• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
created my character and played a bit, rushed through and reached the city since i already played the beta anyway
i'm in singapore server
i played mage on beta and will do the same again, now staves basic attack pierces through enemies so willpower gain is higher i think

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Game has potential, but is barely playable for me in its current state. As soon as I move my cursor more than a few feet away from my character, it tanks the frame rate, and it progressively gets worse the farther I move it out. So if I don't move my cursor much more than a small radius around my character it stays at 60fps, but as soon as I start pointing on virtually anything (like you do in these games...), it tanks as low as 25fps.

Anyone playing online having lags in their attacks?

Offline has problems too, and I don't know if you're noticing input lag, frame rate problems or network latency, but it's not smooth at all right now for me.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring the server issues, this seems alright?

I'm not understanding where people are coming from saying it has exceptional combat for an ARPG. I'm not noticing anything that even places it anywhere near PoE for me.

Weird issues that seem like they shouldn't be in a 1.0 release?
  • Open player inventory, hover over item that isn't equipped. Doesn't acknowledge that I'm hovering over the item until I click once.
  • Unresponsive inventory. There's a decent amount of input lag in between things like equipping, moving things around, selling, buying, etc...
  • Hitboxes on flying enemy types are busted.
  • Tutorial messages in a game that cannot be paused in online? Hello? What? Literally right off the bat, tutorial message about how to fight enemies as enemies are attacking you.
  • Rolling seems pointless? It was pointless in the console version of Diablo III, and it's pointless here. You can't roll through enemies. I thought this would replace needing an allocated movement ability, but it absolutely doesn't.
  • Text dialogue doesn't have a keybinding bound for skipping. We need to be able to skip dialogue with like the space bar or something.
  • Can't remove abilities from skill bar without having a replacement ability? I know this will solve itself later, but why am I now forced to have an ability I cannot even use on my skill bar?
  • If you hover over a debuff to read the tooltip, the tooltip never goes away. I just permanently have a box on my screen telling me what "Poisoned" means.
  • The map isn't meant for 1440p monitors. Also, is there no way to move the map or zoom? I don't mean the minimap, I mean the big overlay one that pops up if you press tab.
  • They've got two slots for rings, gloves, and shoulders, but is there a keybinding for comparing / equipping on the alt slot?
  • Absolutely no way to see the stats of an item on the ground.
  • If I have to see white and blue drops on the ground even into the endgame, I'm gonna lose it.
  • Item shops with global reset timers? Fucking why? The skills vendor isn't selling a movement ability for me, so I have to wait 15 minutes?
Played 2 hours the game looks fantastic, plays great but I'm still confused about some of the stuff. Finding your way is sometimes frustrating because the overlay map doesn't expand as you move the places we've not visited should stay in dark just like Diablo. Also, do we only get skills as a random drops?
There's a vendor in town that sells some.

Last edited:

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Played 2 hours the game looks fantastic, plays great but I'm still confused about some of the stuff. Finding your way is sometimes frustrating because the overlay map doesn't expand as you move the places we've not visited should stay in dark just like Diablo. Also, do we only get skills as a random drops?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not understanding where people are coming from saying it has exceptional combat for an ARPG. I'm not noticing anything that even places it anywhere near PoE for me.

*shrugs*

I played quite a bit of PoE and this just felt way better to play. Maybe it's because I used a greatsword/hammer which both have a lot of heft to them.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This was actually posted in the bug forum a week ago, and it still persists. Hopefully the hotfix...fixes it.

My stuttering wasn't quite as jerky as what is in this video, but it's the same problem.

