• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
What is the Metro Union doing about this? I thought they had boycotted those Nazi trains.

Hopefully they don't let the fuckers get close to that station. Get the hell out of my state.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit they went through with it? This is going to cause a massive shitstorm locally. (This isn't DC Police making the call btw, this is WMATA management doing so.)

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
That frontline propublica report led me to believe this would happen. Law enforcement, if not actively in cahoots with White supremacists, is more than happy to signal boost and ignore their many many crimes.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe WMATA misunderstood what "deplatforming" is: Instead of removing the internet presence of Nazis, they took it to mean giving them their own train platform.
Easy mistake

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
they should drop them off as far away from the rally as possible and make them walk to the rally point

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
After they said they wouldn't do it. The whole management needs to be gone

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Ah good, the people are starting to become more bold and show their true nazi colors. I can't wait to see who else can help and encourage this movement, its going to be sk hopeful to the growth of society. /S

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Since advocating violence is against the rules here, I have nothing to add except my general disappointment that this is a thing. I feel like this is going to be all I can post in a lot of topics regarding this.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Wow, fuck you Paul Wiedefeld. Get the fuck out of the CEO's chair right now. I usually only run to work like once or twice a week at best, but I'm going to make it as much as I can physically bear now to never use WMATA services again. What kind of piece of shit do you have to be to hear the public outcry, make a fake-ass backpeddle, and then go back to your stupid-ass original decision at the last minute. Seriously, fuck WMATA, fuck Paul Wiedefeld.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since advocating violence is against the rules here, I have nothing to add except my general disappointment that this is a thing. I feel like this is going to be all I can post in a lot of topics regarding this.
You don't need a threat of violence to have the solid blue electorate of the DC Area petition your elected officials for a complete removal of WMATA leadership.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Incredible. If there end up being casualties during this Nazi offensive, WMATA will be one more set of hands stained with blood. If there's any justice, they will be boycotted out of business for this.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible. If there end up being casualties during this Nazi offensive, WMATA will be one more set of hands stained with blood. If there's any justice, they will be boycotted out of business for this.

I mean. Putting your public transit system out of business isn't good for anyone. Those responsible need to be removed.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean. Putting your public transit system out of business isn't good for anyone. Those responsible need to be removed.
WMATA leadership has been doing a good job of doing that themselves. They'e been bleeding ridership for a while relative to other metro areas. It's not entirely on them, they've been underfunded by local governments and there are legitimate issues with the union (they're on the right side here, but there's been issues elsewhere with refusing to allow adequate staffing so that their people can get OT) but this decision is completely unacceptable and needs to be reacted to as such.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
If you live in WMATA areas, contact your local legislative member (State Senate/State House in MD/VA, city council in DC). DC, MD, and VA each have transit authorities which appoint the Board in charge of WMATA. The public pressure on the state legislatures needs to be immediate.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
anigif_multi-p-p-p-punch-6703-1276776650-68.gif

konka

Oct 25, 2017
WMATA leadership has been doing a good job of doing that themselves. They'e been bleeding ridership for a while relative to other metro areas. It's not entirely on them, they've been underfunded by local governments and there are legitimate issues with the union (they're on the right side here, but there's been issues elsewhere with refusing to allow adequate staffing so that their people can get OT) but this decision is completely unacceptable and needs to be reacted to as such.

I live in Washington DC, you don't need to tell me that.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, that's it for metro usage for me. It cost so much to park and ride, you might as well use Uber.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
If you live in WMATA areas, contact your local legislative member (State Senate/State House in MD/VA, city council in DC). DC, MD, and VA each have transit authorities which appoint the Board in charge of WMATA. The public pressure on the state legislatures needs to be immediate.

I'll be doing this.

Fuck WMATA management.

Good on the union for doing what was right.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I was confused reading the title and thought the train broke and they were only allowing the Nazis to get on a broken train as a joke to have them stand and wait.

Wtf