• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Is it safe to jump in now?

If you just want to play offline, then yes - I've played an offline character to the upper 50s so far with no issues. Online is supposedly better now, but I have no plans to touch it until it's fully stable (and items/progress stop disappearing).

Also, does anyone know whether dyes carry over from character to character? I play offline only, and if dyes are shared over all offline characters, then I see no reason to keep the duplicates around.

Strange. I am 20 as well and I have even recieved 2 legendaries as quest rewards.

I'm level 58 at the moment and have only one unique (it's in my stash since it's a pistol which I have no use for). My equipment is about 50% rare and 50% legendary at the moment, but I've seen less than 15 total legendary pieces so far.

Haha, yes! Amazing! This is pretty much exactly the one-skill playstyle I used in PoE though (spin to win forever), so decided to try something a little more involved for Wolcen. Very tempted to try and create a similarly endless Infinity Blades build though =)

The nice thing about my build is that life leech and rage generation are really high, so the larger groups I spin in, the better I do. I also have Bladestorm generating health orbs, which takes care of the occasional big health drop from certain super-powerful mobs. My favorite is when I get into a chamber of greed and activate half a dozen cursed chests at the same time. Pure chaos, but I love it.

Last edited:

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
finally managed to play online again, got connected to sydney server
i guess asia servers are still fucked
since a lot of people are saying mage is fucked i went the ailments route

huh the devs posted something
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem :: Servers and patches (includes patch 1.0.4.0 changelog)

Community translation: Deutsch - Français Hello everyone, First of all, we want to thank you for your patience. It has been a rocky launch and we clearly weren’t expecting that much passion for Wolcen. We know that the connection issues and bugs you currently encounter are frustrating and...

image.png

Party's over Shieldbros, apparently it's not Bleeding Edge time yet.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I knew shield breaker was bugged at 50, but having damage decreased by 100x doesn't sound good. Might have to respec again...

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Ooof, finally hit a wall on the path to Helmshire in Act 2. I just melt when the boss looks at me. All revive tokens spent in seconds. And I thought I was doing so well by beating the final boss of Act 1 first try!

Might have to start investing some points into toughness, or throwing in some block/dodge stats to my gear. Failing that, I grew up on MMOs like Lineage 2, so I have no shame in grinding out a huge level advantage =D

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
i see some potencial pet buffs in the patch notes (mostly from the wording bonuses not working correctly), guess ill be stealth buffed then.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Jokes on you, I still hadn't gotten my hands on a decent shield yet so I'm using a 2Hander; still able to easily clear Master expeditions.

iRkyyzO.png

Also, made this with an Erieban Tear ;) (Crit Hit Damage roll)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I played offline when the server was down, and then restarted when online was up - but I'm only level 7. It's actually pretty damn fun! The only thing I ran into that was annoying as hell is hit detection for some enemies as a ranged hero, specifically fucking bats. Anyone else struggle with that?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I played offline when the server was down, and then restarted when online was up - but I'm only level 7. It's actually pretty damn fun! The only thing I ran into that was annoying as hell is hit detection for some enemies as a ranged hero, specifically fucking bats. Anyone else struggle with that?
Most definitely yes if you are a Bow only user, I has the same issue. It's not a problem if you are melee as you can auto dash but projectiles seem to miss the bats completely. My suggestion is to use like a Gun + Catalyst/Melee weapon do that you have some AOE skill or melee attack that can kill them.

This is a bug of course.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

Hit detection is 'meh' across the board. Not a big deal for Bladestorm builds, but targeting single mobs and even picking stuff up off of the ground is more annoying than it should be.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Fuck those bats. Drove me crazy. I had to AOE them Bc I couldn't hit with my gun.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
turn Vsync on to get rid of the hit detection problem, its the same as the loot problem

I was hoping that would be the case. Next time I fired it up though I found that Vsync was already on. I have never had issues with loot as long as I am clicking on the name itself. Rats/Bats or any fast moving smaller creatures, though, I end up 'chasing' around because it registers as clicking NEAR them and not ON them half the time. It just seems like hit/click detection is a bit small on some of the smaller things.

Grim Dawn feels like night and day in this regard. Played a bit of that over the weekend as well as it was heavily on sale on GOG and noticed immediately how I am always attacking when I feel like I should be instead of running up next to the monster repeatedly. Hope they can fix it.

Sometimes though I do get a random bat that just seems to have a very broken detection box and I can't seem to click anywhere near it and have it register. That is far more rare so far.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping that would be the case. Next time I fired it up though I found that Vsync was already on. I have never had issues with loot as long as I am clicking on the name itself. Rats/Bats or any fast moving smaller creatures, though, I end up 'chasing' around because it registers as clicking NEAR them and not ON them half the time. It just seems like hit/click detection is a bit small on some of the smaller things.

