• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I am using a melee skill that literally turns me into Kratos.
Like I am 100% sure it is the exact same animations from God of War.
It's beautiful.
810c6b40a336e77ed4ab573a23947d11eef6660c.gif

LMAO, that's literally the plume combo.

Do you just pump ferocity with Annihilation? I went down the same route as you and feel really weak, especially in co-op. I was going to go pick up all the +ailment damage and kill my base damage, but would it just be easier to respec and pump pure damage instead?

Yeah, I was full wisdom/ailment my first go, but this time it's all ferocity, and I'm also going through the first tier of one of the Soldier branches to get the spell crit and spell crit damage passives too.

WELP anomaly + plagueburst is fucking sick, ailments gallore with the summons wailing on the clumped up mobs, loving it.

Yeah, the damage on that combo is significant, and I was using that until I started over. The main issue is the cooldown on them. Once I find it again, I will for sure at least be using anomaly again. It's this game's black hole.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
WELP anomaly + plagueburst is fucking sick, ailments gallore with the summons wailing on the clumped up mobs, loving it.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO, that's literally the plume combo.

Yeah, I was full wisdom my first go, but this time it's all ferocity, and I'm also going through the first tier of one of the Soldier branches to get the spell crit and spell crit damage passives too.

ugh that sucks to hear lol

Time to spend all my gold and primordial essence I guess! I just made a new character trying out a pistol/catalyst build with willpower/rage skills and its been pretty fun so far! You get to just constantly spam skills. I managed to find an annihilation enneract from him so I guess I'll give it to my main and then respec.

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
I can not kill the act 1 boss. He has tons of spells that straight up one shot me. I'm lvl 22 so I shouldn't have a problem. I don't understand what I can do differently, there's like less than a second to react to some of the attacks.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
73k on steam...jesus this game blew up. I wanna know how devs are feeling about it.

If it continues like this it'll hit a million very soon.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I can not kill the act 1 boss. He has tons of spells that straight up one shot me. I'm lvl 22 so I shouldn't have a problem. I don't understand what I can do differently, there's like less than a second to react to some of the attacks.

For some of the attacks you seemingly have to already be near the edge, or at least close enough to the edge that a dodge will clear it OR have a movement skill available. He also seems to have one or maybe two attacks that come from off screen with no indicator below you either.

73k on steam...jesus this game blew up. I wanna know how devs are feeling about it

That's likely why I haven't been able to start a game after hitting character select for the last fifteen minutes. I should not have logged off when I had to leave for a bit I guess.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably should spec some points into Toughness, I played that fight and wasn't getting one shot at all. I just stayed near his ass and circle strafed him to avoid all of his attacks.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska

Go with more defensive layer. I beat him with about 2500 hit point between health and force shield. And about 20% dodge.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Probably should spec some points into Toughness, I played that fight and wasn't getting one shot at all. I just stayed near his ass and circle strafed him to avoid all of his attacks.

also all his attacks are avoidable. Its hard but they are, dodge INTO him not away or to the sides.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Steam said:
Wolcen servers and issues Status Update

Hello everyone!

Yesterday, we launched our first game and we were astonished to see that so many players joined us on that journey. We've now reached a new peak of 62 000 players, our highest peak before that was 1 934. Although it makes us happy that we reached such high numbers, it unfortunately led to some issues on the servers.

Connectivity issues
When the game launched we were already in contact with our server partners to increase the charge of the servers in case of a high number of connections. But the numbers raised insanely fast and the simultaneous attempts to join the servers also caused issues with the authentication. We had to ask for more capacities there as well.

The number of players has somehow stabilized but we might experience other peaks this evening and during the weekend and we're doing our best to prepare our servers for that.

Right now, we have more servers, more space, and this evening we will also apply a hotfix that will resolve some server & client crash, improve authentication and reduce the amount of disconnection from game services. We will also add a safeguard regarding quest progression loss.

However, the friendlist functionalities/party group are still being restricted for the moment until the situation stabilizes.

Progression save issues
We encountered two issues:

• Random items put in your personal chest are at risk of being lost Online. We identified a possible cause and we're working on a fix.
  • We're still working on a fix for characters disappearing after being created.
  • A hotfix(1.0.1.0 ER) was applied yesterday evening to resolve most of the quest progression loss for online and offline characters. We will push an additional safeguards this evening to prevent the issue from happening again, and we will keep monitoring the situation.

Other known issues
Our teams are also working on other issues that will be hotfixed. Here is a non-exhaustive list of bugs we've already fixed and hope to push early next week:

• Fixing some Gate of Fates nodes with wrong values, leading to unexpected results.
  • Fixing some rare occurence of Offering Shrine being unable to generate valid objects at a low character level.
  • Fixing the "additional stamina points" magic effect on boots being unable to roll on high level items.
  • Fixing one unique item cosmetic mismatch leading to "undefined weapon" icons and invisible mesh.
  • Fixing a generation issue on some Maps and Reverie incense leading to the wrong area (as an exemple, expedition with more chests that won't have any chests).
  • Fixing an issue with ailment damage numbers in the character sheet not scaling with ailments damage bonuses. This already works gameplay wise so those magic effects have an effect, it's just not shown in the character sheet.
  • Fixing an issue with the Endgame special boss not looting upon death.
  • And fixing various client or server crashes.

