• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Joker went from.

"Wow look at all this acclaim"

To

"Is this movie even going to be certified fresh?"

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

Forever alone in a crowd, failed comedian Arthur Fleck seeks connection as he walks the streets of Gotham City. Arthur wears two masks -- the one he paints for his day job as a clown, and the guise he projects in a futile attempt to feel like he's part of the world around him. Isolated, bullied...

Oct 25, 2017
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

Forever alone in a crowd, failed comedian Arthur Fleck seeks connection as he walks the streets of Gotham City. Arthur wears two masks -- the one he paints for his day job as a clown, and the guise he projects in a futile attempt to feel like he's part of the world around him. Isolated, bullied...
"Sjw Critics don't get kino, release the Snyder cut"

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

Last I looked it was like 90% I think, didn't know it had dropped so much.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
All I need is MONEY! Sadly, I feel like Wu is going to be one of those people who torpedo her own career with all the stories of her cast members not liking her.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I wish Ready or Not had been bigger.

A blood-spattered wedding dress with converse would be a rad Halloween costume.

Ready or Not is still the best horror film of the year so far.

Us felt too bogged down in the mythology and didn't know how to end properly. It Chapter 2 was too long, repetitive, and predictable. Pet Semetary felt inept in everyway. The Curse of La Llorona committed the sin of taking a specter of Mexican folklore and removed all of the culture from it.

Really excited for The Lighthouse and Doctor Sleep. Eggers and Flanagan won't disappoint.

I feel like my hopes were too high for Ready or Not. When it wants to be funny it is hilarious, but the jokes did not come as often as I would have liked. Felt tonally disjointed, at some points getting weirdly closer to Funny Games than Tucker & Dale but never committing to either side of the horror/comedy spectrum. That said, it is still a totally great film, just not better than Us or It Chapter 2.

I will say that Samara Weaving has one of the best primal screams I have ever heard.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

turns out film festivals aren't everything :D

Oct 28, 2017
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

Stupid americans don't know kino when they see it.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

DC/Marvel fanboy wars incoming

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Man I feel like I'm being crushed by my workload. Haven't had the time or the energy to post around here lately. :(

Saw It 2 last week and yeah, it's a weird, inconsistent movie that is all over the place in terms of tone. Scares aren't as good as the first movie (there's nothing like the projector scene for example), but it has some solid performances, especially from Bill Hader who sells the fuck out of a conflicted, repressed Richie.

Overall I'd give the movie a 7/10.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017

probably the best animated film I've seen in 2019. it's in a very limited engagement right now if you can get half a chance to see it I can't recommend it hard enough. It's that damn good.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no one to see Hustlers with this weekend and I'm not going alone lol

I guess I'll wait till next weekend.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

Those Oscar dreams are dying fast

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Ok Hustlers fucking RULES. Had no expectations and absolutely loved it.

i hated it. Wife loved it. From the trailers, I expected a sort of heist, Oceans 8 kinda movie. Its not that AT ALL. Its a women-friends-relationship with Constance Wu and J Lo front and center. Which is fine, but not the kind of movie I really ever watch. Oh well, J Lo was pretty great. Didn't really love Wu (love her in Fresh off the Boat and Crazy Rich Asians), she felt really miscast in the role.

The reviewers who said "this is the female Goodfellas" should have their review licenses stripped though, this is about as close to Goodfellas as The Lion King is.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

Just reading all the negative new reviews... I mean they all kinda just sound like Era's fears personified in review form. They don't even really trash the film for it's film making qualities or acting. But just crapping on how they perceive the movie is seen in today's social environment

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hustlers or Freaks
Wanted to see both, but the only showtimes for them overlap.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

A cycle. "Oh wow its so high" *Only has 20 reviews*

Oct 25, 2017
One thing to look forward to with Joker is all of the terrible memes made with zero sense of irony

10kv2aqbz8m31.jpg

zelig

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

So are those actual reviews or just people trashing the kino because of their political agenda, crying about 'in the current societal climate ...'?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Watched IT Chapter 2, it's merely ok. Good acting from all the cast, offset by a bad comedy/horror balance where neither of the comedy or the full horror successfully lands and feels a little too retready of the first part. Plus that ending... "I can never write good endings" is X-Men Apocalypse "Third one is always the worst" ironic (And then Dark Phoenix happened).

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I know I'm late to the party on this but just got around to seeing Child's Play.. that was much better than I ever thought it would be. Pretty standard horror flick but it was very entertaining. Hamill knocked it out of the park and the music was incredibly good.

Leunamus

May 18, 2019
I've been to the theater alone many times, I saw Freaks alone last night but I guess I'd feel weird watching this type of movie without a friend haha idk if that makes sense
No one will say anything. It's all in your head. Walk into the theater like you own the place and ask for one ticket for the stripper movie like a chad.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Joker went from.

To

Real quick.

www.rottentomatoes.com

Joker

Shit. Is this going to be another case of Pet Sematary remake?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I saw It Chapter 2. It was good, definitely dragged during the middle. I'm a little miffed they left certain things out of the book too.

If the first was a 9, this is like a 7.5

Gotta catch Hustlers next

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How is Angel has Fallen Top 5?? Lmao!

I was a big fan of Olympus Has Fallen, but I almost fell asleep trying to watch London Has Fallen. I heard the last one was terrible, so am legitimately surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.