But I do agree, Sony needs to acquire or divest if they're serious about SPE. MGM, AMC they need scale. But Yoshida is way too conservative at this moment so Sony is likely to meander in mediocrity through his tenure. If they sell SPE, please explain a cohesive story about Sony. They'll be a hodgepodge of different businesses that make no sense together. And God forbid PS5 craters.

Well, I want to believe Charlie's Angels will be good and be somewhat of a success, so I'm not going to argue about that.

I'm also honestly hoping that Valient Cinematic Universe ends up being good.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018

Yoshiba doesn't mind investing but only for the divisions that he deems strategically important. To be honest it's still fairly early to give more money to SPE because of the amount of waste that went on there a couple of years ago. If anything Sony's TV division should be getting more funds but with all the big players investing in their own streaming services and thus investing heavily in new TV shows that is a hard but to crack unless Sony partners up with Netflix or Amazon and makes exclusive shows for them.

Film wise they do need a new franchise that's true, but let's be honest it's been years since they started talking about using their Marvel characters and we only really saw Venom as a result. They need to prove themselves a bit more before more money gets wasted on SPE.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshiba doesn't mind investing but only for the divisions that he deems strategically important. To be honest it's still fairly early to give more money to SPE because of the amount of waste that went on there a couple of years ago. If anything Sony's TV division should be getting more funds but with all the big players investing in their own streaming services and thus investing heavily in new TV shows that is a hard but to crack unless Sony partners up with Netflix or Amazon and makes exclusive shows for them.

Film wise they do need a new franchise that's true, but let's be honest it's been years since they started talking about using their Marvel characters and we only really saw Venom as a result. They need to prove themselves a bit more before more money gets wasted on SPE.
Considering they spent a ton of money somewhere in the 9 figures to secure the services of Phil lord and Chris Miller for the tv division, it looks like that division did get some money to invest.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017

The whole point of not partnering is so that they can sell to everyone and not be tied down to one service. As it is right now, they've got the most popular show on YouTube (Cobra Kai), one of the most popular shows on Netflix (The Crown) and I think have shows on pretty much every other major streaming service. They're not really having that hard a time of selling their content yet, we'll see if this changes down the road.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
^The boys on Amazon is also a Sony tv joint. I expect one of these new streaming services or Netflix/Amazon to sign a huge deal with Sony for the lord-miller marvel tv stuff.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I'm actually really curious of what will come of Sony making that Playstation Productions studio house for the gaming side to be able to produce their own movies.

Sony has a lot of potential IP on gaming side that could translate to big films with the proper care. With gaming now being in charge of it i hope something good comes from it.

Nov 1, 2017
Dark Phoenix has ended it's theatrical run with $252 Million

Total Gross: $252,442,974
Budget: $200 Million

US Gross: $65,845,974
Opening Weekend: $32,828,348
2.00 Multiplier

International Gross: $186,597,000
Opening Weekend: $107 Million

Top 5 International Markets
China: $59 Million
France: $11 Million
Mexico: $10 Million
UK: $9 Million
Russia - CIS: $7 Million

Honestly, a pathetic end to the fox x-men universe.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

And the reason Sony is trash.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Universal's Good Boys is headed for a surprise opening of $20M. Industry estimates have it there after what is expected to be an $8M Friday.

If these projections maintain, Good Boys will rep the biggest comedy opening of the year with Universal boasting the the biggest comedy openings of the past three years following last September's Night School and 2017's Girls Trip. Good Boys is also poised to be the first R-rated comedy at No. 1 since Uni opened The Boss back in April 2016. Nobody does comedy nowadays better than Universal. The numbers speak for themselves.
From Deadline
Not bad

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's kind of insane how much comedies have fallen off in just 10-15 years in the box office. Like in 2005 Wedding Crashers made over 200 million domestically (almost 300 million adjusted for inflation). And then of course you have the Hangover in 2009, 277 million actual, 334 adjusted. I don't remember the last comedy to reach 100 million that wasn't Crazy Rich Asians.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It's kind of insane how much comedies have fallen off in just 10-15 years in the box office. Like in 2005 Wedding Crashers made over 200 million domestically (almost 300 million adjusted for inflation). And then of course you have the Hangover in 2009, 277 million actual, 334 adjusted. I don't remember the last comedy to reach 100 million that wasn't Crazy Rich Asians.
Game night made just over $100M.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
A lot of Wedding Crashers's jokes would be problematic today.

