• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
We can't really answer your question ? Why did you only play Diablo 3 for 5 minutes ? Probably not for you if you couldn'T play another aRPG for more than 5 minutes.
It didn't really pull me in. I'm interested in playing a isometric arpg like this but the combat in Diablo 3 was just super whatever to me. Was hoping for something that felt better or something that was more engaging if that makes sense

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
TBH I'd rather they fix all the immediate problems, taking 1 to 2 days to do so, as opposed to problems spread out a few weeks to a month after release, with constant resets and patches making you lose progress. Get that shit out of the way first.

I highly doubt a majority of the review bombs will be revised when the issues they are complaining about are eventually fixed. It's just going to make the review section age poorly.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So about Offline mode characters... I know they are saved locally but do you at least get them synced with the Steam Cloud Save? I'd like to be able to play my offline character both at home and at work...

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
It didn't really pull me in. I'm interested in playing a isometric arpg like this but the combat in Diablo 3 was just super whatever to me. Was hoping for something that felt better or something that was more engaging if that makes sense

Combat is really the highlight of Diablo 3. Path of Exile is insanely more complex and in my opinion a lot more replayable than D# but D3 combat is a lot meatier. Combat in Wolcen is as if not even meatier than D3 but it's more complex than D3 but less so than PoE. If you didn't enjoy D3 combat I doubt Wolcen would grab you.

Servers issue aside I have 14 hours played so far and I'm enjoying it greatly.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna try to dive in this weekend, but I guess I'll just give it a few weeks to get the kinks out. But damn people are raging about this on Steam.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
People nowadays have zero patience. I'd be curious if World of Warcraft launch if it happenned in this day and age. Man the internet would run red with blood. I remember Stormrage being down for days.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Super minor nitpicky thing in the grand scheme of things but it's kinda dumb that you still get the pop-up to confirm when you want to start an event even when playing in offline mode lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so I did act 1 offline in story difficulty to get up to where I am online faster (im in act 3 online), but decided to switch to normal for act 2 to see if my current build was as strong as it felt, and it sure is fam. Shit is ridiculous, so many stacking buffs lol

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At
People nowadays have zero patience. I'd be curious if World of Warcraft launch if it happenned in this day and age. Man the internet would run red with blood. I remember Stormrage being down for days.

Seriously. I hate to use the word "entitled" but the attitude and rage seem a bit extreme for what's going on.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
At

Seriously. I hate to use the word "entitled" but the attitude and rage seem a bit extreme for what's going on.

I get wanting a refund for something that's not working, 30-40$ is a lot for some people. I just don't get why go online and fele the need to tell everybody that you're refunding. MMO have the same things with ''I'm cancelling my sub''. I don't get it. It's not like you have to wrestle with Steam for a refund it's all automated.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
So about Offline mode characters... I know they are saved locally but do you at least get them synced with the Steam Cloud Save? I'd like to be able to play my offline character both at home and at work...

There doesn't appear to be any cloud saves for offline games. Mine certainly didn't sync over when I took my gaming laptop to work yesterday.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of fun Shield and Gun. Just got the cannon grenader launcher skill thing and it is stupidly strong. Can't wait to level it.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
because you want to play the game now, but not tomorow apparently? unless its a "stick it to the man" stance, which fair enough I guess.

My post was mostly a joke.

But I know that this isn't going to be the only thing that goes wrong this launch and with my current limited gaming time it might be better to wait until it's been a little bit and things are stable. Doesn't make sense to refund it though as what I paid for it is probably cheaper than any sales happening in next few months.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Maintenance extended, eh? Bummer, but not unexpected. I went ahead and started a character offline this morning and I'm loving it so far. Can't wait to get my errands out of the way so I can come back and play.

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
Is there not a Gates of Faith tree builder on the Wolcen website (or a different website), or am I just blind and not able to find it? Wanted to mess around with the tree while servers were down, but couldn't find one.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've played too many controller games for far too long, playing on a KB drives me nuts.

I liked what I played so far though.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, so randomly the passive that gives +1 projectiles just stopped working. I even restarted the game, and it just doesn't work anymore, and it's pretty much a core of the build I was trying out. Guess that's my sign to stop for a while.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
My post was mostly a joke.

But I know that this isn't going to be the only thing that goes wrong this launch and with my current limited gaming time it might be better to wait until it's been a little bit and things are stable. Doesn't make sense to refund it though as what I paid for it is probably cheaper than any sales happening in next few months.

I guess it's because I never buy anything I'm not 100% sure I want to play, I dont do the whole "this looks interesting I'll buy it to see if I like it" thing, so the fact I cant play today or tomorrow (well I can and I am, offline) doesnt make it so all of a sudden I don't want to play in 2 days when its fixed.

But everyone is different so you do what u gotta do. Semi-related but I honestly wonder how many of the people not playing offline will actually even engage in online play later tbh, and I say that INCLUDING MYSELF in the equation. My "main" is online and for 2 days I didn't touch offline, then I actually started thinking "wait I never played grim dawn or diablo 3 with anyone why am I assuming this will be different"

Hell even the people I know got the game I havent played with them, even when online was working, I havent seen the on, plus I have weird hours and all shit. Its kinda like when you keep saying you gotta hang out with your friend but then in reality you never do because you both have your own lives, but for videogames lol.

