• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Well I'm now playing for the first time! So far it seems good, but I have one thing driving me insane.

The Scale HUD option is only changing the size of the main bar at the bottom and not my portrait or the HUUUGE minimap in the top right.
Is there a way to shrink these other UI elements?

Ive decided to play mage-y and did no prior build research. I am going to play and hope it all works out lol.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Every streamer I've checked out has lost all their progress and been sent back to the beginning of the game or the beginning of act 2.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just woke, stuff still on fire huh? That is a huge bummer and im not going to sit here defending it, but I do feel for the team, game seemed to have some nice momentum going and this all probably reversed all that.

Might just play offline tbh, and do another character later when I know things are woking for sure. I never actually played any of the other arpgs with other ppl lol.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
just woke, stuff still on fire huh? That is a huge bummer and im not going to sit here defending it, but I do feel for the team, game seemed to have some nice momentum going and this all probably reversed all that.

Might just play offline tbh, and do another character later when I know things are woking for sure. I never actually played any of the other arpgs with other ppl lol.

Logging on was a pain but it was flawless after. About 10-12ms of lag at all time. The progress stuff is apparently patched already.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like I've been really lucky or something. Only took me about 10 min to get into the game and been able to get back on consistently.

The only real glitches I've had is when you exit a dungeon sometimes the character will be stuck facing one direction, and that can be fixed by just doing a skill.

Other than that? Been running smooth at 1440p/Max Settings/60 FPS, with no lag hampering.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Logging on was a pain but it was flawless after. About 10-12ms of lag at all time. The progress stuff is apparently patched already.

apprently im unlucky because its borked again then? I still cant get to a online game and im seeing ppl say, like u, it was fine the last few hours and now its fucked again. Still, my point stands, and playing offline and remembering "oh yeah I really liked the beta" is a bummer :D

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
So this is how the game looks for me even after a restart:

unknown.png

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
apprently im unlucky because its borked again then? I still cant get to a online game and im seeing ppl say, like u, it was fine the last few hours and now its fucked again. Still, my point stands, and playing offline and remembering "oh yeah I really liked the beta" is a bummer :D
Yeah this is my feeling atm also
The release actually makes things worse

But I'm not refunding, I think this has potential
The devs just gotta crunch and fix the bugs

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy to play some offline while they sort out the server issues. I can try out different early builds and see what skills I like and don't like

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yeah the bugs suck; I don't get too attached to my first couple characters in these games so not too worried.

Can you backup saves in offline mode?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the bugs suck; I don't get too attached to my first couple characters in these games so not too worried.

Can you backup saves in offline mode?

yes? it's the whole reason why its seperate from online because you can alter saves and shit.

Yeah this is my feeling atm also
The release actually makes things worse

But I'm not refunding, I think this has potential
The devs just gotta crunch and fix the bugs

I didnt say anything about refunding. In fact, unless you knew nothing about the game and went in completely blind (which is weird to me), and this goes for any game, especially any PC game, this whole "DOESNT WORK REFUND" thing is utterly bizarre to me. The fact that its not working properly doesnt change the fundamental game I wanted, its just borked right now which sucks, sure, but i dont suddenly NOT want to play it anymore. Anyway, some random tidbits:

- these offshoot little side dungeons (the green stairs) werent in the beta. Nothing special but adds a little to each zone I guess.
- something is off with vsync because if I turn it off my mouse cursor cant target things properly (makes looting a PITA)
- chain lightning is still awesome.
- drop rate is understandably "nerfed" from beta, getting a lot less skill drops and gear of course. I "had" to buy chain lightning from the lady.

edit: oh im in, seemingly with no issues. fingers crossed.

Last edited:

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Why is every streamer just shitting on the game in every way they can. Is this the new, edgy, Twitch thing?

Guess I'll just try it for myself.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I like the game a lot. Just need a little patching here and there with things and it'll be great. Just stuck on a boss because of some weird lag with everything. Maybe it'll be cleared up by tomorrow.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Why is every streamer just shitting on the game in every way they can. Is this the new, edgy, Twitch thing?