Grim Dawn feels like night and day in this regard. Played a bit of that over the weekend as well as it was heavily on sale on GOG and noticed immediately how I am always attacking when I feel like I should be instead of running up next to the monster repeatedly. Hope they can fix it.

Sometimes though I do get a random bat that just seems to have a very broken detection box and I can't seem to click anywhere near it and have it register. That is far more rare so far.
You can fix this by holding down the "Attack in place" key when attacking (LShift by default). Pretty mandatory for ranged builds IMO and allows you to attack targets from off screen.

Bats fairly busted though, you really need AOE or auto targeting attacks to kill them reliably.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
You can fix this by holding down the "Attack in place" key when attacking (LShift by default). Pretty mandatory for ranged builds IMO and allows you to attack targets from off screen.

Ah thanks for this, that will definitely help if I go back to my caster. I am actually enjoying my Bulwark/Plague character at the moment, so it is the single target melee attacks where I am playing a wack-a-mole like mini game most times. My character just moves around the enemy I'm trying to hit instead of actually swinging. No problem most times since I have plenty of AoE skills now too, but can still feel a little annoying when you are finishing off those one or two poison spitters that like to move back and attack you from range.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
Lost my stash together with all of my endgame progress; now the game isn't letting me create a new session no matter how many times I try, rip?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Lost my stash together with all of my endgame progress; now the game isn't letting me create a new session no matter how many times I try, rip?
Could be this?
"Calistaen(CM) [Wolcen]Yesterday at 6:39 PM
Characters/stashes/city building missing: If you're having any of these issues Online, please relaunch the game or relog your character until the issue is fixed. The data exists, but it's not returned by the database and it might require several attempts before it comes back."

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
Patch notes sound promising, although not seeing anything about making spells viable yet. I finally managed to get to the end game after having my campaign progress stalled / rolled back due to the bugs, and it's a far better experience. Really fun stuff. Underneath the mountain of bugs and lack of polish, there's definitely a good game there. I have to say though, I can't help but feel that I paid full price for essentially an untested beta version of a game.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The experience with this game must be night and day when comparing offline to online. I haven't had any bugs aside from a weird animation glitch where some of my weapon effects wouldn't show up. But that's hardly game breaking and could still play just fine. I'm level 35 now and that's been the worst of them. I think most of the issues they're having are lag/sync related. Not to mention the database issues... lol.

It's unfortunate that some skills are definitely buggy. Hell, the critical chance for one of my warrior skills goes from 33% to 100% if I put on any armor piece that has that inherent block chance (3-4%). That's broken, lol.

Probably could have benefited from more early access, but then they don't get the big official release attention that this game got. And with the massive in-take of new players, bugs are found much faster. Victim of their own success, as they say.

I kickstarted this game so to me it's just more early access with more content. I might just back off until they fix some of the issues with skills because I want to play my mage character without being disappointed down the road.

Crotin

May 6, 2018
I'm loving this game. I've run into some bugs where I've needed to restart the game, but nothing truly crazy like losing loot. I'm on lvl 42 so far

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
The experience with this game must be night and day when comparing offline to online.
Haha! Yes, I'm also playing offline and loving it =) I paid full price for the game too, after "release" day and don't mind at all. I guess it's a GaaS thing, but the foundation is solid and fun enough in offline mode that I can look past the few (mostly visual) bugs I've encountered. I'm sure they'll be fixed in time, and I'm happy to be playing in the current state.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wait why is the default ailment on my skills freeze now instead of stasis? I swear to god this game...

Plagueburst - freeze / poison
Bullwark of Dawn - freeze / weakness

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Day 3 of losing my stash. The first time was...understandable since I just finished Act I but I'm into Act III and I'm losing all my gems.

I really enjoy the game at it's core, but the bugs and the jank can be killer.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
You added frost spell damage on some item?

huh youre right I have 2 items that "add x frost dmg to spells", thats weird. If I remove them, the spells only do 1 ailment (at least on the tooltip), I could swear they did stasis + other stuff before. I guess I had a item that added...err... aether dmg or something?

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Games has crashed too much for me to keep going at this point, I'm probably done for a while until things get ironed out. Reading about spells being shit at higher level doesn't help either.

Patch notes don't mention anything about most broken passive nodes so hopefully those fixes come soon too...

huh youre right I have 2 items that "add x frost dmg to spells", thats weird. If I remove them, the spells only do 1 ailment (at least on the tooltip), I could swear they did stasis + other stuff before. I guess I had a item that added...err... aether dmg or something?

Yes stasis is caused by aether damage.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is making me feel bad cause I'm enjoying the game a lot but so many others are having a bunch of issues.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
this stupid ass broken shitshow of a game, everytime I want to hate it, it turns around and makes me love it...

