• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
What's with the long whole day until tomorrow maintenance? They adding servers or what? I think it'd be a mistake of spending more on servers because it's kinda too late for that only for the player count to drop shortly after everyone beats the campaign. Atleast that's what I am thinking, not sure what else they can handle the temporary load.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
What's with the long whole day until tomorrow maintenance? They adding servers or what? I think it'd be a mistake of spending more on servers because it's kinda too late for that only for the player count to drop shortly after everyone beats the campaign. Atleast that's what I am thinking, not sure what else they can handle the temporary load.
Investigating and fixing the items disappointing from stashes

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Have been playing offline since release and greatly enjoying this. Almost done with Act 1 playing as a pure melee character going into Kratos cosplay.
Haven't met with any bugs that I noticed yet thankfully.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Man, me and my friends were really enjoying ourselves last night and we were gonna go again this morning but when we found out its down for maintenance all day a lot of hype died. A grave mistake by the devs, hopefully they dont lose too much momentum from this.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Unable to play coop for 48h, maybe even longer. I will definitely not write a good review anymore.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Hmmph that's unfortunate indeed. Have been at work all week and busy in the evenings so haven't had much time to play until today. I was going to coop all day with a friend but I guess I'll make a new offline char.

Booooooo hissssssssss

Sgs2008

Mar 25, 2019
Offline has a been a pretty great experience so far. Only major bug was the major stutter during one of the first boss fights. But smooth since then

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
maintenence until 5pm uk? fuck me thats a long maintenence lol, guess Im not finishing the story today afterall (looking at the announcement my char should be safe, I logged off last night when they were deploying a hotfix).

I was actually going to say im thinking of making a offline char also, with another of the builds i wanted to play, to unlock the endgame stuff both offline and online, so I guess ill do that now then.

Might even just blitz through in story difficulty tbh, that and skipping the cutscenes it shouldnt be too bad.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Having seen melee and playing mostly ranged, I feel like the ranged abilities are aggressively underpowered in contrast to how the bosses are massive HP sponges. On top of having a bunch of adds that block ranged abilities.

Also I hope harder difficulties have more things to hit, a lot of these zones are weirdly barren.

Seems like that when first starting out, but it gets a lot better eventually. At least for right now, the whirlwind/rend/leap build seems like the most dominant, but surely things will be adjusted over the next coming months. This is by no means optimal at all, and it's like a pistol wielding caster hybrid, but it's still more of a "ranger" type rather than a pure caster.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the passive ring (obviously) makes a HUGE impact on your builds, it's ridiculously noticiable later on. Then again it's completely baffling to me that people want to play "whats best" and not "what they like", don't try the skills for themselves etc, but to each it's own.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah I never quite get the "i must play the meta" stance.
it's not like these games are competitive and everyone is some kind of leaderboard gladiator trying to become the world best.
Just enjoy what skills are fun for you, kill a lot of dudes and play the story and such. Then maybe play aorund in the endgame a bit.

RedFlo

Aug 16, 2019
I have a problem, when I start the campain in the offline mode, after the first two cutscenes, when you are prompted to left click to move, my char isnt moving.

I already reinstalled the game 3 times, changed key bindings, switched resolution and nothing seems to work. Strangely when i reset all options, everything is changed back to default except the keybinds, even after a full reinstall.

Someone got any more ideas? Thanks

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I've heard that the campaing character cannot be the same as the online character, is this true?

If so, does campaing and online change that much(in terms of maps)? i would think that the online would be similar to the campaing maps but without the cutscenes, seems wierd having one character for each mode.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've heard that the campaing character cannot be the same as the online character, is this true?

If so, does campaing and online change that much(in terms of maps)? i would think that the online would be similar to the campaing maps but without the cutscenes, seems wierd having one character for each mode.
it has nothing to do with campaign but with online and offline. You can't take your offline character into online and you can't take your online character into offline. Content is the same both offline and online.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I only had a handful of crashes during my playthrough, and 3 of them were in the same area(forest area in act2), that place was a mess not sure why. So not sure, maybe it's one of your annihilation mods, the lastest you speced into?

Okay so I kinda figured out how to mitigate the situation. If I catch the spelling doing the delay, best to portal back to town and back. The problem goes away. It has to be a memory issue.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
it has nothing to do with campaign but with online and offline. You can't take your offline character into online and you can't take your online character into offline. Content is the same both offline and online.
Oh, thx, that's better then, i misunderstood, thx.

Also, how co-op works? if i go online i have the option to leave my game open so other people can join?

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'll pick this up when I have some spare cash.

I wonder if they will end up implementing league type things ala POE. Game looks pretty cool but a relatively static end game will get old quick.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
So got my first unique staff for my Sorc...
It shocks me per each attack wtf kind of drop is this.
There are synergies with applying ailments on yourself. There is even at least one node for that on passive skill tree.

