• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if there is a way to respec the sphere grid ?

you can respec everything

Bladestorm is disappointing. Thought it'd work like in PoE and D3 where it's a smooth channeling skill but it turns out to be an attack that spins in short duration/distance.

check modifiers? Ive seen proper bladestorm builds where the guy is just spinning constantly like D3/PoE so.

Finally got some summon spells for the golem and zombies im much happier.

head's up: the mind controlled mob you get from Parasite is permanent (until it dies I guess) and transitions screens with you like the other summons do.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well I'm now playing for the first time! So far it seems good, but I have one thing driving me insane.

The Scale HUD option is only changing the size of the main bar at the bottom and not my portrait or the HUUUGE minimap in the top right.
Is there a way to shrink these other UI elements?

Ive decided to play mage-y and did no prior build research. I am going to play and hope it all works out lol.

Damn me too. I like my UIs small in h&s games.

Worst part is the reward screen appearing right in the middle of the screen while still in a fight, blocking a big chunk of view. I mean come on...

Other than that and few other bugs, loving the game. Everyone needs to chill, it's a small team, remember that even D3 was busted at release.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
you can respec everything

check modifiers? Ive seen proper bladestorm builds where the guy is just spinning constantly like D3/PoE so.

head's up: the mind controlled mob you get from Parasite is permanent (until it dies I guess) and transitions screens with you like the other summons do.
My bad, didn't realize it costs so much rage that it's hard to spin for long.

zektbach

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if there is a way to respec the sphere grid ?
If you open the character window (C) you can respec your Attributes and Passives (grid points) at the bottom of the window. Have to be in town to do it, costs gold to respec Attributes, affinity (the currency you get from selling Eneracts) to respec Passives.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I don't know why people are saying Dodge is useless. I am constantly using it to put distance between me and the mobs with my spellcaster.

On my melee build, I jump into the middle, wreck some havock then kill things to make an exit path and roll out of it.

The dodge roll rocks. I only saw one person say he didn't like it but he also unfairly wanted it to make him phase through enemies. I think that is asking too much of a basic level 1 ability.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
My bad, didn't realize it costs so much rage that it's hard to spin for long.

any modifiers that help with that?

The dodge roll rocks. I only saw one person say he didn't like it but he also unfairly wanted it to make him phase through enemies. I think that is asking too much of a basic level 1 ability.

theres a passive that makes it in fact do that, not to mention there are a few teleport / movement skills that also do that.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
me and the posse just chillin'

9E70945E7B8235F044B5FA85E673678A6875F230

funo

Oct 27, 2017
2 hours in, quite liking it so far...
is there any way I can improve "item pickup" so that I don't have to click 12 times to pick something up?

funo

Oct 27, 2017

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I'm glad that I play these games solo. If D3 had an offline mod I would do the same with that. I'm glad we have the option with this one at least, that's how I'm playing it.

gizio

Oct 28, 2017
I played the EA beta for straight 3 hours without any issue, now, after updating to full game, i got some weird graphical glitches (the characters show only eyes and hair, no face though), time to reinstall everything from scratch i guess, i had a ton of fun during the beta, melee build felt pretty good ...

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in this game, but is there local coop? My wife and I really enjoyed D3 on PS4, and I'll buy this if we can play together.

kalavaras

Oct 28, 2017
Oooookay I watched Alkaizer stream a whirlwind build and I'm interested. Bought the game years ago on early access when there was barely nothing and I forgot about it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am using a melee skill that literally turns me into Kratos.
Like I am 100% sure it is the exact same animations from God of War.
It's beautiful.
810c6b40a336e77ed4ab573a23947d11eef6660c.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Learn all the skills, you never know.

I am stashing away any ranger skills I find, as that might be a path I'll explore later into the game (I'm focusing on melee for the time being), but mage-like characters have never been my cup of tea. I'd say Diablo's Paladin/Crusader class is about the extent to which I'll let magic encroach into my preference for melee.

