• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
lmao @ ppl saying they'll refund cause servers are down. did you refund diablo 3 when you couldn't connect? or anthem? or ffxiv? just let it go...they are working on it and they will get fixed, 62k peak on steam, on a fucking Thursday is no joke.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I made a dire error by logging off earlier. Was playing with 0 issues and got up to take a nap. Now I can't get back in. Womp womp. I'm really enjoying caster from what I've played so far. The variety of spells is really interesting.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Downloading will be able to check it out in an hour, at a basketball game. Can we not even make a SP character and play that way?

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
lmao @ ppl saying they'll refund cause servers are down. did you refund diablo 3 when you couldn't connect? or anthem? or ffxiv? just let it go...they are working on it and they will get fixed, 62k peak on steam, on a fucking Thursday is no joke.
Yea and these guys are such a tiny team in comparison to the other ones you mentioned. I can only imagine their office is going crazy right now trying to sort it out but people think they're off in the bahamas somewhere on holiday. They spent years developing this game they're committed to making sure it works. It's obvious they did not expect this kind of reception.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in, but I can't get a character created in online mode. Anyone else make it further than that? Should I keep trying or wait until they announce the server issues have been resolved?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Noticed some really huge fps drops when moving my mouse cursor during the early fight with the green creature where im only level 2. In that entire area my fps would go from 60 down to like 12 just by moving the cursor. It's a huge issue there and it mimics a memory leak. Very odd but at least moving it minimally made it better.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

It was even worse with the Diablo 2 launch.

I'm really enjoying caster from what I've played so far. The variety of spells is really interesting.

That's what I was going to try with my first character. Seems like the game has at least one "melee" spell too so that all your bases are covered, unless it's just a drain on will/mana (whatever this game uses).

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I got in for like a minute and got kicked out. eh, imma try out in a few days I guess.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed some really huge fps drops when moving my mouse cursor during the early fight with the green creature where im only level 2. In that entire area my fps would go from 60 down to like 12 just by moving the cursor. It's a huge issue there and it mimics a memory leak. Very odd but at least moving it minimally made it better.

Happened to me on the same location, still tried to go forward after the fight but got a connection time out and it kicked me out. Trying to get back in now, but I think I'm only playing this tomorrow.

zektbach

Oct 28, 2017
This game can barely maintain 60FPS on the lowest settings on a 1070 and an i5 7600K.
Must be something wrong with your setup. I'm running the exact same setup on Very High and it's buttery smooth when I've limited it to 60FPS. Even on my laptop with a 1660 it's exactly the same performance wise on Very High.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cant this game be played offline?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Just been playing offline as I don't really care; if I find people to play with online I'll start a character in that mode.

Fun stuff; feels more polished presentation wise now.. easier to tell where to go and that sort of thing, map is a bit more dense too.

Leveling is slower though right? Like they give you half the passive tree points now. Makes some sense though.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Crazy it's still down, I thought it would be long up by now. I guess I'll play tomorrow then.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I haven't heard of this game till today. Watching streams and it looks very good. Looks like D3 and PoE had a baby.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That's strange. In the early access earlier this week, I was getting a constant 60-70fps in my rx580 on high settings.
Must be something wrong with your setup. I'm running the exact same setup on Very High and it's buttery smooth when I've limited it to 60FPS. Even on my laptop with a 1660 it's exactly the same performance wise on Very High.

Hmm maybe it's mostly a problem with the city because it fluctuates between 40-60fps on high but when I left and got to the first boss fps was more stable. Will need to keep playing to test it more but I don't want to get too far in offline mode right now.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
You know the reason why they segregated offline and online characters is so folks can't hack offline and bring some bullshit online.

In fact Wolcen Studio had the forethought to have online characters be stored server side only and offline characters stored locally.

What would fix some of the issues is a 3rd option of a public lobby based on P2P that allows online play with one player acting as a host instead of connecting to the server entirely for all networking features. That way they can cover all bases, a strictly offline single player mode, an online mode for online only users and a open public online mode.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Is Steam itself experiencing issues? My Rocket League stopped updating and now Wolcen won't download at all. My internet is fine.

Edit: sorted itself out.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
After saying in here earlier that I'm gonna wait and see, I watched some more videos and I just have to play this lol.
I don't mind playing offline and, I'm weak! So I am buying this tonight.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I played a bit but refunded my copy yesterday after a little birdie told me the launch was probably going to be rough. I will probably check it out again on sale somewhere down the line...

Sgs2008

Mar 25, 2019
Was always going to play offline anyway so server issues won't affect me. Apart from the coop the offline experience is the same right ?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
They just pushed out a System in-game message saying server capacities will be deployed in a few hours along with an upcoming hotfix for a progression reset issue. Cool to see they can do that in-game.

8QWRmrw.png

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished a 2 hour session. I'm in love. While I do have some small quibbles they're mainly in the QoL department. The gameplay is sublime.

I'm building to be a glass cannon with a two-hander and I can just wreck shop but need to be careful. Combat feels impactful. If I had the time I would just keep playing and playing and playing. Compared to Diablo and PoE this has made such a better first impression.

It looks phenomenal too.

And I just saw in the Cosmetics menu that a SINGLE piece of equipment can have (but not always) up to EIGHT slots to dye. On a single piece of equipment! I know I'm going to dye hunting. I need a huge swath of dyes ASAP.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I actually got my agility high enough to negate the -25% attack speed with two handed weapons and so I have +8% attack speed now. My hammer I got slays.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Would really like to see the ability to hover over items on the ground to see stats at a glance and possibly hold shift while doing so to compare equipped items.