---

Ps. Regarding end-game i think all diablolike games going forward should copy Delve mode from PoE.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There are synergies with applying ailments on yourself. There is even at least one node for that on passive skill tree.

---

Ps. Regarding end-game i think all diablolike games going forward should copy Delve mode from PoE.
I agree. The only thing is, Delve content contains a chance at a lot of end game content. You kinda need a lot of that stuff there to make it worth exploring, along with I suppose similar crafting materials.

Saying that, I really don't know how much complexity to end game content there is in this, yet.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. The only thing is, Delve content contains a chance at a lot of end game content. You kinda need a lot of that stuff there to make it worth exploring, along with I suppose similar crafting materials.

Saying that, I really don't know how much complexity to end game content there is in this, yet.
Delve wouldnt be much worse if it didnt have Legion, Beyond or Harbringer encounters. Basic version of Delve just needs new currency, standard nodes with rewards and maybe few bosses and it would already be quite fun. Thats also a concept that is easily expandable, which is one thing i thought GGG would be doing, but they do not unfortunately. I actually expected GGG to have more Delve like concepts after how it was successful.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So got my first unique staff for my Sorc...
It shocks me per each attack wtf kind of drop is this.

there's a whole section in the passive ring where the goal is to hurt yourself. you get all the ailements that you put on enemies on yourself also, and when you have a certain amount you cleanse them and gain health, willpower and dmg buff or something, its weird.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
there's a whole section in the passive ring where the goal is to hurt yourself. you get all the ailements that you put on enemies on yourself also, and when you have a certain amount you cleanse them and gain health, willpower and dmg buff or something, its weird.

Yeah. My build is now on the complete opposite side of that... Annihilation is aether damage so was moving the Wheel of Fate and focusing on that. Used all my currency on leveling skills so cannot even respec.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. My build is now on the complete opposite side of that... Annihilation is aether damage so was moving the Wheel of Fate and focusing on that. Used all my currency on leveling skills so cannot even respec.

im not saying you should go that route just because you got the unique, I was just saying as an example of why something would hurt yourself :)

Colfari

#TeamThierry
Nov 13, 2017
Germany
Investigating and fixing the items disappointing from stashes
Wait, the stash bug is still in the game? It has been a problem since the beta launched, it basically resets your stash to the last time you logged in, happens even if you switch characters, if you keep the items in the character inventory, they don't disappear, but you can't transfer it to another character. It only happened when you had 3 tabs unlocked, which was the max in the beta. This will definitely not be fixed over the weekend, if it's the same bug, that's why I stopped playing about half a year ago (or longer even).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
was thinking about making a build around this passive

sn6BG39.png

using a ranger with turrets (since its a device) but now im thinking about a lightning mage with it instead and dump all the power charge on chain lightning

giphy.gif

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
heads up for the respeccers out there
if you hold shift you can add 5 attribute points per click, if you hold ctrl it's 50 per click (or it's the other way around 😅)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
WAIT WHAT?

There is a skill that is literally McCree's ultimate from overwatch? with 1sec cooldown? and its a device which I was just talking about wanting to make a build around that passive?

Is this real life?

edit: aw I gues it's more of a AOE skill, not that good for single so it would suck for a boss :(

edit: oooh the railgun is a device aswell!

Last edited:

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Is there a dual-wielding build? I tried to search the tree for any passives that raised DW but can't see any.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
WAIT WHAT?

There is a skill that is literally McCree's ultimate from overwatch? with 1sec cooldown? and its a device which I was just talking about wanting to make a build around that passive?

Is this real life?

edit: aw I gues it's more of a AOE skill, not that good for single so it would suck for a boss :(

You can channel it for a single target as well, it pretty much destroys bosses with a single press lol

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Bold move by devs to take down online side on release weekend for most of the Saturday. I imagine many would prefer that they have left them up with reduced capacity than not having any on weekend day

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
You can channel it for a single target as well, it pretty much destroys bosses with a single press lol

I just tried it and you only shoot 1 shot if you use it on 1 target dude.

Bold move by devs to take down online side on release weekend for most of the Saturday. I imagine many would prefer that they have left them up with reduced capacity than not having any on weekend day

people were losing progress and items so no.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
WAIT WHAT?

Is this real life?

Assuming you're talking about Gunslinger's Brand, I'm playing ranged and that skill has insane single target DPS, especially once you unlock the upgrade for more "stacks". The only problem is that it's "cast" time is semi-long because you have to hammer the button to get all your stacks out and enemy attacks can cancel it, but if you want to build around it I'm guessing there's ways around that.

Oct 27, 2017
I've played for around 10 hours as of now, all offline. This game is really fucking fun. If there's enough to do after the story is over then this is one of the best ARPG's in a long time.