Any future duplicate skills you get can be consumed for currency that you can use in town to level up the skills you do use, so it is worth just learning every skill you find.

Yeah, I've sold most of the Enneracts I've found. I just don't like that I now have a skill I'm almost certainly never going to use, haha. It'd be nice if I could sell it off for 5 Primordial Affinity points instead of the usual 10, or something.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I've sold off a bunch of Enneracts. I just don't like that I now have a skill I'm almost certainly never going to use, haha. It'd be nice if I could sell it off for 5 Primordial Affinity points instead of the usual 10, or something.

Yeah fair enough, lol.

That is actually how it worked in the EA, you could sell the Enneracts you didn't want to the lady in town for currency to use to level up skills. It got changed for the full release for some reason.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
fuck me this act 1 boss O_o

Yeah fair enough, lol.

That is actually how it worked in the EA, you could sell the Enneracts you didn't want to the lady in town for currency to use to level up skills. It got changed for the full release for some reason.

the only thing that changes is that you can now "sell" your dupes from the inventory, the rest is the same, you could never sell the skills after you learned them

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Holy fucking christ, I absolutely hate clicking loot you can't pick up.

edit - lol it looks like a hitbox issue with the item text. I have to mash and hit the right spot to grab it. Awful.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
WELP act 1 boss bugged out under the floor on my third try, cant use the town portal so I had to go back to the main menu, and now I cant create a game session. RIP

edit: nvm changed server to London and it worked, this fucker is going down

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Skeletons really suck in this game right now before the end game, and are complete and utter trash for leveling, even with a hefty investment in the pet tree to add summons health and damage. Only the golem is kind of worth anything, and even then that's not saying much since it doesn't really do much damage, and it also doesn't draw enemies all that well. Both skeleton types usually die to a single aoe/beam attack, or any heavy attack from an elite, and especially a boss, and that's with all of the pet buffs. They aren't even all that good as a distraction either, and seem like a total waste of willpower and cast time too. Maybe there are uniques that can fix this, but right now it feels like playing a D2 necro in /players 8 before the skeletons got scaling buffs.

This is with me also going ham with damage spells. They can't even last long enough for me to kill a pack without getting wiped out.

funo

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking christ, I absolutely hate clicking loot you can't pick up.

edit - lol it looks like a hitbox issue with the item text. I have to mash and hit the right spot to grab it. Awful.
I've had the exact same issue but Rhaknar gave me a tip that (almost) fixed this for me.
Try ENABLING Vsync, for some odd reason I can now pick up items 95% of the time by clicking the text and not 12% like before

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Had a lot of fun with this last night in offline mode. Hoping online is working so I can start a fresh more permanent character. Really digging the melee combat in this game.

Anyone else feel the graphics are all over the place? Like some stuff looks absolutely fantastic while other things look like they came from a generic budget title from 2008.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Skeletons really suck in this game right now before the end game, and are complete and utter trash for leveling, even with a hefty investment in the pet tree to add summons health and damage. Only the golem is kind of worth anything, and even then that's not saying much since it doesn't really do much damage, and it also doesn't draw enemies all that well. Both skeleton types usually die to a single aoe/beam attack, or any heavy attack from an elite, and especially a boss, and that's with all of the pet buffs. They aren't even all that good as a distraction either, and seem like a total waste of willpower and cast time too. Maybe there are uniques that can fix this, but right now it feels like playing a D2 necro in /players 8 before the skeletons got scaling buffs.

This is with me also going ham with damage spells. They can't even last long enough for me to kill a pack without getting wiped out.

I have the full dmg reduction nodes (the major node and the 3 minor attached) and it makes a HUGE difference, the only ones that die usually are the melee zombies now and even those hang around. It's deffo not like "my pets cant die" D3 style tho. I just finished Act 1 and im lvl 23 for reference, and I have a bunch of toughness stat because I knew they would get a % from it.