• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Are you all saving any of the Enneracts that could be useful for alts or just vendoring them for Primordial Affinity? It seems the latter is what I should do but since these are random drops, maybe hang on to useful skills that I think I'd like to have for other chars.

Of course this is dependent on whether our 'Personal' chest is shared between chars, which I assume it is.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any type of matchmaking for this or is it all invite only?

Just got in and made a character, seems like it has some cool ideas so far (only lvl 2). I grew tired of grinding seasons in D3 awhile back but this seems fresh enough to hold my interest for a bit. Plus dodge roll on PC!! It's fun!

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Does the balance between 'classes' feel way off to anyone else? So far I've made a bow character, who became a dagger character, an ailment caster, who became a straight damage caster, and a two handed warrior.

And mother of god is the two handed warrior leaps and bounds above every other archetype i've played. Like, I can't even believe i'm playing the same game any more levels of stronger.

My mage would use all of her willpower and half the mobs in a group would still be alive for me to whittle down with basic staff attacks.

Meanwhile my warrior just jumps in and whirlwinds everyone down in like half a second. The ability damage scaling when using a two hander in particular seems to be off the charts, as when I tried going dual wield or sword and board the warrior felt much more like all the other characters.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I assume it's because you are looking at the characters from a zoomed out view and you barely see their gear, let alone their faces?
Because it's not really necessary. It's nice to have options but at the end of the day it's not worth the development effort to implement it.
I really think that's a popular misconception for this genre. Can you imagine The Elder Scrolls 6 and Destiny 3 devs removing CC and saying "you mostly play in first person anyway so you never really see yourself outside of vanity cams."
Essentially, it's something a lot of people care about that helps them connect to their characters. And I really think a lot of players would love it in this genre too.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
wasn't it close to 23 gigs or something?
Also, it is recommended to delete your beta/alpha/Early Access builds and re-download the full release to resolve some issues
Yeah the required space is 23gig but it's downloading 16. I read it's better to do a clean install of the retail version as it helps with a few issues. I just uninstalled and reinstalled.

Is that all i needed to do?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so here's a tip: buy the skills from the lady vendor because the currency you get from the dupe skills is much more valuable than the gold you spend on said skills.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Dunno if it was allrdy posted but they had a better char generator in the alpha and scrapped it instead of improving it:

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
so here's a tip: buy the skills from the lady vendor because the currency you get from the dupe skills is much more valuable than the gold you spend on said skills.
So I guess that answers my earlier question, Primordial Affinity is quite valuable. It seems like it is, just wasn't sure if you get a lot later on.

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Sorry if this was answered before, but is there any info on this game's endgame?

I love POE, but my biggest enjoyment on that game comes from the amazing and robust endgame content. This looks good, but i can't find anything on the endgame mechanics .

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
infinity blades crit build is nice :P

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So I guess that answers my earlier question, Primordial Affinity is quite valuable. It seems like it is, just wasn't sure if you get a lot later on.

at lvl 31, a stat respec costs 15k out of my 71k gold. A passive respec at the same level costs my 770 out of currently 1660 affinity, almost half. Plus if you want to quickly level up a skill you havent used, thats another affinity dump, gold not so much.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this was answered before, but is there any info on this game's endgame?

I love POE, but my biggest enjoyment on that game comes from the amazing and robust endgame content. This looks good, but i can't find anything on the endgame mechanics .

for now its a system sorta like the diablo rifts, the usual random dungeon with various affuixes to make it harder and get better rewards.

there's also a meta-system where you play a sort of "board game" to build your town to get various bonuses (including for example, the 6th skill slot)

Can tomes be stashed in chest for different characters?

I dont see why not, its just an item.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Is there a way to always have the loot shown/highlighted? It only pops up when I'm really close to it which is annoying.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

I'm a little confused about this. I can sell skills to the lady whether I have the skill or not. Is there some other selling option for skills you have a duplicate of?

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions on best stats to focus on for a Mage?

I don't know exactly what type of Mage build I'm going to do, but I'm thinking either Lightning focused, Poison type focus, or Summoning

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Is there plans to have a non steam version?

Currently can you load the game without booting steam?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
One thing that's really bugging me is the inventory, when you open it it's not "active", so you have to click once in the window for it to start working.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Is there plans to have a non steam version?

Currently can you load the game without booting steam?
It currently has Steam integration which you see each time you attempt to login online. I can't speak to whether they plan for a non-Steam version though I haven't seen anything saying they are.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
This looks a heck of alot like Diablo 3 at first blush. The UI and general aesthetic specifically.

I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked back at the Kickstarter to see why I funded it like 5 years ago. I knew there were some unique aspects that would have peaked my interest over just a Diablo clone.

This was originally supposed to be a full open world action RPG with tons of destructibility. They were really pushing both these things, saying the game world would be 4 square kilometers that you could fully explore, and there would be all sorts of insane real-time destruction of not just small things but massive parts of levels. Also AI that would dynamically deal with this destruction.