Wow, so randomly the passive that gives +1 projectiles just stopped working. I even restarted the game, and it just doesn't work anymore, and it's pretty much a core of the build I was trying out. Guess that's my sign to stop for a while.

On what skill did you notice? I ask because I used it in beta and you got 2 glaives instead of 1, but I never saw it work on the turret (how would one notice anyway, it's already shooting multiple projectlies) or anything else so I actually skipped that passive this time around.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
My "main" is online and for 2 days I didn't touch offline, then I actually started thinking "wait I never played grim dawn or diablo 3 with anyone why am I assuming this will be different"

This is me. I was feeling like I was going to wait for server issues to blow over but have 200 hours in Diablo 3 and have never played with other players so I am just going to pick up the game and play in offline mode.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I should have sticked to offline mode instead of rerolling in online, i would be probably done with the game already ;p

I have the same with passive that add stacks of poison for close enemies, but generally going to main menu and back game fixes it.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Then no, Diablo gameplay is about as good as it gets, Wolcen is a noticeable downgrade in that department.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
I understand the server issues. The ARPG genre hasn't had an exciting new game in a while and this came out of left field. Most of the earlier build previews were mixed/negative and then suddenly the launch previews were really positive.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Jeez, it's still down? I read it was down for maintenance when I went to bed and now it's nearly 6pm. I understand giving them a bit of slack as they're a small company but it's turning into a shit show and it's starting to show in the reviews, it's just getting lower and lower on Steam.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to lose faith in humanity just go take a look at their discord server right now. People are straight up insane.

One of the mods posted it's likely it won't be fixed in the next 6 hours. So I would suggest doing something else today :)

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I might start a fresh offline character tonight. It's a bit of a pain when I need to switch to my laptop but I'll manage. Maybe start an online character again when things stabilise and they start expanding the end game.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If you want to lose faith in humanity just go take a look at their discord server right now. People are straight up insane.

One of the mods posted it's likely it won't be fixed in the next 6 hours. So I would suggest doing something else today :)
Real curious as to what went so catastrophically wrong that they're going to need maintenance this long. Compounded with the fact that offline saves don't have cloud capabilities is kinda wild. Glad I got a buncha playtime in early so I know I love the game but I wouldn't blame people for refunding/wanting an extended refund period at this point. Online is an advertised aspect and even if the game will be online eventually, I can't fault people for not wanting to play the game without the online components.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I was looking into this game but after watch gameplay on YT no thanks. Generic clone of Diablo that u transform yourself into a monster. No thanks.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I was looking into this game but after watch gameplay on YT no thanks. Generic clone of Diablo that u transform yourself into a monster. No thanks.
I wouldn't call it a "generic clone of Diablo" at all. Absolutely inspired by, but the loot system and build customization is closer to Path of Exile. Otherwise, of course ARPGs are going to look alike. What were you expecting?

funo

Oct 27, 2017
If you pay for something it should work. I doubt any of you defended diablo 3 at release like this.
There is a slight difference between the fuckup of a multi billion dollar corporation and a team of (alledgedly) 13 ppl on their first ever release.
Also, you can still play this game offline as much as you want.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
The gearing is way more like vanilla Diablo 3 than PoE, there's almost to no thought given to upgrading your character with drops if your tree isn't botched.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The gearing is way more like vanilla Diablo 3 than PoE, there's almost to no thought given to upgrading your character with drops if your tree isn't botched.
I imagine it'll be more important come the higher difficulty. This is a hot take for sure, but I prefer this style of loot for your first time through. PoE fucking sucks for someone that wants to ease themselves into the loot system.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if dots can crit in this? I'm building kind of a crit poison build with that dagger rush down attack, I forgot the name of it. It's pretty good so far, but I worry I'm wasting points by dumping them both into crit and poisons if they don't build off of each other.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
If you pay for something it should work. I doubt any of you defended diablo 3 at release like this.
no but the same ppl that bashed diablo and stayed for diablo, are bashing this and asking for refunds. hypocritical, thats it. its not nice to be that. if you bought the game its because you want to support such game, things like this are NOTHING new this generation, but this is a small ass team compared to the big ones, and we let the big ones slide a LOT. so ppl should not be such assholes about this.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if dots can crit in this? I'm building kind of a crit poison build with that dagger rush down attack, I forgot the name of it. It's pretty good so far, but I worry I'm wasting points by dumping them both into crit and poisons if they don't build off of each other.
There is a node that allows alignment applied by critical hits to have critical damage, but remember that alignment damage is independent of hit damage.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
no but the same ppl that bashed diablo and stayed for diablo, are bashing this and asking for refunds. hypocritical, thats it. its not nice to be that. if you bought the game its because you want to support such game, things like this are NOTHING new this generation, but this is a small ass team compared to the big ones, and we let the big ones slide a LOT. so ppl should not be such assholes about this.
How do you know this lol
Maybe don't take people's annoyance with a product they bought not functioning so personally.