Noriea

Nov 8, 2017

Weird issues that seem like they shouldn't be in a 1.0 release?
  • Open player inventory, hover over item that isn't equipped. Doesn't acknowledge that I'm hovering over the item until I click once.
  • Unresponsive inventory. There's a decent amount of input lag in between things like equipping, moving things around, selling, buying, etc...
  • Hitboxes on flying enemy types are busted.
  • Tutorial messages in a game that cannot be paused in online? Hello? What? Literally right off the bat, tutorial message about how to fight enemies as enemies are attacking you.
  • Rolling seems pointless? It was pointless in the console version of Diablo III, and it's pointless here. You can't roll through enemies. I thought this would replace needing an allocated movement ability, but it absolutely doesn't.
  • Text dialogue doesn't have a keybinding bound for skipping. We need to be able to skip dialogue with like the space bar or something.
  • Can't remove abilities from skill bar without having a replacement ability? I know this will solve itself later, but why am I now forced to have an ability I cannot even use on my skill bar?
  • If you hover over a debuff to read the tooltip, the tooltip never goes away. I just permanently have a box on my screen telling me what "Poisoned" means.
  • The map isn't meant for 1440p monitors. Also, is there no way to move the map or zoom? I don't mean the minimap, I mean the big overlay one that pops up if you press tab.
  • They've got two slots for rings, gloves, and shoulders, but is there a keybinding for comparing / equipping on the alt slot?
  • Absolutely no way to see the stats of an item on the ground.
  • If I have to see white and blue drops on the ground even into the endgame, I'm gonna lose it.
  • Item shops with global reset timers? Fucking why? The skills vendor isn't selling a movement ability for me, so I have to wait 15 minutes?

There's a vendor in town that sells some.
I noticed all these things too. I just quit at lvl 15 and once got cornered by a couple bats and couldn't hit them with anything or roll out. Had to teleport out and thankfully they split enough for me to move away upon returning. Laggy abilities may be the servers I hope, cause most of them just don't feel good. Lots of flying enemies I can't hit is annoying right now too.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's the difference between offline and online why they couldn't just merge both in one character?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's the difference between offline and online why they couldn't just merge both in one character?

Cause people can easily edit offline characters and then take them online.

People often say to avoid public lobbies in games like Diablo and Borderlands cause people edit/hack their characters offline and then bring them online and can screw things up.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This was actually posted in the bug forum a week ago, and it still persists. Hopefully the hotfix...fixes it.

My stuttering wasn't quite as jerky as what is in this video, but it's the same problem.

Yeah, hopefully this stuff gets ironed out. My brother and I are about 20 hours into divinity original sin 2. So, gonna be a while before we jump into this. But, we both grabbed it yesterday before the price went up.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

Yep, and PVP is supposedly planned in a future update. Don't want to encounter dudes online when PVP comes out having millions of HP doing like a billion damage outside normal stat range of damage output. That would quickly kill online.

This is why offline and online modes are segregated, but I wouldn't mind a 3rd option of player hosted online instead of server reliance, kind of like Open Bnet, just as long as it doesn't interfere with the server side online stuff.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, friend just told me he played up to level 10 then backed out to get off for the night and the main menu showed him as level 1. He was having zero issues up until then.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This is weird. Could it be a CPU issue?
Haven't experienced anything like that.

Highly doubt it. My frame rate stays locked to 60fps as long as I do not move my cursor after a specific distance away, no matter the amount of enemies on screen. Conversely, it will always drop when I move the cursor away even with no enemies around. Someone else reported this same problem earlier in this thread too. Ironically, it was the main issue I was hoping I wouldn't encounter after reading about it, and so far it's the only issue I've encountered.

edit: resetting the game actually fixed this. For the time being anyway.

Last edited:

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Holy crap the final boss of Act 1 was kicking my ass. I thought my summoner + melee caster build was super strong until that point. Oof.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
For anyone that doesn't want to have to click on enemies 'basic attack'n the options menu activate that. I'm loving my warrior right now! I recently upgraded my PC so playing this 4K 60 is very nice.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
im not seeing anywhere to join multiplayer games. Is there multiplayer in this game?

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017

People often say to avoid public lobbies in games like Diablo and Borderlands cause people edit/hack their characters offline and then bring them online and can screw things up.
Yep, and PVP is supposedly planned in a future update. Don't want to encounter dudes online when PVP comes out having millions of HP doing like a billion damage outside normal stat range of damage output. That would quickly kill online.