It's pretty crazy that they started developing that game and we ended up with a straight up Diablo clone with none of those features.

I mean, the game is fantastic. But this is nothing like what they said it would be when I kickstarted it.

Check out the Kickstarter pitch:

www.kickstarter.com

Umbra (PC and Linux)

Open world, free progression hack 'n' slash! Turn into a personalized Apocalyptic Form and unleash your powers upon your foes!

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked back at the Kickstarter to see why I funded it like 5 years ago. I knew there were some unique aspects that would have peaked my interest over just a Diablo clone.

This was originally supposed to be a full open world action RPG with tons of destructibility. They were really pushing both these things, saying the game world would be 4 square kilometers that you could fully explore, and there would be all sorts of insane real-time destruction of not just small things but massive parts of levels. Also AI that would dynamically deal with this destruction.

It's pretty crazy that they started developing that game and we ended up with a straight up Diablo clone with none of those features.

I mean, the game is fantastic. But this is nothing like what they said it would be when I kickstarted it.

Check out the Kickstarter pitch:

www.kickstarter.com

Umbra (PC and Linux)

Open world, free progression hack 'n' slash! Turn into a personalized Apocalyptic Form and unleash your powers upon your foes!

Likely ambition made them get ahead of themselves and came to realize it wasn't possible.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I just killed the first boss and my first impression is it's OK. Some of the skills feel a little clunky to me (Bleeding Edge for example) and the animations are a little stiff in some places but overall it's decent, a step under Diablo and PoE, but good. The UI is also a bit clunky with items sometimes taking a while to sell and buy, and the inventory not always responding when you open it needing you to click in the window to "activate" it.

On the more positive side, it's very pretty with beautiful looking spell effects and it runs surprisingly well (100+ fps on max settings with a GTX 1080). The voice acting is also solid for the most part and the story is serviceable so far but it's never really the focus in these games anyway.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Loving my caster right now. It's cool to see that even though I'm a magic user skills from different 'class' are also usefull. The build potential is really great I think.

at lvl 31, a stat respec costs 15k out of my 71k gold. A passive respec at the same level costs my 770 out of currently 1660 affinity, almost half. Plus if you want to quickly level up a skill you havent used, thats another affinity dump, gold not so much.

How many hours have you playes since yesterday man? 😱

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gem sockets are weird. Seems like needless complexity with the "offensive (I)" and "offensive (II)"... etc etc.

I have a 2-handed hammer with offensive(II) so that means... damage bonuses are for spells(edited).​

I can't cast spells with a 2-handed hammer. What gives....

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
this fucking act 2 boss tho O_o

The gem sockets are weird. Seems like needless complexity with the "offensive (I)" and "offensive (II)"... etc etc.

I have a 2-handed hammer with offensive(II) so that means... damage bonuses are for spells(edited).

I can't cast spells with a 2-handed hammer. What gives....

different gems do different things.

edit: wait youre right offensive II seems to be always spell oriented. Welp, I guess any socket can roll on any item :/

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
So I started out with a sword at the beginning but quickly switched to dual pistols. Can I remap the right mouse botton to do something else since I'm not using the anvil smash anymore?

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Does the balance between 'classes' feel way off to anyone else? So far I've made a bow character, who became a dagger character, an ailment caster, who became a straight damage caster, and a two handed warrior.

And mother of god is the two handed warrior leaps and bounds above every other archetype i've played. Like, I can't even believe i'm playing the same game any more levels of stronger.
I feel exactly the same way. I'm only level 13 but I've been playing as a ranged character with bows/pistols and I found a decent two handed sword. Swapped it over and my damage per hit goes from 20-25 to 100. Everything dies so fast. Maybe later on when you get more points in the passive tree the ranged character might start to shine but early game it's chalk and cheese.

They're now pushing 95k players. That's amazing. So happy for these guys. Just hope they can keep up with fixing the issues and stuff before the hype dies down. It really is a fun game to play. Hope the players give them a chance to fix the problems.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Act 2 down, Charming!

These act end bosses are legit challenging because of mechanics, not something you usually see in arpgs, neat.

So I started out with a sword at the beginning but quickly switched to dual pistols. Can I remap the right mouse botton to do something else since I'm not using the anvil smash anymore?

you can put any skill anyware you want except on left click. just drag it to where you want it.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
From everything I'm reading, I may need to swap out my caster for a melee.

I really just want a min/max build so I can rip through stuff.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got to level 7 as a a caster speccing for afflictions, but not sure i'm loving it.

another complaint is this game needs way more waypoints/checkpoints. I lost a huge chunk of forward progress because I had to quit in the middle of a dungeon and I got put back in town. There wasn't even a portal at the start of the dungeon. So first I'm gonna have to run back to it and then make my way back to where I was in it. That's kind of aggravating and it feels like the game is wasting my time. I may start a new melee character anyway tho. I wanted to go for a build type I normally never really go for in ARPGs but I feel like I chose the worst possible thing.