Case in point, fucking around with builds, I wanted to make some sort of weird ass full ailment build, im talking 6 different ailments, which is a bit of a pain to figure out 6 different skills to use to ge the results, you need to fiddle with modifiers and whatnot. Anyway, dmg was fine (dmg was already fine in my half ailment / half summons build) but I really wasnt feeling Eclipse as a source of curse ailment, its shit to use, knocks enemies OUT of my aoes which is the opposite of what I want, just a shitty skill no matter what modifiers I use. Also since you are basically playing piano with 6 skills, its a absolute mana drainer to the point im not even using health pot, im using 2 willpower pots...

...and then I realised Infinity Blade has a shadow, aka curse ailment modifier. And then I started to look at the various blade mofifiers and it has a ton of shit to get willpower back, AND has no cooldown (all the other skills have long ass cooldowns) and all of a sudden I have a actual filler that looks badass and happens to be one of the skills I've wanted to build around since I got the game?

giphy.gif

Dynamic3

Oct 31, 2017
So what exactly do you miss out on if you want to be conservative for the time being and start with an offline character? Can you convert them to online later on?

funo

Oct 27, 2017
So what exactly do you miss out on if you want to be conservative for the time being and start with an offline character? Can you convert them to online later on?
The only thing you miss out on is coop.
You cannot convert them because you can basically cheat just about everything in offline mode

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Couple questions.

Anyone have a generic explanation on how ailments work? Do all spells have a chance to apply their ailment?

Also, how do you dash with auto dash toggled off for melee characters?

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Hm, I just got the scene with
Heimlock and Justicar Azenhal
and I really liked the music during this scene. Problem is, I can't find it on the soundtrack, or I missed it I don't know. If someone know what I'm talking about, I would really like to find it.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Couple questions.

Anyone have a generic explanation on how ailments work? Do all spells have a chance to apply their ailment?

Also, how do you dash with auto dash toggled off for melee characters?
Basically, anything that deals damage has a chance to apply an ailment that's based on the attack's damage type. There's also a passive node in the Cabalist tree that lets attacks apply *two* ailments instead of just one. The chance to apply an ailment is based on the associated ailment score/percentage.

From what I understand, damage types and ailments break down like this:

> Material
- Physical = Stun (brief stun, basically just an interrupt/stagger)
- Rend = Bleed (damage over time)
- Toxic = Poison (damage over time)

> Elemental
- Fire = Burn (damage over time)
- Frost = Freeze (extended stun/lockdown)
- Lightning = Shock (damage over time; affected targets can damage nearby targets)

> Occult
- Aether = Stasis (slows movement and attack speed)
- Sacred = Weakness (debuffs resistances and damage)
- Shadow = Curse (causes active ailments to spread to other targets; does not cascade)

I'm not 100% on it though, so any corrections and additions are welcome.

Dunno about the auto-dash functionality. :x

Mayyhem

Mar 5, 2018
I'm really enjoying myself (about to finish Act 1) and I'd love to start building up my friends list in this game.
Anyone interested? My wolcen tag is mayhempapi.2524

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man movement can be so annoying in this game. 100% of my deaths were movement related. So frustrating.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
this stupid ass broken shitshow of a game, everytime I want to hate it, it turns around and makes me love it...

Case in point, fucking around with builds, I wanted to make some sort of weird ass full ailment build, im talking 6 different ailments, which is a bit of a pain to figure out 6 different skills to use to ge the results, you need to fiddle with modifiers and whatnot. Anyway, dmg was fine (dmg was already fine in my half ailment / half summons build) but I really wasnt feeling Eclipse as a source of curse ailment, its shit to use, knocks enemies OUT of my aoes which is the opposite of what I want, just a shitty skill no matter what modifiers I use. Also since you are basically playing piano with 6 skills, its a absolute mana drainer to the point im not even using health pot, im using 2 willpower pots...

...and then I realised Infinity Blade has a shadow, aka curse ailment modifier. And then I started to look at the various blade mofifiers and it has a ton of shit to get willpower back, AND has no cooldown (all the other skills have long ass cooldowns) and all of a sudden I have a actual filler that looks badass and happens to be one of the skills I've wanted to build around since I got the game?

giphy.gif
Yep, it's amazing =D I've built my character around Infinity Blades with a catalyst, switching to those Kratos blades when I run out of willpower (they have an occult damage modifier so they can scale off the same stats as Infinity Blade, and a big crit damage modifier). I built for a high crit chance, and now Infinity Blades rarely ever runs out. Just... self-sustains. Works so well with the huge crit damage passive.

Clandestine Execution passive - 25% more damage when only one enemy is within 7m range.
I just tried using this and didn't notice any difference in damage output. Is this known to be bugged? I'm wondering if I just don't understand its use case...

Last edited:

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Do levels on gear go higher than 60? Because I am at the point where I am fighting level 100+ things and they still only drop level 60 gear.

Dyscord

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really conflicted because as frustrated I am with all the bugs I'm still having a good time with the end game and progressing my town.