• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Box office discussion has been pretty slow lately. I don't know if I should anticipate or dread the influx of discussion that will come from Joker.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Box office is boring these days because nothing bomba nothing break out, everything do as well as they expected more or less.

Box office is boring these days because nothing bomba nothing break out, everything do as well as they expected more or less.
It's a pretty slow month until 9/20, when Downton Abbey, Ad Astra and Rambo: Last Blood come out, which could generate a lot of talk (especially in the case of Ad Astra), but yeah, it's hard not to think that most theaters are waiting for Joker to come out.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Stallone is an idol of mine, and yet I still constantly forget a new Rambo is coming out

It looks like a DTV film that they slapped the Rambo name on

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I didnt like how the Rambo trailer used old town road but only Billy ray cyrus voice like it was his song.

Stallone is an idol of mine, and yet I still constantly forget a new Rambo is coming out

It looks like a DTV film that they slapped the Rambo name on
It could just be me, but it doesn't really feel like a good time to put out anything cartel-related in theaters. Not that I don't think it doesn't have a built-in audience, but I don't think there's much appeal right now for someone mowing down Mexicans, even if they are the bad guys and it is Sylvester Stallone doing the mowing. Just seems like it's in bad taste, even if it's not trying to be.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It 2 did really well. I expect a steep drop next week though. The first film was great, but I'm not really interested in going to a theater to see the sequel.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It 2 opened at 400+ more theaters than the previous one but made $90m+ could it have been the reviews, it'd length that hurt it or a combo of the two?

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
It 2 opened at 400+ more theaters than the previous one but made $90m+ could it have been the reviews, it'd length that hurt it or a combo of the two?

It is a monster out of the gate in the height of Stranger Thing, its pretty hard for Chapter Two without the cute kids to surpass it and especially for horror movie. I expect the same for Halloween sequels. Long run time will ruin its legs not opening.

But its still the second best opening ww for horror movie I hope no one complaining. It could make big numbers in the end if China dont ban R rated movies (this will hurt Joker and Birds of Prey too)

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
If you're wondering why I'm quiet this week, it's because the only positives I have to say/good films I acknowledge on the top 11 are literally just Ready Or Not and Scary Stories ⚰

Watch Ready Or Not if you haven't yet

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
It could just be me, but it doesn't really feel like a good time to put out anything cartel-related in theaters. Not that I don't think it doesn't have a built-in audience, but I don't think there's much appeal right now for someone mowing down Mexicans, even if they are the bad guys and it is Sylvester Stallone doing the mowing. Just seems like it's in bad taste, even if it's not trying to be.

I think the trailers alone are gonna hurt the movie. It doesn't look like a Rambo film, and every scene in the new trailers takes place around a farm house. It just seems like a really boring looking man defends his home movie really, after how bombastic and crazy the last movies were.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ew, who the fuck is seeing The Uncanny Lion King?

source.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Downton Abbey is going to murder Ad Astra. It will probably bomb. Critics who saw it at VIFF thought it might not be the most audience accessible movie even though they thought it was great.

I can't imagine it might upset audiences more than High Life.

High Life rules.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Will whoever makes the thread make it very Downton Abbey? I will consult about humor and entendres.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
If you would have told me Hobbs and Shaw would only make $30 million more domestically than Once Upon a Time in Hollywood...
I'd say worldwide? Not that shocked by the domestic. It has done well worldwide. They knew their audience. Question is enough for a sequel? It's certainly profitable but you know.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
I thought It Chapter 2 was decent...not a patch on the first part. Kind of like the original mini-series in that regard. I wonder if the length will put people off, or if word of mouth will dent it a little. For me there was too much loud, bang and crash spectacle and not enough of the smaller, more intimate scenes. The best scene in it is a smaller, more intimate scene...just Pennywise and a little girl under the bleachers. Wish there was more like that really.

Of of horror movies this summer, CRAWL is the most fun, Annabelle is bore fest.
Crawl is one of those movies you have to admire if only because it does everything it needs to and does it as well as you could want it to. Folks came in wanting some killer gators and some rad set pieces on a low budget that never once betrays the quality of everything else, and that's exactly what you get.

Oct 25, 2017
God I fucking love Arrival. It was the first movie I saw in a theater after Trump was elected.

I cried so hard when the credits came. Beautiful beautiful movie.

Oct 25, 2017
I think at I am rooting super hard for Doctor Sleep.

I need one Stephen King adaptation to be great this year. PLEASE.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jiminy Christmas Lion King just keeps chugging

Is it bigger than the original movie in adjusted numbers?

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Box office discussion has been pretty slow lately. I don't know if I should anticipate or dread the influx of discussion that will come from Joker.
Outside of IT 2 this week kinda sucked for movies people were looking forward to, but Hustlers is going to be an interesting one to watch. TIFF reviews are really really positive and it could break out in a dead zone of the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.