I feel like youtube is the main comedy platform for kids, millenials. It's free, it's short, it's full of acting, fake reactions anyway.

Half the reasons why people likes MCU movies or hates them, is how joke-y they are. I consider most of them them as sub-genre comedy.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Resident evil only made $100M on a $33M budget according to wikipedia.

I wonder if that happened today would a studio even bother continuing a franchise off those numbers.

They kept at it and carved themself a successful franchise that knew its audience and kept the budgets in check.

Oct 31, 2017
I see Angry Birds 2 advertised every where.

We have a multi billion dollar film franchise with 5 entries based off a plotless theme park ride. No source medium is incapable of generating massive hits.

Sure, but I would like to see one hit it big before believing it. A proof of concept if you will.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just not convinced. I think the IPs that are more based on story telling and ambiance could maybe break out. The ones based on gameplay would be even more likely.

A lot of Wedding Crashers's jokes would be problematic today.

Like what? It's been awhile since I watched the movie.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Speaking of which, I wonder how Monster Hunter will do. I read it has a similar budget to the RE films around $60M.

I could easily see that being a $300M + earner.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
I see Angry Birds 2 advertised every where.

Sure, but I would like to see one hit it big before believing it. A proof of concept if you will.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just not convinced. I think the IPs that are more based on story telling and ambiance could maybe break out. The ones based on gameplay would be even more likely.

Like what? It's been awhile since I watched the movie.

This scene is not as funny as today standard.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys think about this article?

2019* is the only year where not a single movie has grossed between $200 M-400 M. Either it's below 200 (which is literally every movie) or above 400 (4 movies made by Disney).

*yet

I remember same thing happened in 2016 - all four 200-300 films came out in Q4 of that year. Don't know what films could repeat this - Addams Family, Jumanji, Maleficent if it has good wom (it won't)?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

If you look at the teams behind literally any video game movie you can see why none of them have broken out. And half of them are either uninspired trend chasers (Prince of Persia was an obvious attempt at another Pirates of the Caribbean) or are corporate led glorified tie-in products (like Assassin's Creed). We've yet to see an interesting creative team, well-fit for blockbusters, doing genuine adaptation work that's not being directly overseen by a publisher or something.

We just need to get a Donner, a Burton, a Raimi, or a Nolan out there doing their thing. You're not going to get a breakout hit until that happens, and that's the problem.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's kinda weird that dime store comic books have turned into the biggest movie industry of the modern era but we're still struggling to adapt video games. Video game movies are still waiting for their Superman 78, making the audience believe that video games can fly.

I guess because there is something inherently more impressive about adapting still panels to a full blown, live action motion picture than fully fleshed out and interactive video games.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Good Boys out of nowhere, might have some good legs even for the 100M. That's good to see some new comedies. Trailer was fun, does look like SUperbad with younger kids

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I want to take this time to sincerely apologize for giving 47 Meters Down: Uncaged an additional $20 at the box office. I hope someday the individuals (be they fine or scrubs) in this community can find it in their heart to forgive me

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give Venom 2 this: It definetely seems like on a non-producer level, they're trying.

... I still don't trust a project with Avi Arad as producer though.

EDIT: Also why the hell is my theater not having 8-9 slots for Dora on a Saturday, but they will for a Sunday? Screw it, finding another theater that's a little further out.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Looks like they gave Angry Birds 2 too many theaters. Another sequel dropping a lot and bombing.
Blinded by Light has good reviews but doesn't seem like it will survive the crowded week.
Where'd you go Bernadette is just going to disappear fast, probably best for all involved...
Good Boys might be at the top until It 2 release.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

I figure it has a lot to do with the whole "event movies" thing that has taken over the box office. Ain't no one going to a theatre and dropping $15 a ticket to watch a comedy... unless it's Ant Man or Deadpool.

could just watch reruns of friends or the office on netflix. or browse dank memes on twitter and laugh my ass off for free. shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.