We keep gathering your reports and we keep working on other issues that will be fixed eventually. We also already planned another hotfix for the end of next week, and we're ready to hotfix as soon as possible if there are critical issues that need to be addressed.

Please accept our apologies again for the inconvenience. Thank you for being so many to support us.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
First time I've ever been kicked out of my online session back to the main menu mid-fight. That wasn't fun. Now ofc I can't get back in. Guess I gotta just keep trying.

Gaston

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone explain to me how coop works? Can you play the entire game coop or do you just go into certain missions as coop?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I love these success stories of small studios releasing their first game of a fairly popular genre and underestimating demand.

They created a really solid ARPG here. I love the freeform classless system of being able to create whatever you want. You create your own class instead of being locked into a preset archetype. It's really awesome stuff.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
Really interested in this game, but I'm curious what it does better/different than Path of Exile? As great as it looks none of the marketing stuff that I read really made it seem like it'd stand out

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't have any issues with the A1 boss, but then again, was level 20, so maybe I might've been over leveled just a little.

Used melee that fight.

Completely forgot about using that transformation thing until I saw the meter at the bottom when the fight was already over, whoops.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in this game, but I'm curious what it does better/different than Path of Exile? As great as it looks none of the marketing stuff that I read really made it seem like it'd stand out

The positioning of Wolcen is in the middle of Diablo 3 and POE. It combines a mix of features from both those games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't have any issues with the A1 boss, but then again, was level 20, so maybe I might've been over leveled just a little.

Used melee that fight.

Completely forgot about using that transformation thing until I saw the meter at the bottom when the fight was already over, whoops.

you dont unlock it until after that boss

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So this is the full release, right? (Out of early access?)

How long is it gonna be $40?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
There's a PASSIVE TREE!? Like PoE? AND a character creator!? I have no idea how it took this genre so long to add CC, but I'm super excited that it's finally happened =D

Gonna have to start following this thread to watch the impressions. If playstyle customization and loot is as good as PoE then I'll have to jump in.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
The servers are getting hammered again, was booted from the game and now I'm unable to create a session.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
The servers are getting hammered again, was booted from the game and now I'm unable to create a session.
Yeah happened to me and I'm really worried it's gonna be terrible over the weekend. Hope I'm wrong but I planned to play a lot of this then and now might have to alternate to something else. Very happy for their success though, I know this has to be a tough time for them while they scramble to fix it.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
There's a PASSIVE TREE!? Like PoE? AND a character creator!? I have no idea how it took this genre so long to add CC, but I'm super excited that it's finally happened =D

Gonna have to start following this thread to watch the impressions. If playstyle customization and loot is as good as PoE then I'll have to jump in.

Don't be too excited. There are like 9 or 10 hair options, 4 or 5 faces and some options for the eye color. For the male character you also have a beard option and that's it.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game blowing up unexpectedly almost makes you think there's a sizeable audience for this kind of game that's being severely underserved 🤔

what do I do with primordial essence? how do I use it?

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Have never heard of this, but the screenshots look awesome. Diablo II (and 3 to a degree) is one of my favorite games of all time...seems I'd like this?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
fuck me this
bird beak demon guy + Mercy zombie
boss fight in act 2 was hard

edit: act 2 is longer than expected looking at the map, I thought I was done but theres still quite a bit left on the north part.

Last edited:

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I love these success stories of small studios releasing their first game of a fairly popular genre and underestimating demand.
They created a really solid ARPG here.
I imagine them all just working to the bone before launch thinking they will finally get a much needed vacation when it releases. Turns out they are now probably working even harder.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I imagine them all just working to the bone before launch thinking they will finally get a much needed vacation when it releases. Turns out they are now probably working even harder.

Seeing as this game has been in Early Access through an extensive Alpha and Beta period since 2016, and only to finally come to a full v1.0, four years later. I'd say the devs have been working hard for quite some time. The last major patch prior to the 1.0 launch was five months ago.

Still getting 60,000+ concurrent users when their last all time high during the beta was only 2,000 or so definitely caught the studio off guard.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the screenshots in OP looks great. Is this game better than Diablo 3 or Path of Exile?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Lambach have to be the nicest most polite villains I've ever seen in a videogame :p

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else get kicked out of their game? I didn't lose any exp or items but I have to redo most of an area.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ok so,I don't know if I am the only one thinking this but I'm gonna come out and say it:

The freeform class system and the weighty feeling to the combat reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur. Like a LOT.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Pushing 85K+ now online.

Going to wait until it all stabilises personally but really happy that ARPG's are still going strong.