Guess I'll just try it for myself.

What?

Cohh loved it, itmeJP likes it and played ~12 hours straight, Bikeman and his crew are having fun with the game etc. Sure sampling is small, but game seems to be pretty well received even with online issues.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else running into an issue with... trees? Like this?

You see the base of the tree and the shadow and sometimes tiny shadows from foliage in the branches but... no tree?

75C617BF14E2E5B2CF307A8B3B24A6046350D386

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
There's some sort of film grain option I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want turned off but just not finding the option.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
What?

Cohh loved it, itmeJP likes it and played ~12 hours straight, Bikeman and his crew are having fun with the game etc. Sure sampling is small, but game seems to be pretty well received even with online issues.

Guess I had bad luck then. Clicked on few and they were just complaining and making fun of stuff that didn't look like an issue at all.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
What is this memory leak issues people are mentioning in their Steam reviews? I haven't encountered any, and I only have an 8GB RAM. Played for over an hour, never went below 100 fps @1280x960 (GTX 1070, Ryzen 5 1600).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
parked my dude outside one of those green stair dungeons, went to walk the dogs, make some coffee etc, come back...im dead (lol) but still online at least!

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've just resigned myself to offline mode, I have terrible dedication to these games anyway and rarely play online, might try the online when it's stable with another character type.

Currently going for a sort of "swashbuckler" role, 1 melee weapon, 1 pistol. Hey, dual wielding stuff doesn't suck ass at the start of an ARPG for once.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
They have tech to make sure the tree isn't obscured when they need to show info

It's every tree though, in that area. Feels much more like a bug. I have noticed a pillar or rock wall disappear when I walk behind it. The trees, though, I am nowhere near and I just see the stump like base graphic and maybe a shadow. Always. They are never there. The image above was from a post in the bug thread on Steam, and displays the exact thing I see. I just thought I'd ask if any of ya'll have successfully seen a tree yet.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Game is alright so far, in Act 2 and most of my issues is some funky shit with hit detection and black loading screens where I have to reload the game. Those could possibly be their servers having issues though so who knows. I'm just playing through to get to end game because thats what I am most curious about and want from an ARPG nowadays.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I've just resigned myself to offline mode, I have terrible dedication to these games anyway and rarely play online, might try the online when it's stable with another character type.

Currently going for a sort of "swashbuckler" role, 1 melee weapon, 1 pistol. Hey, dual wielding stuff doesn't suck ass at the start of an ARPG for once.

did you try to log in in the last hour or so (and did u get the hotfix?), its working fine for me now

funo

Oct 27, 2017
Soooo I caved and bought the game after seeing some parts of it played on Twitch.
Only like 1 hour in but HOLY HELL this feels good. I am somewhat baffled by the overall quality of the game because at least for me it came out of nowhere.

I seriously hope the 2nd part of the game is as polished as the first couple of hours (it probably won't be but I'll see, when I get there)
So far, no issues for me, gonna play some more.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Is this an "always online" game? People say you can play offline but that doesn't necessarily mean the same these days.

funo

Oct 27, 2017
Is this an "always online" game? People say you can play offline but that doesn't necessarily mean the same these days.
You can play offline as much as you want, characters won't carry over though - you either have online or offline characters (anti-cheating measurement)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh wow ailments actually hurt. Shock dmg dot from chain lightning is dope. Normal is deffo more difficult than the beta was (beta was probably on "story"), mobs take much longer to kill (still die fast tho), yup Im sure loving this.

Now give me my summons RNGesus :(

edit: lol as I type that, the lady has both the golem and the zombies for sale (and the leech that mind controls too damn), cant afford both tho noooooo

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Bladestorm is disappointing. Thought it'd work like in PoE and D3 where it's a smooth channeling skill but it turns out to be an attack that spins in short duration/distance.