This is why offline and online modes are segregated, but I wouldn't mind a 3rd option of player hosted online instead of server reliance, kind of like Open Bnet, just as long as it doesn't interfere with the server side online stuff.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Can't play until tomorrow. Hopefully the server issues will be sorted out by then.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*shrugs*

I played quite a bit of PoE and this just felt way better to play. Maybe it's because I used a greatsword/hammer which both have a lot of heft to them.
Maybe it's just melee then. I don't tend to play melee in ARPGs. I didn't really notice anything all that great during the intro where they force you to go melee.

Spellcasting doesn't feel all that great.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Damn, friend just told me he played up to level 10 then backed out to get off for the night and the main menu showed him as level 1. He was having zero issues up until then.
If he was playing online, hopefully when he got back to the menu it was just showing his offline character, if he made one. Same thing happened to me when I logged off with my level 8 char. Freaked out then realized it didn't log me back online.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, almost failed the mission where you have to go into some cave. Got stuck inside the boss twice and died. Ended up having to face tank the guy.

Some of the targeting is awful

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle

I believe rolling through enemies is on the passive skill tree; might be something items can do too.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Lol, almost failed the mission where you have to go into some cave. Got stuck inside the boss twice and died. Ended up having to face tank the guy.

Some of the targeting is awful
Yeah trying to individually target some bats was triggering the shit out of me. The hit box was like way off.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Solid quest. It wants me to kill this thing that doesn't exist. If I click that yellow orb, my attacks go off, but they're not damaging anything.

q2OM9yc.jpg

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Maybe it's just melee then. I don't tend to play melee in ARPGs. I didn't really notice anything all that great during the intro where they force you to go melee.

Spellcasting doesn't feel all that great.
Spellcasting gets significantly better as you level up your skills & get more in general. I was really underwhelmed at first until I started unlocking things like Thunderstrike.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Yeah trying to individually target some bats was triggering the shit out of me. The hit box was like way off.

Gameplay options. Checkmark basic attack. It auto attacks when cursor is in the enemy so you can just hold the mouse button. Makes targeting precisely a non issue.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to auto highlight items on the ground? I must've been blind but I went through options/keybind.

And any way to compare items on mouseover while they're dropped on the map?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
is online separated by servers? like if i made my character in singapore server i can't play with players on other regions?

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I restarted the game after they posted their update message, and now I can't start public games anymore.

It works to start a private online game, but when I set the option to "public" it just gets stuck in matchmaking limbo forever. So if anyone here is having trouble, make sure it's set to private in your campaign settings.

edit: actually, I can't start any games at all now lol.

Gonna need to wait a couple patches on this game I think.

CheeseTom

Oct 27, 2017
The game's a bit unpolished, but the basic loop of killing things and looting stuff is solid and incredibly enjoyable so far

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I restarted the game after they posted their update message, and now I can't start public games anymore.

It works to start a private online game, but when I set the option to "public" it just gets stuck in matchmaking limbo forever. So if anyone here is having trouble, make sure it's set to private in your campaign settings.

edit: actually, I can't start any games at all now lol.

Gonna need to wait a couple patches on this game I think.
Yeah I restarted for the update too and can't create any online game anymore... Trying in private fyi

Edit: Ok, I'm in

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure so far. Played about 10 hours. No skill I've gotten is very interesting (playing a mage) but I was having fun spamming ice spears.

Idk, something about the game feels weirdly deliberate and slow.

The game looks good, but also there is rarely many enemies on screen at any one time.

Also how do I use the magic offhand? I've found no weapon besides a stave that regens willpower

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure so far. Played about 10 hours. No skill I've gotten is very interesting (playing a mage) but I was having fun spamming ice spears.

Idk, something about the game feels weirdly deliberate and slow.

The game looks good, but also there is rarely many enemies on screen at any one time.

Also how do I use the magic offhand? I've found no weapon besides a stave that regens willpower
i reached about level 10 in the beta
afaik only staves can give you willpower on your left click attacks, if you equip catalyst as offhand then you can use the mage spells but your weapon's basic attack will only give you rage since you'll be using a physical attack weapon on your main hand
maybe there is a passive skill tree that makes you gain willpower on physical weapons, i dunno

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people are saying Dodge is useless. I am constantly using it to put distance between me and the mobs with my spellcaster.

On my melee build, I jump into the middle, wreck some havock then kill things to make an exit path and roll out of it.